Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

It was 95 pounds in asda last week and all games were 15 pounds or lower the vita is dead weight now unless sony have a major rethink ie release a dual boot firmware with android i doubt the vita will be about next year shit hardware shit controls

Like I said in my offer of units to members here, depending on where you are, and how much the retail price would be, $400 could be a decent deal.

Chris

Like I said in my offer of units to members here, depending on where you are, and how much the retail price would be, $400 could be a decent deal.

Chris
Ha Ha take a run and "JUMP" "MAN" that was my point there is asweet spot as Snesfan said and 250 pounds for a handheld device is unthinkable in the market jst now

Just to change the direction here...Tainted Keep is a magnificently looking and playing game. I really recommend it if you like to hack n slash hordes of foes!!

Stunning graphics that really take advantage of the Tegra 4 processor...not a hitch either. :D

Last edited:
Think I got a good setup for a fluid Doom 3

-Lighting on

-Tegra optimizations on

-comp cache off

-swap off

-Custom resolution

-320x180

-MSAA 1x

looks decent, plays decent, video coming soon-ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you get the pak files from and what is the folder structure ie do the files or named folder go in the bases folder

it's your base folder from a normal doom 3 install. (from experience don't use the BFG edition, use the $9.99 version from steam) make sure it's patched to v1.31

You can make a custom path in the application setup, what I did was put my files on my micro sdcard in a folder called diii4a, on the shield (each type of device is slightly different) it looks like this

/storage/sdcard1/diii4a/

where the files actually reside

(microsd card) /diii4a/base/

hope that's intelligble

I've read this thing is actively cooled, is the fan noticeable when in operation?

There are some reports that it's too load, others report they don't even notice, how about you?

Just to change the direction here...Tainted Keep is a magnificently looking and playing game. I really recommend it if you like to hack n slash hordes of foes!!

Stunning graphics that really take advantage of the Tegra 4 processor...not a hitch either. :D
Coco do you buy a new game every day? It's amazing how many you try :D

I've read this thing is actively cooled, is the fan noticeable when in operation?
There are some reports that it's too load, others report they don't even notice, how about you?
The only time I have actually noticed it was when playing doom 3. Its not audible even in a quiet room, nowhere near as loud as my laptop. If you put your ear up to it you can feel it more than you can hear it, but it makes a small noise if running at full blast. Under normal use it doesn't kick on for me.

^ Have you tried PNDManager....

sorry force of habit.

Last edited:
You can download, just remove all the crap after the app name. The app name usually ends in com.androidgame.whatever

just chatted with Nvidia and they said their techs are working on this as we speak  and others have reported this same 404 problem.

they apologized...

whew..

Last edited:
You didn't happen to ask when the patch is coming that was supposed to hit near the end of the month did you?

OMG, check out blitz brigade, the controls are fantastic, closest thing to team fortress you can get without getting sued

You didn't happen to ask when the patch is coming that was supposed to hit near the end of the month did you?

Thought I read somewhere end of month but I just finished chatting with a Nvidia rep and he said they are not allowed to disclose when any future updates/patches will occur.

So....??

Last edited:
Back