Release OpenBOR

Join the forces with kazuki, because he already made OpenBOR port 2 years ago.. Do we need 2 different PND for OpenBOR?
As I understand the new build was needed for the He-Man module..
Indeed, but we should offer an upgrade path for existing applications. I got a little confused when this was released the other day (Saw the news then went to PND manager only to see no updates.)
Ouch. For my first PND, I didn't follow the rules.

What is the best way to go to update software already present in the repository ?
It's ok dude! Don't let it put you off! :)

thank you

Menu screen is a little small

:wacko:

bkv6.pak can't play, loading then quit...

night slasher x quit at stage 3(chase The carriage)

Great! It's hard to believe we didn't have OpenBor yet.

I have yet only tried He-Man and framerate isn't as good as I'd like on my 1st batch pandora (overclocked to 800 MHz) but that didn't stop me from completing the entire demo.

Thanks for the port!

Yes but it was old and not very compatible with newer paks based on later versions of openBor until now anyway.

Running well on my 1GHz Pandora:

• Video options, full screen, 640x480 (first time you launched the game)
ClaFan 1.48

ClaFan_v1.48 - 0000.pngClaFan_v1.48 - 0001.pngClaFan_v1.48 - 0002.pngClaFan_v1.48 - 0003.png

contrav2

contrav2 - 0000.pngcontrav2 - 0001.pngcontrav2 - 0002.png

Crisis Evil 1

Crisis Evil 1 - 0000.pngCrisis Evil 1 - 0001.pngCrisis Evil 1 - 0002.png

Crisis Evil 2

Crisis Evil 2 - 0000.pngCrisis Evil 2 - 0001.pngCrisis Evil 2 - 0002.png

Return of the Double Dragon

Return of the Double Dragon - 0000.pngReturn of the Double Dragon - 0001.pngReturn of the Double Dragon - 0002.png

Rhythm of Destruction 2 - Street Fighter Edition

Rhythm of Destruction 2 - Street Fighter Edition - 0000.pngRhythm of Destruction 2 - Street Fighter Edition - 0001.pngRhythm of Destruction 2 - Street Fighter Edition - 0002.png

• Video options, full screen, 960x544
Golden Axe Remake

Golden Axe - Remake (480x272) - 0000.pngGolden Axe - Remake (480x272) - 0001.pngGolden Axe - Remake (480x272) - 0002.png

Dungeons & Dragons, Knights & Dragons The Endless Quest

KDEQ - 0000.pngKDEQ - 0001.pngKDEQ - 0002.pngKDEQ - 0003.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • What would you prefer for the default Pandora-ified keymap ?
D-PAD is already used for UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. The 6 buttons may be used for action (Attack 1, Attack 2, Attack 3, Attack 4, Jump, Special)

• What would be the best for the default Pandora-ified video optiions ?
Full screen, resolutions 640x480 or 960x544, the best depending on the game needs

• What would you prefer for the default Pandora-ified keymap ?
D-PAD is already used for UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. The 6 buttons may be used for action (Attack 1, Attack 2, Attack 3, Attack 4, Jump, Special)
A4      Sp

A2

A1      A3

Ju

• What would be the best for the default Pandora-ified video optiions ?
Full screen, resolutions 640x480 or 960x544, the best depending on the game needs
Full screen 640x480 (probably with light scanlines), I think that He-Man is an exception here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm I think scanlines and scalers are very subjective. I would say just a simple 2x integer scale would be best default.

I think that the keymap is good though. :)

And the Pandora Start should be for the Enter

Will release soon a new pnd to follow instructions regarding which versions are compatible with which games (cf. chronocash forum's post).
On the forum post, you will find lots of games to run OpenBOR with.

The pnd will include builds 3482, 3711, 3979 and 4074 (current one).
All the SDL1 builds will be fullscreen using @notaz SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE
The latest sources are running with SDL2 and my build crash after launching a game (have to correct that)

The build 3482 run Ghosts'n Demons
Keys binding are:
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT with DPAD
GESTURE with B
ATTACK with A
JUMP with X
HUD with Y
START with Pandora "START" button
SCREENSHOT with 0

00.png 01.png 02.png

For the other builds, I think the mapping will be FIRE1 to FIRE6 on A, X, Y, B, L SHOULDER, R SHOULDER

Last edited:
Yop, here is the PND of the Double Dragon Reloaded with 3.0.3 version.
@mamemaniac, you could try it, others too :)

The 3.0.3 version is included in the PND and during the first start, decompression is done.
You have to wait first for the decompression, then the loading is quite long even on the 1GHz.

I will put it on the repo after your feedback or maybe in another place.
Is openbor.openpandora.org possible ?
I would like to make more OpenBoR PND with modules included.

See this forum http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3717.0 to get more informations about the module

Last edited:
@mamemaniac, I will put the PND on the repo after correcting the SOR2X PND crash.
This module (OpenBoR build 6330) use the webm library to play video and the library is included in the OpenBoR build 4153.
So, I will apply the correction to OpenBoR build 4153 and 6330.

Could someone test the Double Dragon Reloaded PND 2-players mode with gamepad ?
I think joysticks and gamepads are not working well.

Back