OpenPandora is NOT dead!

I agree, based on the current plans from ED incompatibility would be the only reason for me to not immediately support / pre-order or buy a P2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I think the Pandora 2 should absolutely strive for is DreamCast emulation.  It might be a tough ask but if they nail it I can see swarms of people will want to it.

If compatibility has to be sacrificed to make that happen so be it.

^In theory an ARM processor should be better than a comparable x86 processor at Dreamcast emulation since they share the same ARM architecture.

The one thing I think the Pandora 2 should absolutely strive for is DreamCast emulation. It might be a tough ask but if they nail it I can see swarms of people will want to it.

If compatibility has to be sacrificed to make that happen so be it.
There aren't even swarms of people that know what a dreamcast is. I would be very surprised if you needed many hands to count the number of persons willing to pay 500$ for a portable dreamcast emulator. Do you have some concrete evidence?

The only ARM chip in a Dreamcast is in the audio circuitry. The main system SH-4 chip is a RISC processor as ARM chips are, but that doesn't mean they're any more like each other than they are like a subset of the x86 instruction set.

The only ARM chip in a Dreamcast is in the audio circuitry. The main system SH-4 chip is a RISC processor as ARM chips are, but that doesn't mean they're any more like each other than they are like a subset of the x86 instruction set.
Seems I got some bad info.. thanks for the correction.

You would need tentacles to count how many people want a portable dreamcast emulator.
More than 10,000 people downloaded the Dreamcast Visual memory emulator. If that doesn't show their is demand I don't know what can. Not even the shield currently can emulate dreamcast currently (That was the reason I didn't buy it btw), it will be the only handheld in the market that is capable of it. So while it isn't mainstream it is certainly a feature which will really help sales.

Full Speed Dreamcast emulation on a handheld would be way sick, and would bring HUGE crowds to the device. Sadly, I don't see it happening soon, but depending on when the P2 is produced(if it ever is), anything is possible. I would pay 500 or more depending on what else it could do.

Chris

PSP full speed is more important for me than Dreamcast.

Maybe even Vita and 3DS.

Dreamcast #1 for me as it's never really been available as a hand-held (unlike the 3DS & Vita) both of which are still available off the shelf.

I'd say that Dreaqmcast would be a pipe dream though.

Annoying thing is that if/when DC does become available for a P2 it would be ripped off for other devices.

Dreamcast would be nice.

I wonder how it will cope with Saturn emulation?

Im always just amazed how evil dragon can pull this of. So many stones that where put in his way - but he did always find a round them. Congratulations and a big thanks for getting this far.

Seeing what he has done in the past makes me confident that some day i to will get my Pandora that i have ordered and paid back in the first batch days.

I originally ordered my Pandora at evil dragons place. It seemed to be logical to order in Germany since i live in Switzerland. But back then they redirected me to Craigs place because for some reason he was responsible for the region Switzerland. So i ordered there thinking what dose it matter where I order they will use the pre order money to make this great product possible no matter where i pay it to. Well we all know what happened since.

And so thanks to evil dragon for keeping this project alive so that one day i will get my Pandora from the place i originally wanted to order from. The place that redirected me to craigs but now wont just let it by that - but is looking for way to fix that. Soo a big big thanx to evil dragon

So, now my question is will we see any more full Apogee games released on the Repo?  I LOVED getting the chance to play some PC classics I have never experienced before, and it's been months since we have seen any released.

C'mon, you know you wanna take my money.......

I can package some more if you like in the next days.

Our lab move is over and I got some more time from tomorrow on :)

Back