News Aggregator

Giepi

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

even since it looks like I'm a new user (and tbh this is what I am) I'm a long time lurker. By long time I'm not saying I'm following the pandora since day0, but sort of.

In this years I've dedicated myself a fair amount of time reading blogs, twitter, rss feeds and so on not only Pandora Specific but also I got interested in the iControlPad, the Zodttd (and not only Zodttd) emus for the jailbroken and android scene, the dingoo scene and all the like. And so an Idea struck me... Why not twit a couple of news about this "open handheld gaming" stuff a day? I could just aggregate in my powerful resources (namely google) all the blogs, news feeds, befriend all the related twitter accounts of devs and discriminate what could be the couple of best news of the day and then tweet them. Maybe it could be useful, maybe it could be interesting, maybe it could be fun.

Maybe just not or maybe there is already something filling this niche that I just didn't notice.

What do you think about this? Do you think it's a viable Idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think about this? Do you think it's a viable Idea?

Potentially yes, although adding another source of news could complicate things even more. For the diehards, there is already the Stalker, though this is aimed more at what the team members are saying as opposed to software/etc. updates.

Yep, but the Stalker is only about pandora itself, I'm aiming at this Open Handheld Scene entirely and I want to let pass only (what I think it's) important news...

Edit: although of course the Stalker would be one of my primary sources :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of any real reason *not* to do that, unless there is a similar service out there already (which wouldn't suprise me).

don't think there's anything that brings all open handhelds together, except maybe the general community, or personal blogs of devs that have lots

What the hell, I'm trying. It could be a nice way to "give back to the community" offering maybe a service if someone isn't willing a hour a day just to get up to date.

I've created http://twitter.com/DailyHandheld which I know that right now it's quite rough. I'm starting systematically hoarding sources of information and any advice is welcomed :)

only real way i can help is twatting anythign i do handheld wise :p

you'll want to follow the pandora team members, pandora apps, dingoo scene, any news feeds for gp2x etc etc

this is exactly why craig needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to jokes/sarcasm like that the pandora mascot will be hitler fighting something...

this is exactly why craig needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to jokes/sarcasm like that the pandora mascot will be hitler fighting something...

Er sorry, I don't think I'm following you

Agree - I've been waiting for someone to give them a nudge in this direction, but it never happened. While I can see why they are seperate, it makes finding information or news much harder. Here is not the place for this debate, however.

Ok, so far I've aggregated 16 news sources and 12 twitter accounts, I've made the first news and tomorrow I'll see if I can get some better looking graphics. The problem now is making people know this mmmh...

Back