Open Pandora Emulator?

Couldn't people just then connect a icp2 ( when it's out ... ) to a net book and then have a ( cheap ) big computer ? Taking potential buyers away ?

Couldn't people just then connect a icp2 ( when it's out ... ) to a net book and then have a ( cheap ) big computer ? Taking potential buyers away ?
Short answer: No!

We'll have a Pandora successor beore that happens.

Kickstarter is not even a year back now.

So there will be at least 1-2 years untill we see any ICP2 shipped.

Or at least after the first half of all preorders being shipped there will be a big lag in production.

Then we have all time of the world to produce as many Pandora successors as we want.

Then ICP 3 will launch on Kickstarter and all wating ICP2 backer may upgrade.

Untill then we are all old men and and the next generation is coming.

Those will be impressed by the ICP3 and trust Craig.

I think I have to stopp now.

If I'll tell you everything that happens in the future live isn't exiting any more.

Hi everyone!

I had an idea. Would it be possible to make an Open Pandora emulator? I was thinking about it as a way to attract new customers. Someone looks online at the site and sees the Pandora. They think its cool, but they're skeptical of the price to value ratio. Wouldn't it be cool if they could download an emulator to their computer (likely written in Java for cross compatability) and see what all the Pandora can do? Then, once they see how awesome it is, they can say "I'd love to play this with the intended controls and keys" and they might actually buy one.

Is this a possability?

Also, could it be compiled for ARM as well as x86?

I dont understand the point: 

You can install Linux on the Pandora, so it is already Linux based.

How is an iCP2 with a netbook a new threat to anything? How is the netbook not already a cheap big (although not especially big) computer on its own?

If you want to connect a controller to a netbook or laptop there are plenty of good options and there have been for decades. I don't see why anyone would want to use an iCP2 keyboard to interface a device that already has a keyboard built into it.

iCP2 is about enabling phones by giving them a full set of controls they don't have, or by being a gamepad + remote keyboard for a computer that's inconvenient to use a conventional keyboard with like an HTPC. Not whatever it is you're saying.

How is an iCP2 with a netbook a new threat to anything? How is the netbook not already a cheap big (although not especially big) computer on its own?

If you want to connect a controller to a netbook or laptop there are plenty of good options and there have been for decades. I don't see why anyone would want to use an iCP2 keyboard to interface a device that already has a keyboard built into it.

iCP2 is about enabling phones by giving them a full set of controls they don't have, or by being a gamepad + remote keyboard for a computer that's inconvenient to use a conventional keyboard with like an HTPC. Not whatever it is you're saying.
To give potential buyers the feeling of a Pandora.

I know, that doesn't make much sense but that's how I understood the idea behind it.

Back