Official Pandora Video Thread

Great videos ED, just wondering what sort of Pandora these were recorded on and whether they are recorded via tv out?

I'd say these are from the 1Ghz version, judging from Street Fighter 3rd Strike!

My own taste is rather Street Fighter Alpha2 : much more fun to play than 3rd strike.

Is this the correct GBA Aspect Ratio? Games look deformed, I also have Sonic Advance 2 so I recognized this instantly. ;)

Could confuse people maybe. GPSP can display a clean and unstreched image, maybe it was just because of the recording through the TV-Out?

However, GBA Emulation on the Pandora is almost perfect, even underclocked, maybe next time the FPS display should be on to show the audience that it is really 60FPS? ^^

Well, it's unstretched but was recorded via TV Out. Maybe the GBA had a different pixel aspect ratio?

Im 100% sure it's stretched in the Video, Sonics Energy Shield is a perfect Sphere in the original, not an Egg like in the Video. ;) Same for the Loopings. Other games also look very dense pressed together, I have a view for this because I can't stand wrong aspect ratios. :D

If you can see in my pic, both images have the same height but the Video image of the actual screen is to small in width. It may be reason of the Video converting and can be right in the original recording. But it looks just wrong in my eyes. ^^

s2vergleich.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it looks too small, the fix is easy: just scale it to use the entire Pandora screen and it should be fine.

But it looks more like a problem with the video than with the actual emulator: if I measure the emulated GBA screen in ED's video, it is 4:3 instead of 3:2, so the video indeed stretches the Pandora screen to be less wide and more square.

So ED: you have to fix the aspect ratio of your videos, because it does not correspond to reality!

Good catch, Fusion_Power!

Hmm some strange jumping of Chrono Cross UI elements, deinterlacing artifact I guess?

Edit: It's great there is finally a video of PCSX ReARMed running on proper settings, as almost all videos are from old versions running at 1/3 of current speed. Or even of zodttd's emu like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fkbFdJG5xuY?feature=oembed
(lol @Craig's explanation of sound issues)

Believe it or not I had to debug most of the games from ED's video in one way or another, could even compose the playlist from memory (and ED never told me what games he is going to show):

0:18 Castlevania SOTN

0:40 MediEvil

1:00 MGS

1:24 Tekken 3

1:51 Policenauts

2:15 Pro Pinball - Fantastic Journey

2:44 FF9

3:20 Xenogears

4:03 Pepsiman

4:45 Chrono Cross

5:22 Crash Bandicoot

5:43 Gran Turismo 2

6:09 Muppet Monster Adventure

6:31 Muppet Race Mania

7:05 MFS3

7:28 Spyro the dragon

8:10 Tomba!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Chrono Cross seems to have issues recording... no idea why, need to check it.

Normally, these interlacing issues are gone when you render the final MP4, but it stayed in Chrono Cross this time. Weird.

Back