[bor] Black Screen

Sheraf

Still Fresh
I don't really get why, but when I try to lauch some of the games I dled for openbor, I just get a black screen, and nothing more.

So far I downloaded :

Crisis evil, both : the first one works. The second, black.

BOR : works fine

The others won't :

kill bill, xmen, avp, dbz, strider

I did the same for everygame. Unpack the openbor zip file into a directory named after the game, put the pak file with it.
I made a directory for each game, I wasn't sure I could just put every pak file in the same.

Anyway, what am I doing wrong ?

please help me.

Have you made a “paklist.text” file?
My file is set up like this. It is nothing more than a text file. I have listed each bor pak as follows. I have placed it into the same directory as the BOR paks are located. All I would get was a black screen and nothing would run until I did this. Whenever I want to add another BOR pak, all I would have to do is list it in this directory with the name of the pack then = whatever name I want to show up in the menu to start the game.

speed=1750

hff2arca.pak=hyper final fight 2

bor.pak=beats of rage

xmen.pak=xmen vs the bad guys

killbill.pak=kill bill

I only have one "paklist.text" file. I list all games in this file. I placed all my BOR games into the same directory.

Fishbong posted on Sep 8 2006 at 03:28 AM said:
YOu don´t need a paklist.txt anymore. that was just for the gp32

Sorry, but mine would not work without one. All I would get is a black screen. When I put the paklist.txt in, it booted right up with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
subcon959 posted on Sep 8 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
I've never made the packlist.txt file and it works fine.. Weird.

Yea, I know. It is weird. Putting the paklist.txt file in was a last resort for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back