Official Blog- Keep It Going

Bigun said:
I want to comment about the people wanting to cancel when we are so close....

ahhh I always laugh when I see that phrase. And have been since, what, June?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Bigun said:
I want to comment about the people wanting to cancel when we are so close....

ahhh I always laugh when I see that phrase. And have been since, what, June?

Back in September of 2007, there was speculation about whether to get F200's when they came out or wait for the Pandora spec to be released, to see if it was worth waiting for instead... neither had been released at that stage (and of course, Pandora still hasn't). So, it's been "just around the corner" for no more than what, two and a half years, at most?

Monk said:
PokeParadox said:
BackAssward said:
intense_mc said:
Any big company wouldn't flame anyone for expressing dissatisfaction of service, especially when it comes to "I'm leaving you" - that's why there are retention and loyalty departments. There shouldn't be this big 'oh piss off then' attitude if someone gives a legitimate reason to cancel. What kind of customer services is that??

I guess you never actually tried to cancel something from a big company. The retention department is exactly that... basically the mafia. They won't let you cancel, no matter what legitimate reason you have, without a half hour of interrogation. They beg, they plead, they offer incentives to stay ("I am canceling cable because I don't have a TV any more" : "but you might have one in 6 months, just stay with us").
I hear you there... it took a lot of "I don't need the phone any more." before the sales guy would accept I needed to end my mobile contract (since I got a second one for a better phone/deal.)

That doesn't actually counter intense_mc's point that the big companies don't say "well pith off then", though does it? You've rather backed up his point saying just how far they will go to wheedle or cajole you into staying with them. I don't know how much farther you could get from "well, pith off back where you came from then" than "please stay, don't leave me, I'm all alone in the customer services department!".
Just to note... I wasn't trying to back up anyone's opinion I just was provoked to reply since I had similar experiences that a company try their hardest not to let you do what you want to do.

Exophase said:
Can I have Paradox's Pandora? :>

right... give him a pandora and let him do his programming-magic!

MisterBrisby said:
"We will build them ourselves" ?
Please don't get me wrong and don't feel insulted, but is the OpenPandora-Team actually capable of doing that?
Do you guys have the technical knowledge and abilities of assembling thousands of Pandoras with the same quality as a factory?
They will get it don but not without some hiccups.
We will see if a hiccup will means delay.

Gricey said:
I can do the teabagging.
Just warn the people that are watching assembly on the webcam, so they can look away :p

craigix said:
Come to my house, help out, take away your Pandora at the end of the day.
I'm interested to, I can do the travel from Paris for a week end and help. I have done a part of my study in electronics and embedded computing, so if I can help (and get my pandora^^)

I' m waiting your PM with the week-ends that are "Pandora preparation" and I take my ticket. It's a long time I'm not gone in the UK ^^.

Dunno where to post this, so I just drop it here. ED said on the German forums that the moulds only last for 10000 pieces. We discussed this before and apparently just _speculated_ they'd last longer.
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=116312#p116312

mali said:
Dunno where to post this, so I just drop it here. ED said on the German forums that the moulds only last for 10000 pieces. We discussed this before and apparently just _speculated_ they'd last longer.
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=116312#p116312

Oh, wait - I based this on the info I read here from Craig (AFAIR) a few months ago.
Might be I'm wrong if they got a new information I've not read up yet :)

Last edited:
I think I remember something about cheaper moulds only being good for 10,000, but not these ones. I could be wrong, I'll go digging.

[edit] Here's the quote. :) I've trimmed it down for clarity.

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
I know, there are "small-series" Companies that make Prototypes and small batches, 5-10k maybe. I'm sure, your order would be higher priority there and you could save money because the batch could be only 4000 first, instead of 10k minimum of the choosen Factory. ;)

The problem is their moulds only last about 10k pieces before they are damaged. I think they make them from aluminium rather than steel.

Back