Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

Could someone please try out Quake 3 on the Nvidia Shield? It looks awesome.
I will later and let you know unless someone beats me to it ;)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.QIII4A

Try this version out when you get the chance. The older Kwaak3 is no longer in development.
I have downloaded and played all that developers releases.  All of them play awesome.  Nothing like playing some Q3 online!  Only complaint I have about any of them is Quake 1 and 2 you have to used the touch screen controls to navigate the menu or at least I have not found a way to go to Load a save game from the mainmenu other than the onscreen controls.  The action button works so I can select new game without the controls but picking my save file requires the use of the on screen controls....right now.  Return to Castle Wolfenstein plays amazing as well.  railroadmaster you need to get a Nvidia Shield especially if you don't already have a Pandora.  I didn't really care for the keyboard and rather have better controls and the Shield delivers just that with better capabilities like running Dead Trigger on Ultra!  I am about to try the Dragon Ball mod to Quake 3 here in a little bit, if my memory serves me well it was awesome to play, but nostalgia has a nasty way of making you remember things differently. 

Speaking of Dead Trigger...does anyone know a definite date of when Dead Trigger 2 is coming out?? :huh:

Speaking of Dead Trigger...does anyone know a definite date of when Dead Trigger 2 is coming out?? :huh:
From the Dead Trigger 2 Press Release "DEAD TRIGGER 2 will be released in the second quarter of 2013 on Android and iOS. It will be available 

on Google Play, featured in TegraZone™ – NVIDIA’s free app that showcases the best games optimized for

the Tegra processor – and also available on the App Store."  Obviously they missed they release window. Hopefully third quarter.

EDIT:

From a press release in June

“We had hoped to release Dead Trigger 2 in June but when we put into perspective all the ideas that arose in the 

course of development, we decided that we did not want to deprive players of a better experience and so the 

decision was made to move back the release date,” states Madfinger Games CEO, Marek Rabas. “We wanted to

release the game only when we were at a level of 100% satisfaction.“"

I am glad they did this.  Dead Trigger is amazing and an awesome example of what Free to Play can offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please try out Quake 3 on the Nvidia Shield? It looks awesome.
I will later and let you know unless someone beats me to it ;)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.QIII4A
Try this version out when you get the chance. The older Kwaak3 is no longer in development.
I have downloaded and played all that developers releases.  All of them play awesome.  Nothing like playing some Q3 online!  Only complaint I have about any of them is Quake 1 and 2 you have to used the touch screen controls to navigate the menu or at least I have not found a way to go to Load a save game from the mainmenu other than the onscreen controls.  The action button works so I can select new game without the controls but picking my save file requires the use of the on screen controls....right now.  Return to Castle Wolfenstein plays amazing as well.  railroadmaster you need to get a Nvidia Shield especially if you don't already have a Pandora.  I didn't really care for the keyboard and rather have better controls and the Shield delivers just that with better capabilities like running Dead Trigger on Ultra!  I am about to try the Dragon Ball mod to Quake 3 here in a little bit, if my memory serves me well it was awesome to play, but nostalgia has a nasty way of making you remember things differently.
I will be getting an Nvidia Shield either when I get enough money or I will ask for it for my birthday next month.

with lighting and all that enabled & the tegra enhancements are also pretty nice, not completely fluid, some dips here and there, but more or less completely full speed, well enough to play enjoyably

EDIT: lighting off 100% fullspeed

with lighting and all that enabled & the tegra enhancements are also pretty nice, not completely fluid, some dips here and there, but more or less completely full speed, well enough to play enjoyably

Are you referring to Doom 3?  If so, what APK did you use?

Also were you going to post a video of it on your channel on Youtube?

yea doom 3, I'm playing around with the settings to see if I can nail down the best experience, but it's already pretty good by default

dIII4a on google play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.DIII4A

yea doom 3, I'm playing around with the settings to see if I can nail down the best experience, but it's already pretty good by default

dIII4a on google play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.DIII4A
I wish I could subscribe to developers on the Play store.  I totally missed this release but I have all his Quake releases.

return to castle wolfenstein and quake 3 runs flawlessly 100% framerate as been said, it seems it's just doom 3 that sees some performance dips. It's more playable than your tab monstercameron but not quite as good as quake 3 or something.

I'm still messing around with the settings but when I try to change the ingame quality it crashes the game out and I have to delete the config files and try agian. If I turn off tegra enhancements it takes forever for the game to load and I just exit out. So I'm still playing with options.

I also can't figure out how to use the analog triggers for shooting, I can only use the shoulder buttons. The analog sticks work great in all of them for movement, viewing and mouse navigation.

return to castle wolfenstein and quake 3 runs flawlessly 100% framerate as been said, it seems it's just doom 3 that sees some performance dips. It's more playable than your tab monstercameron but not quite as good as quake 3 or something.

I'm still messing around with the settings but when I try to change the ingame quality it crashes the game out and I have to delete the config files and try agian. If I turn off tegra enhancements it takes forever for the game to load and I just exit out. So I'm still playing with options.

I also can't figure out how to use the analog triggers for shooting, I can only use the shoulder buttons. The analog sticks work great in all of them for movement, viewing and mouse navigation.
Snesfan how much does it cost you in the usa incl taxes to buy the shield

Yeah but i reckon  uk buyers would get shafted to the extent of 50 pounds on top of the price and postage

Yeah but i reckon  uk buyers would get shafted to the extent of 50 pounds on top of the price and postage
probably, but the way price goes you're more or less looking at a 299 euro launch price when it comes to the UK anyway. It seems they keep the same number "price" for each country when it comes to stuff like this.

probably, but the way price goes you're more or less looking at a 299 euro launch price when it comes to the UK anyway. It seems they keep the same number "price" for each country when it comes to stuff like this.
Unfortunately £299 euros in the uk is unthinkable £175-200 is the going rate for said tech until nvidia drop the price or 1 of the big wigs like tesco do a deal like they did with the preorder for the new nexus 7 i think this will flop which is a damn shame

^^ that's what they said here, $250 = £187 was the sweet spot in price, but it's selling pretty good at $300 so far,

£299 = $400 is pretty steep

^^ that's what they said here, $250 = £187 was the sweet spot in price, but it's selling pretty good at $300 so far
theres a big difference between 300 dollars and 300 euros m8 nearly 105 dollars more

Yea, I can see. I was just remembering when I saw the vita as advertised for $249 and £249

Back