1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Openpandora Ltd (UK) Struck off email

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RMJ250, Nov 16, 2013.

1. RMJ250

RMJ250 Still Fresh

No surprise here, just received an email to confirm that they have been struck off with out even enough funds to liquidate,

J

2. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Advanced Member

I take it you're referring to the email below which hitbyambulance posted elsewhere

Hello,

If you have received your Pandora you can ignore this email.

OpenPandora Ltd (UK) has ran out of funds and we have requested the company to be struck off.

As you may know the original company producing the PCBs failed to deliver around 1000 units
    due to manufacturing defects, this, along with the intermittent failure of the LCD cables
    drastically damaged our finances.

Earlier in the year we tried everything possible to continue business but 3 months ago, after
    legal advice, it was shown to be very unlikely to succeed. The company has no assets of any
    significant value.

There is no money to pay for liquidation (it would require around £4000) and since no one
    has applied to liquidate us it is with regret that we have had to take this action.

You can find a copy of the strike off form here:

http://craig.gp2x.de/liqform.zip

OpenPandora Germany continues to trade and may be able to help you in regards to outstanding
    orders, you should email them if they don't already have your details. (openpandora.org).

OpenPandora Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  3. RMJ250

RMJ250 Still Fresh

oh, yup, that's the one didn't see where he posted it

4. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Advanced Member

^ It deserves it's own thread anyway.

5. commander-beef

commander-beef Very Active Member

This is f*ing sad. I'm really sorry for Craig, because the openpandora project is his child and in the end the community hates him so much right now. The mistakes that he done in the past just kills his reputation here on boards. Im surprised that nobody wants to dig further and check that it's really a Craig's fault for icp2 + OP doom. I hope Craig finally join op board and explain whole situation..

sswam likes this.
  6. Toupee

Toupee Still Fresh

Ummm... whoa.  So I just got this email.  I never received a Pandora.  What do I do now?  I STILL WANT ONE!

I assume this question will be asked a lot in the coming days.

Also, for what it's worth, I still have no hard feelings towards Craig.

7. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

and explain why he never paid ED for the 1ghz he sent him too?

8. commander-beef

commander-beef Very Active Member

9. Fzero

Fzero Advanced Member

See what was said here;

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/13042-evildragons-pre-order-survey-thread/page-9#entry289694/URL]

That's the situation right now.

Best option is to take up ED's offer for the upgrade, though will cost you more, so if you can afford to.

Otherwise, just a long wait unfortunately.

Ain't anything going to happen from Craig

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  10. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

And, as usual, he hasn't paid for the LCD Cables and cases I sent him so he could create the Pandora for his CC customers (the ones he apparently sold off on eBay...). *sigh*.

akarolick likes this.
  11. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

What has to happen until you finally consider legal action?

12. EvilDragon

The value for that is way lower than any lawyer for international rights would cost me and there's nothing left from Craig to grab... so what use would that be?

rohezal and Trip like this.
  13. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Just keep the icp2 money blocked for manufacturing until h pays you back what he owes you.

14. EvilDragon

That would be illegal.

15. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Still Fresh

Sigh... wasn't happy to get that email at all. I ordered back in October 2008 and paid what was for me a good chunk of money (not like it was sitting around!) for the unit, extra for dev funds and cables. The forecasted shipping date back then was Christmas 2008 - can you believe it? How many years was it before people actually started to get them? At a certain point, I declared myself out because if you get your forecast THAT wrong, it's either a scam or total incompetence. There is no way that anyone could have been that far from actual production and make a prediction of shipping in a couple of months.

But when it came to requesting a refund, I waited. I didn't want to. Part of me always hoped it would work out and I would get my Pandora. I never sent that refund request.

And I never got the Pandora.

I simply don't have the money to pay a second time for the 'upgrade' options. That's like paying twice for a variation of what I paid for initially - even then, I'd be well tempted if I had the funds but I just don't. But I feel really bad for EvilDragon and have a huge amount of respect for him for communicating, being open and really trying to do right by people even when the initial mess wasn't his. EvilDragon, you have been great during all this. But Craig? Well it has all been said time and time again over the last five years or so.

So for those of us who ordered in 2008 and still don't have our Pandoras, is this it I wonder? It has been a sad and frustrating experience that has dragged on for too many years without a single positive for those of us who never got our order.

16. EssoAir

EssoAir Well-Known Member

HIS ACTIONS ARE ILLEGAL TOO

17. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

In practice, this changes nothing. Craig was never likely to send you a CC Pandora according to all reports, and anything else is an upgrade. Granted, you can't threaten him with legal action and hope for a refund any more, but I suspect this winding up might be the result of someone doing just that.

18. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

Assuming that's true, the response to someone doing something illegal to you is not to do something illegal back, that only ever makes things worse.

Znirk, Neelix and Trip like this.
  19. Asiyura

Asiyura Well-Known Member

Two wrongs don't make a right…

Binky likes this.
  20. Gruntfuggly

Gruntfuggly Mostly Harmless

I love the opening line - "If you have received your Pandora you can ignore this email." 

And if you haven't?