Pandora No Siesta Studios Projects On Openpandora

Prompt

Still Fresh
Hi there OpenPandora comunity!

I have great news today, No Siesta Studios will make a port of NSS Engine for OpenPandora. The strategy of our company is release multiplatform games for Windows, Mac and GNU/Linux and now for OpenPandora officially.

We are doing a public wiki at: http://www.nosiestastudios.com/wiki for to publish documentation of NSS Engine and the Game Editor.

The last updated demo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRKn_ENZU9w

Tile Editor example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB2rUpCyJw0

We have a game under development but, the rules, documentation and so on, it's not public yet. This game it's for to see if it is possible to sell professional videogames for OpenPandora and GNU/Linux platforms. The first product released will be a RPG medieval battle "only", with single and multiplayer modes. Like BattleNet and Starcraft / Shining Force, I believe (I'm not the game designer ;) )... and later depends of sales will be ported to OpenPandora all releases of No Siesta Studios videogames.

Download page it’s updated! New version of NSS Engine and 2 demos for Windows are released. When I will have NSS corporate OpenPandora (from first batch) I will make the port of our GNU/Linux viewer :)

I hope that to make professional videogames for OpenPandora will be so good for our company. I bet on it!

Download Page

Some information about game editor controls:
http://www.nosiestastudios.com/wiki/index....tle=Game_Editor

Last edited by a moderator:
Prompt said:
Hi there OpenPandora comunity!

I have great news today, No Siesta Studios will make a port of NSS Engine for OpenPandora. The strategy of our company is release multiplatform games for Windows, Mac and GNU/Linux and now for OpenPandora officially. ...
Great news indeed! Your product will have a wide user base very soon :)

Eversmile said:
Great news indeed! Your product will have a wide user base very soon :)
We hope so!

I want to have feedback from OpenPandora Community, please download the Game Editor and demos and tell me if you have question or problems :)

:pandora1: ;)

Looks very nice! most of the wiki is still in spanish (i think?) though :blink: Will the engine be open to other developers to make games for? and if so, what about licensing then?

Just wondering.

MarkoeZ said:
Looks very nice! most of the wiki is still in spanish (i think?) though :blink: Will the engine be open to other developers to make games for? and if so, what about licensing then?

Just wondering.
I second these questions?

I gave all of the downloads a try, you definitely have something very good here. I liked the game editor, that's a style of map editing that I think is very good for quick building of large areas, like you would need in an RPG.

Good luck!

MarkoeZ said:
Looks very nice! most of the wiki is still in spanish though :blink: Will the engine be open to other developers to make games for? and if so, what about licensing then?

Just wondering
Wiki language is fixed now.

I will put the open beta version for testing propose. When the first game are finished, this game will come with a Map Editor, with creature editor... and necessary things for the game.

If sales are good, we will have a free version of Game Editor for the community for PC, Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac/ OSX. maintained with the game money sales and commercial version of NSS Game Editor License. Not too much money, only for development support. We will release different level of licensing:
- Free version / Community version
- Low cost for mods maker, with development support.
- Full license with NSS Engine libs, source code and support. (Expensive version)

This is the company economic plan. We will need to pay the money lend to the bank. It's a big amount, and it's so difficult to for us explain to the bank that we will have a free version and a engine version for a console that today don't exist :) but today we have money for our project. We only need time and good sales of our games / professional support.

Prompt said:

I will put the open beta version for testing propose. When the first game are finished, this game will come with a Map Editor, with creature editor... and necessary things for the game.

If sales are good, we will have a free version of Game Editor for the community for PC, Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac/ OSX. maintained with the game money sales and commercial version of NSS Game Editor License. Not too much money, only for development support. We will release different level of licensing:
- Full license with NSS Engine libs, source code and support. (Expensive version)

This is the company economic plan. We will need to pay the money lend to the bank. It's a big amount, and it's so difficult to for us explain to the bank that we will have a free version and a engine version for a console that today don't exist :) but today we have money for our project. We only need time and good sales of our games / professional support.
No need to justify charging money for your game, we totally understand that if you've put money into it you should be pulling something back, we all need pay the bills eh?

If you build a good engine, you will get some really good sales, there are lots of people who want to develop games easily, without knowledge of programming or a programmer, so they look to "GameMakers" to do all the work for them. Not that I'm disrespecting that method of development, I believe that if you've got that creativity and no programmer, knock yourself out.

That sounds reasonable enough :) Good luck with the project!

Butterman said:
No need to justify charging money for your game, we totally understand that if you've put money into it you should be pulling something back, we all need pay the bills eh?

If you build a good engine, you will get some really good sales, there are lots of people who want to develop games easily, without knowledge of programming or a programmer, so they look to "GameMakers" to do all the work for them. Not that I'm disrespecting that method of development, I believe that if you've got that creativity and no programmer, knock yourself out.
I totally agree, and this is the plan. If anyone want to modify more delicated things, will be possible to, with our script editor (Mid programming level) and shader editor (high programming level)

But we will create some "script sets" for easily creations. For to make FPS, RPG, and so on, easily. Tutorials, open and extensive documentation in our wiki and so on.

You are right and I agree with you ;)

I'll just quote myself
mali said:
I'd pay for a good RPG any day(oldschool medieval/fantasy, please no japanese manga style/kiddie stuff).
:D

ive never used a gamemaker, i always found them totally pointless, because they were to generic

so i might be wrong in saying

get some scripting in, lua etc, and just let all the boring things be done my the game maker
basically a game engine with a scene creator, is good anyaday

mali said:
I'll just quote myself
mali said:
I'd pay for a good RPG any day(oldschool medieval/fantasy, please no japanese manga style/kiddie stuff).
:D

No Manga style :), is like project offset.

emcp said:
ive never used a gamemaker, i always found them totally pointless, because they were to generic so i might be wrong in saying get some scripting in, lua etc, and just let all the boring things be done my the game maker
basically a game engine with a scene creator, is good anyaday
The Game Editor is more advanced and complex / flexible than Game Maker. The people will have with the game a Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac version of Map Editor. Simple and powerfull map editor.

For to make mods of the engine will be needed to download the Community version of NSS Game Editor. You will can make mods like a FPS for example, not RPG or MMORPG game.

And for to make more advanced videogames, with new efects / shaders and so on, we'll sell full Game Editor with proffesional support.

You can download the future "Full Game Editor": Download Page

:pandora1: :unsure:

nice production pipeline tools you've got there, Prompt! thinking of opening the sources to some of those?

darkblu said:
Prompt! thinking of opening the sources to some of those?
Not yet, for some reasons, it's needed resources dedicated to the community for to be bi-directional participatión in source code an many work like this. This is not possible at the moment, and for this project it's better to be a professional background. However we'll do a Community Version of our Game Editor, for to make NSS Engine mods.

Open Pandora needs professionals developments that port professionals games for to expand Pandoras around the world and to show that this console is the best. A portable console maked by, and for community. And NSS Engine is this, a product maked by and for the community. Thinking in the community we'll do a Community Version for free use. And we hope to participate actively in these forums.

I believe that we'll port to pandora some of source code of our engine, maybe our LUA Script Engine for all people, I don't know, depends of many things.

:pandora1: :lol:

Awesome! I am very excited to see the pandora getting more pro developers! I hope more small game dev companys will join in also....I cant wait to see what will happen next...

Back