Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

...the "exposed via extensions" part :)
What that means is that whoever makes GPU drivers are allowed to add new functions to OpenGL (ES or whatever) that aren't a part of the core standard, but are still officially documented. They're called extensions and the code can check for and register them. Some extensions are common and used by lots of different companies, others are specific to one vendor or even one GPU. http://www.opengl.org/documentation/extensions/

Been trying the new update out today. 4.3 was supposed to make audio latency better but I cant see much of a difference.

60fps streaming is sweet, its like having my gaming desktop in my hands.

Button mapper software is cool too, better than game keyboard or tincore IMO.

Haven't tried 1080p HDMI or game console mode but they look interesting.

it's from nvidia, came out yesterday. Shield is only officially usa and canada, but if you can talk to nvidia servers I'm sure you'll download it.

I haven't been prompted to download 4.3 yet...and when I go to check for any new updates my Shield tells me that I akready have the latest (4.2.1) :(

Thanks anyway , mate. I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for now.

EDIT Ok, I've got it now..It's sooooooooooooooooo awesome :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, how well does the "gamepad mapper" work?

Being able to map physical controls to games that don't normally support them is HUGE IMO, and was a big selling point of the ICP2 for me. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, but it's good to see the technology elsewhere and being put to good use.

Damn you Nvidia, must not buy Shield.........must wait........to close to revision........MUST RESIST ^_^

Chris

Yep, the Shild is a realy interesting Handheld,

But i think i wait until the Pandora2, as i allready have a 3DSXL and PSVITA and play often whit the 3DS XL. .

So i ditnt need a nother Handheld yet..

Also in Germany, the Schield isnt availabele yet..

But hardwarewise, the Nvidia looks like the ultimative Gaminghandheld

Whit is ergonomic design and the 4 Shoulderbutton s..

I think, Openpandora should use the shield to get some Inspiration for the Pandora 2. .

I really wish this thing was a bit more pocket friendly, it would be a no brainer for me then too.

I really want one still, but not likely to get one for some time until they a fair bit cheaper, I just wouldn't carry it around with me outdoors due to the size

The keymapper is more user friendly then TINCORE, BUT tincore is more complete.

With the Nvidia's mapper you cant assign the right analog to touch screen gesture used in ALL FPS games.

But it should come in the next update.

Back