Open Handhelds Comparison Sheet

Yinlips should be capable of emulating C64. Frodo is available for Android and can play C64 games pretty good.

Wrong line, corrected ;)

The Pandora does not have 3G out of the box. It also has a Mini-USB port.

Pandora Rendering is old, could use a recent photo.

Done ;) We'll add a new render.

Can also add the 512MB of memory on the boxes soon to be coming out of Germany....

Done ;)

@BAFelton

Can you add prices to the sheet if there not there already.

They are ;) Line 31

YDP-G18 "has" DS emulation the same way Pandora does - a desmume port that's too slow to be useful.

Ok ! A name for the emulator ?

Some Pandora corrections:

We technically do have a DS Emulator... it just can't run anything playable.

You list that the Pandora has a Dreamcast emu... than say it's Yabause? I think you meant to put Saturn there.

As for Dreamcast, although there are videos of PoC's floating around, there's no public release yet. So it'd be a no.

I thought we were able to get cards larger than 32GB's to work on the Pandora? I remember someone saying 128GB on the Pandora was possible (Together)

Corrected ;)

Not very well done, sorry.

Constructive comment :D

Thanx for the comments.

First we wanted to show the hand helds that anyone can find 'easily'. We'll add gp32 and F100/F200 for sure.

About the Caanoo and Wiz, Arm9 and Arm Cortex 9 aren't the same ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAANOO

caanoo and wiz use the same cpu so wheres arm cortex 9 coming from?

I thought they were the same. Corrected ;)

There's a dreamcast emulator on Pandora isn't there ?
The videos are on the beagleboard for the dc emu no dc emu has been released yet

Sort of, I think its an unofficial TI experimental/development version that gets accidentally distributed with each version FF and doesn't work particularly well

Flash works quite well for vector videos and low power games: I've watched a lot of nostalgia from the early to mid 00s. Board games and things without a lot of action are pretty good, but Robot Unicorn Attack is a slideshow.

Flash works quite well for vector videos and low power games: I've watched a lot of nostalgia from the early to mid 00s. Board games and things without a lot of action are pretty good, but Robot Unicorn Attack is a slideshow.

Is that because flash in general is too clumsy and bloated for the Pandora, or because this ARM port is especially poor

I believe its ARM in general, it's terrible on the Wiz, it's terrible on the Caanoo, it's disgusting on my phone, so I'd say its just too 'clumsy and bloated' for anything other than a PC.

Is that because flash in general is too clumsy and bloated for the Pandora, or because this ARM port is especially poor
I'm no expert, but I'm inclined to guess it's the former. I gather that Adobe has since dropped Flash for ARM altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
just for reference:

http://en.wikipedia....processor_cores

just for reference, the nintendo DS use an ARM9 + an ARM7...

after that you have:

ARM10 (not sur what theses were used on...)

XScale

ARM11

and finally the cortex family.

so an ARM9 and a Cortex A9 are separated by some generation of cores... and a Cortex A8 is way ahead of an ARM9 too

comparing frequency between different generation is not a good idea... DMIPS are prolly not a great unit but as example you get just a little bit more than 1DMIPS for each MHz on an ARM9 but you get 2DMIPS for each MHz on our cortex A8

and generally when speaking of SoC cpu computing power is not that important for many application, the raspberry PI we see frequently on those board is way less powerfull in term of raw CPU power, but it seems to perform well for lot of multimedia activities

I miss the GP2X. If you give my write rights I add it myself. ^^

Liking the look of the upgraded Yinlips that's available to pre-order. I'd be all over it, if my Pandora didn't render it redundant.

Pandora also has a Atari Jaguar emulator now.. . http://boards.openpa...uar-ex-release/

The Pandora has two USB ports a mini-USB 1.1 and a regular sized USB 2.0 (High Speed only)

Plus I know the Pandora can use 32Gig and 64gig SD cards if not 128Gigs, so the Max memory can be more than 1-32gig listed.

Is game gadget on the list already?

http://www.gamegadget.net/

I´m not sure their spec is actually available, and heard somewhere that they are linux based and priced on the 99$ level.

And also that they may get released late march.

Anyone knows of it?

any chance of adding the jxd s7100

Yes.

I miss the GP2X. If you give my write rights I add it myself. ^^

Send me all the details by PM, I'll add ;)

Pandora also has a Atari Jaguar emulator now.. . http://boards.openpa...uar-ex-release/

The Pandora has two USB ports a mini-USB 1.1 and a regular sized USB 2.0 (High Speed only)

Plus I know the Pandora can use 32Gig and 64gig SD cards if not 128Gigs, so the Max memory can be more than 1-32gig listed.

Added mini usb. Are you sure for the 64gb ? Last posts limited to 32.

Is game gadget on the list already?

http://www.gamegadget.net/

I´m not sure their spec is actually available, and heard somewhere that they are linux based and priced on the 99$ level.

And also that they may get released late march.

Anyone knows of it?

I know about about it, but it's not available yet, so waiting to add it.

hum, speaking of processor, it would seems the YDP-G18 feature a Cortex-A9 single processor and not an old ARM9 like the wiz/Caanoo/NDS... I never noticed the wiz/Caanoo used almost the same core as the NDS running at an almost 10time higher frequency

What a mess in all these processors ^^ I fixed for the JXD too.

the worst is when people start using micropocessor architecture rather than product familly... you know, the ARMv5, ARMv6 & ARMv7...

Back