Online Multiplayer Games ?

paddy

Website
Visit site
With all the hell thats going on at the moment i got to thinking about quake3 ,don't know why
but anyway .. I wonder what requirments are needed after the Pandora is with us when we want
to play a game online with fellow Pandora users ,Quake 3 as an example would require a legit
cd key to play online ? and is it possible to have a closed server address just for Pandora
users like me and you.

Firstly what do you guys think about the server side of things ,would it be possible
for us all to chip in even for a community served and payed for server to host all Pandora
multiplayer games and mainly i would like to know what online multiplayer games will be
possible on the Pandora along with requirments like cdkeys.

Begining the list with ...

Quake 3 arena - requirments cdkey for online play.

a list like this for just online games only would be great
and i am sorry in advance if this has already been done on another
post ,i do know about the list for possible ports.

cheers

Paddy

I think it would be great if the Quake, Hexen, etc. game data could be purchased through the appstore.

Mali ,that's what i was thinking ... i wondered about OP doing a deal with the developers
of quake so you could buy quake3 with a key for online play on the appstore ,a bit silly
tho but yes doom,hexen,heretic,there is a psp game ,halflife using an old engine that actuly
looks pretty good ,don't know the name of that engine to hand but it was pretty nice
and theres plenty peeps that don't know how to do major code could still map edit with it
prolly on the pandora its self ,mabe these as well as quake,doom mods and so on could
go on the appstore.

i hope plenty of folks chip in with games that could be played on Pandora
online and we can then make a master list and get to it.

borgqueenx , i am the same as you tho i do like quake but everyone that
plays online is godlike and it's very frustrating ,i bought ps3 call of duty
and had to sell it as it was the first cod game i had played since cod 1 pc
and it vas a nightmare ,sniped melee'd 10000 times grrrr ,you need to play these
games 24/7 these days to have a chance but i do like the idea on pandora against
pandora players only ,should be fair level fun for all.

paddy said:
but i do like the idea on pandora against
pandora players only ,should be fair level fun for all.
Indeed, it would be great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paddy, I wish you'd made this thread earlier! BigOffers was selling Quake III for 99p, a little while ago.

Anyhow, as for a game that can be played online, I have one to add. However, it, too, requires outside data files, as far as I know. This one is OpenJazz, which is an engine-remake for the old MS-DOS platform game Jazz Jackrabbit (as far as I'm aware, you need the data files from this game for it to work - I don't know if folks could use the shareware demo's files or not, if they're only intending to use the multiplayer game, though). OpenJazz fairly recently had a multiplayer mode, which sounds like the excellent one from Jazz Jackrabbit 2, added to it. I understand that it should work over the internet. :p

Just throwing it out here, but didn't they make Quake III's CD-Key useless some years ago, so you could just download it and play online ?

Wormux , looks really fun and i would imagine it's online ,much like worms
and open source.

Don't know about the Quake 3 key ,would be nice if the key is not
needed,i will install q3 and check later for key requirments.

Worms is too good! I'd be loving it if there was a version pandora users could log on to battle, and any UT type game would be good but worms is timeless to me.

That's my input, can't help with the if possible, I hope so

Yeah the CD key check doesn't happen any more. Not a big deal to ID because they already have the game free to play online (Quake Live).

The real attraction with Quake III though, is the mods more then the game itself :) Would be nice if we saw some of the popular ones working on the Pandora, and a personal favourite of mine being Hunt :D Shame planetquake hosting died, so many old mods are now lost :(

This is all that's left of it on the internet it seems.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050820031030/http://www.planetquake.com/modifia/hunt/index.htm

It added so much to Quake 3, including a really fun game mode where you have to reach the end of a long map, trying to survive while all sorts of monsters come streaming at you. And you start with all the weapons. It's a blast to play co-op too :)

Also has a monster launcher weapon, where you shoot these metal balls and out come monsters that attack your enemies :p so crazy in multiplayer.

Quake Live maybe? I'm not sure, but possibly since it's browser based, works with Linux version of Firefox.
Tremulous.

Yer i gave q3 a go ,didn't even need to enter my key ,just click twice and run
multiplayer so thats cool.

Wolenber said:
Is that seriously a Mega Man mod for Quake III?
Because I think I'm in love.
You and me both, brudda! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, though I don't believe it was finished, from what I can see. Regardless, I'd love to see if it'd work - I've got its files on my main SD Card already.
grin.gif

Attachments

• grin.gif
    grin.gif
    352 bytes · Views: 123
Back