One video per day - Discussions

I would like to see a Pandora introduction video ,

for sharing with those whom don't have a clue what

the Pandora is or can do.Something to the effect of

showing what it looks like,basic apps and controls,

some info on the Pandora unique features .

Just something to share with my friends and family

so they understand what I have been waiting for..for 2 years

..Thanks Bud

Yeah that older video of ED's was awesome and just what people need to see. Really shows off the Pandora's versatility.

i never cared for wipeout, show me extreme g and f zero

I will do video of F-zero X for N64 as that runs really well but with a bust left nub I crash even more than Wipeout (if thats possible :lol: )Older versions of F Zero franchise of course run very well under the updated Snes9x with Pickle Launcher and no doubt the GBA version works on GpSP but I've not tried.

Extreme G and the Sequel both have rendering issues though but under 'r1b2' did run well. The 1st game was very fast but lost the textures, or clipped the walls away on collisions and the sequel was slightly slower but still playable. On my current version of Mupen (I have yet to add the very latest release) they are both abit of a total mess now.

I would actually like 2 see some 2-4 player action on the n64 ,sega, snes or psx emu? if thts possible.

nice, kof 98 looks pretty good, and i guess it's not on a specialized neo-geo emu, so it's very cool.

Thank you Ed for this !

Kisses

Mac

I would love to see a video showing how well Albion performs on the Pandora. According to this thread it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really appreciate the instructional/tutorial videos. They are very good about showing the non-tech savvy people how some of the basics are done.

Since the Pandora is a great emulation machine, it would be great to see some tutorials about how to set up and configure various emulators and games that run on them. Along these lines it would be nice to see how to re-map buttons and how to utilize some of the overclocking that may be necessary for some games.

It would also be really handy to see the TV output in action and possibly some multi-player (Player 2) games in action. Ideally this would be a situation where you take your Pandora to a friend's house and play some games with/against them from it.

I watched ED's PND tutorial, and I was wondering where you place the emulator roms? If you open the emulator via the menu, where does each emulator look for the games?

I watched ED's PND tutorial, and I was wondering where you place the emulator roms? If you open the emulator via the menu, where does each emulator look for the games?

It depends on the emulator. Most allow you to put your roms anywhere, so you can put them into a roms/snes subfolder in the main dir of your SD Card.

Only some don't support that, then you place the roms into the appdata-directory of the emulator (hopefully, this will change over time :) )

Guess the first thing you do is pop the PND on the SD card and insert it in the Pandora.

Then read the Documents (like what ED showed us) for the particular emulation program.

Then populate the card with the ROMS in the given location. By this time the appdata folder will exist should we need to add them there.

It depends on the emulator. Most allow you to put your roms anywhere, so you can put them into a roms/snes subfolder in the main dir of your SD Card.

Only some don't support that, then you place the roms into the appdata-directory of the emulator (hopefully, this will change over time :) )

Couldn't we just place a symlink in the appdata folder which points to our main rom folder in that case?

But you can always leave your ROMs on your preferred ROM folder, and the mount --bind (or -o bind) that folder on the appdata directory.

I used a similar trick on my GP2X with some emulators. :)

EDIT: Uooops, didn't read Emnasut question before replying.

You can't create symlinks if your SDcard is formated using FAT16/FAT32, but the mount --bind would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly I do apologise to ED for adding videos to these threads. Tell me to desist and I shall.

Hell yeah, that's nice. Anyone know how Killer Instinct Gold performs ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8WlXoF85ZI

Sadly not what your after at present but it may improve in time if the talented dev's can figure it out.

Here's SD Snatcher on the 'Pandora MSX' port by Zx-81 which hasn't had any video love yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky6itDJndo

There's some minor sound issues but nothing much.

ED, been loving videos you've been making.

Makes waiting for my Pandora easier.

And harder, but definitely better. :)

Also loved the video about setting up the SD card. Definitely easier and simpler than I expected.

Thanks!

Yay, PSX :) . I like these daily videos, makes the waiting easier having something new to look at at regular intervals :p

Back