Oops! Boycott Germany!

One could argue that this is on-topic but I think for best interests we throw this into the Off-Topic pool as it COULD get political

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple solution: Stop using twatter and dumblr, it will save time and nerves.

This aside: People should hold the ones responsible for the mess in politics that actually are but instead they are voting the same evil a-holes (like CDU / Devila Merkel here in Germany but similar ones in other EU-countries as well) time and again.

But it's so much easier making nationalistically motivated attacks against unrelated parties like small companies...
 That's why I would never vote for CDU. When people vote CDU, they get an USA devoted Merkel party, complete NSA spy package included.   I say, nobody have the right to complain about politics if he/she voted for exactly that. However, in a democracy we should be happy if people vote at all, it's basicly the only thing that we can do to have some influence.People in greece actualy did, they voted for a complete change so the left wing Syriza party is now on top.  Problem now is, even Syriza can't clean up all the mess that was left in greece over the last decades. I'm willing to give them time for this but another problem is, they don't look like they want or can change anything at the moment. let's hope the newest contracts will be fullfilled when they get more EU money.

cheese papers? Is that a literal translation? It seems like an odd turn of phrase. I assume you mean tabloids...
Yupp, plain literal translation of the german therm "Käseblatt" for boulevard/yellow press. I think it fits very well because there are alot of cheesy/slimy/greasy papers that heat up the current greek situation even more.
One could argue that this is on-topic but I think for best interests we throw this into the Off-Topic pool as it COULD get political
Yeah, no Internet Forum without brutal political fighting threads! :D

Reactions: rSl
Twitter is like any other platform- it has it's ups and it's downs and is consistently plagued by circle-jerks of armchair activists with one absurdly gravitated opinion or another. Like anywhere else you've simply got to ignore the idiots.

If people are stupid enough to jump on a Boycott Germany bandwagon - then feel thankful that at least some of the idiots have weeded themselves out of the customer base before they become a bigger thorn in our side :D

As for any effect the collapse of Greece into a post-apocalyptic wasteland might have on Pyra- I guess we can only really speculate.

As for any effect the collapse of Greece into a post-apocalyptic wasteland might have on Pyra- I guess we can only really speculate.
If the shit hits the fan, it's time to spread some self replicating 3D printers (like RepRap) and print the cases individually.

OpenSource all the way of course.

I wish I had time for this stuff, at the moment it doesn't look like I'd have time for a Pyra until at least 2018, so take your time.

I've heard the term 'red tops' to define the lower class of tabloid journalism, since previously broadsheet papers like the Independent or the Times have started publishing their papers in tabloid paper size, and because the headings of the Sun, the Star and the Mirror all have a red background.  I don't suppose that term works in other english-speaking countries though.

If the shit hits the fan, it's time to spread some self replicating 3D printers (like RepRap) and print the cases individually.

Was I the only one to get a sudden mental image of ED with Mickey Mouse ears, and a wizard's robe and hat drowning in a sea of 3d printers? ;)

-Neelix

I wish I had time for this stuff, at the moment it doesn't look like I'd have time for a Pyra until at least 2018, so take your time.
I wish consumer level 3D printing was good enough to print viable cases...  FDM printing has it's limitations too no matter how good the printer is.

Il make sure to buy Weissbier this weekend, down with the boycot.

Its like the good old days, the Germanic tribes vs the south, we will win again :)

It's something that happened due to the greece crisis within the EU.

There are so many people (not only from Greece, but from other European countries as well) who think it's the fault of the Germans, and Germany should be the one leaving the Euro-Zone.

So the hashtag #BoycottGermany became very popular during the last two days, and I thought this is both totally stupid (as it's not the fault of any Germany company or individual what's going on, nor is it the fault of the greek folk, it's the fault of the politics) and somehow funny... if the Pyra case is being produced in Greece but the Pyra itself is being produced in Germany, if these guys boycott german products to support greece... will they only buy Pyra cases from me? :) )

No worries, the case is not affected, I'm happy to work with the Greek company, as it works pretty well :)

It's something that happened due to the greece crisis within the EU.

There are so many people (not only from Greece, but from other European countries as well) who think it's the fault of the Germans, and Germany should be the one leaving the Euro-Zone.

So the hashtag #BoycottGermany became very popular during the last two days, and I thought this is both totally stupid (as it's not the fault of any Germany company or individual what's going on, nor is it the fault of the greek folk, it's the fault of the politics) and somehow funny... if the Pyra case is being produced in Greece but the Pyra itself is being produced in Germany, if these guys boycott german products to support greece... will they only buy Pyra cases from me? :) )

No worries, the case is not affected, I'm happy to work with the Greek company, as it works pretty well :)
Its not the only money that Greece is accepting :p another 80+ billion, and it comes mostly from the strong Germanic economy`s such as Germany and the Netherlands.

Thankfully its money that was already inside of an EU fund meant for situations like this...

@matzesu : Don't worry, your english is perfectly understandable. It just happens to have a joyful german accent ^_^

@Klumpen : The UE doesn't want money from Greece. What they really want is... A SHRUBBERY !

On topic : While I'm not competent for such economical and political matter, I've come to think that Germany's attitude is at the very least aggressive.

A whole state shouldn't have to vote such decisive actions in such hurry in any way. Even if everyone's losing time and money in the process, 48 hours is clearly not enough to decide the destiny of a country.

Anyway, I don't think it would hurt the Pyra at all. People willing to buy it in the first place probably wouldn't be influenced by such despicable tweets.

I agree that indie companies should not be hurt by political decisions.

Crisis? What crisis? 

Being bankrupt is the normal state of a country these days. 

Its just the great summer hole where newspapers have nothing else to write about, so they hung up a Map and darted a random country to bash on. 

Last time it was the Ukraine now its Greece, so what? Speaking of the Ukraine, they have debts too but the IMF is just about to just delete them because of the rough times and such, like poff the debts are gone. 

As if anyone actually really cares about how much debt a country has. No its even the opposite, people in financial positions make their money with loans and interest rates, think about it for a moment. 

one can not expect the common greek to understand basic principles of politics - aside from the usual "we invented democracy" stereoptype.
:ph34r:  But the US perfected democracy. :p

If the rest of Europe wants Germany out of the EU maybe the US should consider allowing them to become a state.  Surely that would make everyone happy (except maybe some Germans).

Disclaimer: This post should not be taken seriously.  The author has no clue about any of what is really going on, or any opinion on the matter.

Crisis? What crisis? 

Being bankrupt is the normal state of a country these days. 

Its just the great summer hole where newspapers have nothing else to write about, so they hung up a Map and darted a random country to bash on. 

Last time it was the Ukraine now its Greece, so what? Speaking of the Ukraine, they have debts too but the IMF is just about to just delete them because of the rough times and such, like poff the debts are gone. 

As if anyone actually really cares about how much debt a country has. No its even the opposite, people in financial positions make their money with loans and interest rates, think about it for a moment. 
I wish Germany's intense debts were gone over night, then pumping money into other countries wouldn't be as stupid as it is now.

The "strong" German economy is proud to announce when it manages to nearly pay the interests of the growing debts back a single year (which it didn't manage yet I think).

Every year you hear in the radio euphemistic lines like "the debt-growth has reached the lowest point since..." and political partys say stuff like "we will manage to finally stop the growing debt interest" before elections.

Poverty here is ever growing and reached quite a point - and vast amounts of money are pumped into black holes on every occasion (I remember towards China too not so long ago...).

130222_hdt2.gif

This is all crazy and only the product of extreme greed cultivated by a low percentage of humans.

Well I guess germany is a bit singled out but as far as I know the Netherlands had the exact same view on the greece issue as germany, but we are small so we don't have any political weigth. 

Btw Im not sure if imposing north-european values on south-european countries is the way to go... 

Well I guess germany is a bit singled out but as far as I know the Netherlands had the exact same view on the greece issue as germany, but we are small so we don't have any political weigth. 

Btw Im not sure if imposing north-european values on south-european countries is the way to go... 
Adoption of north european currency by south european countries was a historic mistake.

The best explanation of the economics of this is by Hans-Werner Sinn (english)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tm6REM-AFTg?feature=oembed

If you want him in german, there are many youtubes of him, just search the name.

Back