Openbor For Gp2x

zodttd posted on Mar 14 2007 at 11:49 PM said:
OpenBOR is one of the hardest things to port due to how ugly the source is/was.
I'm suprised it hasn't been vastly cleaned up by the original authors.
Congrats on this port and hope to see it mature. :)

Thank You..... Its been a long battle...:) with cleanup! But it wasn't by its original authors. It was by yours truely!! :) After taking control of the project and being the only developer on the project it gave me a chance to really go in there and clean things up! Though I still think I can clean stuff up some more.... but its becoming more and more difficult since I'm supporting sooooo many platforms! But yeah... Its a whole new source compared to the way it was prior to my involvement!

You should take another look at it! As of this week I was able to successfully share the game library thru out every platform! Which should have been done from the start! Overall the ugliest source that still exists of all platforms is the XBOX source! I still need to cleanup that platform!

What a mess it was!

Thank You for your hints!

mmuhack is now implement and has been reported about a 4~5 fps increase and about a 2 second speedup in load times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:40 AM said:
MMU hack with Hardware accelerated SDL?

MMU Hack has been implemented but not released yet to the public. Hardware SDL is currently being tested. Also volume controlled buttons can be used now. Next release will be feature packed i guess....lol

i have found the MMU hack version and i can say wowe :D great upgrade than the last kwno version of BOR for GP2x ;)

i think with HW SDL we can gain 5fps more :D

Yod4z posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:58 AM said:
i have found the MMU hack version and i can say wowe :D great upgrade than the last kwno version of BOR for GP2x ;)

i think with HW SDL we can gain 5fps more :D

Yeah.... <_< I had a talk with him.... he was not to release anything during testing phases! Lesson learned. I like to have releases with muliple features.... not just 1's and 2'ies. Unless they are bug fixes.

Well I figured I would update the crew here with my latest progress of my port. I've recompiled the engine using open2x sdk and prebuilt sdl libraries and our fps are now smooth and steady for the most part since I am using hardware acceleration compared to the previous releases!

Oh and for you linux fans I've ported the engine to run on linux as well. I successfully compiled against RedHat and have it running! So allot has happen since the last time we spoke! In the next official release I will release both executables for each platforms officially.

Thanks for your tips...!

SamouraiX the god of OpenBOR :D

I think OpenBOR is now on all the systems, maybe i can see if some one is interested on porting it to MorphOS or AmigaOS4 ;)

Official Release v2.0691 is now out! So here it is.... But... you do need to be registered in order to download.

http://www.lavalit.com

Well without further hesitation......

By SX:

1. Dynamic Animation Frame Memory Manager (No more Frame Limits and Also reduces memory by HALF!!!)
2. Memory utilizations in system options menu (shows how much memory is being utilized by your mod)
3. Controller I/O interface redesigned for PSP (Thinking of wifi mulitplayer next on the list).
4. XBoX now uses Sprite Flip Technique.
5. XBoX now supports 4 Player Control.
6. XBoX now stablilzed, no more random crashing!
7. XBoX hardcoded paths removed default.xbe anywhere with the included folders!
8. GP2X now RUNS!
9. GP2X now uses Sprite Flip Technique.
10. GP2X now uses Filecaching for faster file loading.
11. GP2X now uses open2x dev environment.
12. GP2X now uses SDL Hardware acceleration
13. Unified Libraries for all platforms!
14. New LINUX platform Identical to Windows version took me a whole 2 minutes to port it!

However the Linux platform is not included at the moment until i get to work since its the only place were i have a linux machine available..... But don't tell anybody.....

Delete settings.sav for both PSP and XBoX due to new controller layout!

New or Updated Commands

knife and playshotno can now both be used together!

Character's text file under command anim.

quakeframe:
--positive means old style quake.
--negative value means new style extreme quake.

Next 2 go under levels.txt

timeicon - is used as the lower layer for the countdown of the timer. That means while the digits are counting down they are on top of this icon. You modders can now draw a nice little box with the word time or something of the sorts instead of the default white box.

timeicon path/to/icon.cfg x y

bgicon - is used as the lowest layer. That means its used for masking or whatever technique you choose. Player(s) or Enemy(s) status will be placed over bgicon.

bgicon path/to/icon.cfg x y

By uTunnels:

1. Script Engine!
2. Free Command system removed since we have script engine!

New or Updated Commands

blockade as a spawn entry command refer to link:
http://www.lavalit.com/forum/index.php?top...3.msg265#msg265

blockade {position}
at {position}
It works in a direction-both level, set the left most edge.

And scrollz command:

scrollz {min} {max}
at {position}
This command sets min and max z autoscroll position, only works in direction-both/left/right levels.

Indivigual Palettes per level.
I've made some dynamic palette in each level.

That is, you can set up to 40 palettes in each level using command palette.

palette {path_to_a_act_file}

Similar to panels, they are indexed, 1st is 1, 2nd is 2, ...etc

You can use setpalette command as a spawn entry, that is

setpalette {index}
at {position}

set index to 0 will change back to normal palette.

I planned to add this command in frames, but I'd leave it to see if it can be easily done by scripting. If so, i think you can made some background effects by changing default palette in mid-level.

Bug Fixes:

1. Enemies cant throw stars
2. Unsummonframe kill the summoner.
3. Enemies can run between walls even if there\'s no gap between them.
Adjust enemies/npcs\' speed while chasing, now they use normal speed.
New command maxwallheight {int} in levels.txt. Now players wont spawn onto a wall that is higher than that. It is default to 1000.
Hard checking for player spawn, so they won\'t spawn into holes even if the holes overlap.
4. Bug Fixes to Attack functions.
5. Air special is back!

By Tails:

1. GP2X now uses mmuhack.
2. nograb 2 on player to prevent him to grab any enemies or player.
3. I will try to repair blockratio code(is the one that is doing the problem on block).
4. Add all Darkbor features.
5. Repaired weapons code, now it dont cut animation anymore.

If I'm missing anything my fellow dev's let me know so i can update this post.

You can grab OpenBoR-v2.0691.rar in the Engine Section from the Download Center!

whoa! :D , you can make a post in news section or i will made it for you :p

Back