One video per day - Discussions

Thanks for the Descent video, ED! One quick question: It was pretty obvious at one point in Descent II that there was some texture smoothing going on, meaning it was using OpenGL. I couldn't tell if this was the case for Descent I or not - it actually looked like it was using software rendering at one point. Are they both OpenGL? Or only II? Thanks again

Both should use OpenGL ES :)

Awesome SNES video. I really enjoyed the continual commentary.

One question - what is it that's flashing across the screen at the beginning of the video, while you're talking in the chair?

Same thing from yesterday's Descent video.

Its always good to see a demonstration (daily!) for a device like this.

Thanks ED and keep this thing going ;)

yeah awesome snes video, super mario kart is one of the funniest game ever for me. Too bad there were no super street frighter 2 love, even if you can't really play it ;)

wow, snes is really good.

And that Star Ocean rpg game seems very good, i never played it.

any chance for some neo-geo games ? kof, samurai shodown, last blade, etc... Even played with not much skillz ;) , it would be awesome !!

Really good work Ed, keep filming, it really soothes my wait whatever you film... :)

Kisses

Mac

Yes, NeoGeo, MAME, etc. will all follow.

Don't forget: There are still over 20 days I need to do videos for. So plenty of things to come :)

That explains alot

after watching i was just wondering

how come there's only 3 european cities (1 / timezone i guess)?

Ubuntu nicely lists every capital?

These are the cities that are included in Angströms tzdata-package.

No idea why Ubuntu has more ;)

Ubuntu nicely lists every capital?
Unnecessary redundancy. They list the extra locations in the interest of being more user friendly, and I think they might also keep the city you specify in a different location in case it needs it for other reasons. The extra locations all still link to the same timezone.

What about people that live in North America? Really, there are only 3 cities from 1 continent :angry:
Check the video again. First, you select the continent. Then, the city.

Only 3 cities appears as there are probably no more than 3 different time zones in Europe (not sure as of now).

If you select America, other cities will appear.

There are seven cities to choose from across North America to account for the 7 distinct timezones we have. Just pick the city that is in the same timezone as you are (Anchorage, Caracas, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and Sao Paulo)

Yes, NeoGeo, MAME, etc. will all follow.

Don't forget: There are still over 20 days I need to do videos for. So plenty of things to come :)

Maybe I missed something, but why only 20 days? How did that time/day to stop making videos come about?

Maybe I missed something, but why only 20 days? How did that time/day to stop making videos come about?

Well, I plan doing them until delivery starts again (will be pretty busy then!)

5 videos per week = 4 weeks for 20 videos.

First 1000 boards should arrive early December at Craigs place when everything works as it should (hopefully!), so that's a bit more than 20 videos (as I get my units from Craig when he built them).

Back