Openpandora Blog Update

Indeed. Also, the blog update has changed since that other post. I'm pretty sure those pictures weren't there before...

Glad to hear some progress! I know the team is busy, but seeing updates like this one are great. Thx ED! :pandora1:

CronoTriggerfan said:
Hmm, the keyboard isn't using tact switches, very interesting... :D
Interesting? This has been common knowledge since March.

Last edited by a moderator:
bennyboy said:
http://openpandora.org/blog.php
includes loads of information, and pics of the WIP keyboard mat
also, pictures of the "FINAL boards" will be there soon, as well as photos of a final prototype!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure how this is "loads" of information.... They really didn't say much that is new here, and those aren't pics, they are yet more renders. I'd love to see some actual pictures.

That being said, there are no complaints from me, but I don't see this particular post as something to get overly excited about other than they are checking in to let people know they are working.

Well, that problem with PayPal and your MASSIVE preorders including hundreds of eMails to reply to did take some time, so we did not have much time to do blog updates.
Oh, so now it's our fault.
jk, I'm just impatient.

Wait, does that mean the keyboard will have a 'soft' press action, as opposed to a hard clicky action that most keypads (that I have handled) feature?

Oh well, can't win 'em all.

yeah, I was hoping for one of those too... :(
Well, I guess this is a more rugged approach. Switches can break after all. Also it reduces cost and requires less space I reckon.

Chip said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Well I got here in April, so sorry I don't have countless hours to spend pouring over minute details about the project.

I'd agree that "clicky" buttons would be much favored for a keyboard over the "squishy" rubber pads, but as someone else said, you can't win 'em all. Oh well...

CronoTriggerfan said:
Chip said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Well I got here in April, so sorry I don't have countless hours to spend pouring over minute details about the project.

I'd agree that "clicky" buttons would be much favored for a keyboard over the "squishy" rubber pads, but as someone else said, you can't win 'em all. Oh well...

From what I understand the buttons will be plastic and go on top of a thin rubber membrane. I don't think the actual keys are rubber. It may not be clicky, but they should be hard.

Back