No reason to bash (2010-12-15)

But you just said you thought 90% of the board would do the same :blink:

...okay: I'm not saying, that you, or me, or anyone else here would have lied to OP. What I mean is just: How would you act if you don't want to lose your own money (in case OP goes bankrupt because of the nubs) nor the order (and further ones) of OP? I think what they did would be something considerable. Once again: I don't think it is right or that there wouldn't have been another way, but I think their behaviour is understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:
nobody is arguing that side of the story, everyone so far agrees that they made the right business decision to hold of on production until they get all the parts needed from OPT, the ones who are complaining are only having a problem with the fact that they told us the lies that they had 2000 boards done just needing to solder nubs, and that they could produce 500 boards a week or whatever the number was, we simply want the truth of what they can provide for us so we can plan ahead according to what we need. if they say they can do 500 boards a week, but in reality they can do no more than 200 a week, but OPT needs 750 a week, then we would need to find alternatives, and that doesnt necessarily mean dropping CC, but having two companies working double time to produce what we require

Isn't that topic closed already? I thought everything that had to be said had been said (and more, as far as I'm concerned).

Now we have outright slander and personal attacks against the character of the CEO.
If being compared to Iron Man is slander, then slander me up! :D

Isn't that topic closed already? I thought everything that had to be said had been said (and more, as far as I'm concerned).
Every time it seems to be closed, someone else comes along and misses the point, explains how it was a good business decision to wait, and glosses over that they did seemingly lie for several months about production status.

The complaint is not now, nor has it ever really been (it may have been at the start, but I think the idea was quickly accepted) that they had waited; the complaint is that they lied about it which may or may not have been a wise business decision regardless of how ethical it is.

Making a post about how it was the right business decision to wait for nubs suggests that the poster does not understand the current complaint, thinking that people are upset that they waited which is simply not true, so someone else has to re-explain again (extra redundancy is needed and required!) that we understand why they waited: we want to know why they lied about it.

But we can't discuss either the business or the ethics of lying to keep a client because it keeps getting interrupted by someone else who tells us to stop complaining that they waited. :(

i think the people that respond to the people that don't get it are as bad as the people that don't get it... they're dragging the argument out more than it needs be, it seems like everyone on the internet is no long entitled to just be wrong anymore, they need to be told they are wrong. Some people don't take being told that very well. Thats how we get comment-ageddon. People are going to talk about it somewhere and as long as people aren't just straight up cussing each other out I see no problem.

I see no need to close a topic because a mod doesn't agree with the direction people are taking it as long as it's not derailed from the OP to the point of just being dumb and not breaking any stated and clearly outlined rules. The last topic, and this are directly related to the OP and the latest and greatest news.

No-one's telling people not to discuss anything, but the thing is, further discussion of the business or the ethics of lying to keep a client (or indeed the rights and wrongs of waiting for nubs) here runs somewhere between pointless and counterproductive. You can argue these points as long and hard as you want, and you might well be right (although I doubt anyone's going to change their minds), but it'll still be the case that there were more delays (wherever you place whatever blame you want to for that) but production of boards is now up and running again, and Trey is building a relationship with Iron Manthe board company that should hopefully mean less chance of a repeat.

If we keep going over what's gone before and into the kind of territory that got the last thread closed, the forum gets into some sort of universe-destroying paradox whereby complaints about delays in production lead to more delays and more complaints, which lead to more delays...

it seems like everyone on the internet is no long entitled to just be wrong anymore, they need to be told they are wrong.
But if you don't tell me I'm wrong, I'll continue to think I'm right, and that's a very dangerous thing.

duty_calls.png

But if you don't tell me I'm wrong, I'll continue to think I'm right, and that's a very dangerous thing.
well sometimes that's what you gotta do... some people think they are still right even when proven wrong

EDIT:

@blademan "No-one's telling people not to discuss anything, but the thing is, further discussion of the business or the ethics of lying to keep a client (or indeed the rights and wrongs of waiting for nubs) here runs somewhere between pointless and counterproductive"

that's exactly what they're doing... they are saying close the topic, just read up a couple posts, and the last topic got closed because they were talking about this. They are telling people to not talk about it. I can understand you or anyone else not seeing the point in the discussion, then ignore the post/topic/thread.

I think it's kinda ironic now that I am arguing on the point of ignoring an opposing viewpoint if you don't agree with it. I guess I should be more precise, if you don't think it would have an impact on the other person to tell the them where you disagree you should probably just keep your comments to yourself and let them be wrong (in your own possibly wrong opinion).

well sometimes that's what you gotta do... some people think they are still right even when proven wrong
But that's just it, we've already agreed on part of the discussion what is right and wrong. I'm trying to push that discussion forward to something new but it keeps getting dragged backwards with the same statements that we already agreed were true.

It isn't a case of someone being proven wrong but still thinking they're right. If the poster were saying something wrong, it might create some new branch of discussion, but they aren't, it's a constant stream of "you're absolutely right, but we haven't been talking about that for a long time" which makes it hard to move on to something new.

But that's just it, we've already agreed on part of the discussion what is right and wrong. I'm trying to push that discussion forward to something new but it keeps getting dragged backwards with the same statements that we already agreed were true.

It isn't a case of someone being proven wrong but still thinking they're right. If the poster were saying something wrong, it might create some new branch of discussion, but they aren't, it's a constant stream of "you're absolutely right, but we haven't been talking about that for a long time" which makes it hard to move on to something new.
well that's just them being dumbasses, such posts should also probably just be ignored

The exact reason I don't respond to like 90% of the treads and posts around here.

well that's just them being dumbasses, such posts should also probably just be ignored

The exact reason I don't respond to like 90% of the treads and posts around here.
hmm, point taken. I'll have a think on the idea. Honestly it didn't occur to me to simply ignore them; I've got this urge to at least acknowledge if not understand someone's contrary (or in some cases similar but unwarranted :p ) opinions, behavior which, now that I think about it, has caused me a fair bit of grief. Perhaps it's time to consider choosing my battles more carefully, just let the "dumbasses" be dumbasses, as it were.

I'm glad it's over.

It really felt like we are survivors in a zombie movie, hiding in a confined place, and then some of us start to freak out.

"- Aaaaaah! I need to get out!! I need to get out!

- Stop, you're going to have all of us killed!

- Aaaaaah! get of the way!"

And everybody is eaten.

the end.

Seriously, ED, try not to post anything that might make paranoid people think that OP is bankrupt, the last thing we need is a panic and a bank run.

I'm glad it's over.

It really felt like we are survivors in a zombie movie, hiding in a confined place, and then some of us start to freak out.

"- Aaaaaah! I need to get out!! I need to get out!

- Stop, you're going to have all of us killed!

- Aaaaaah! get of the way!"

And everybody is eaten.

the end.

lol :D

.... but I don't want to get eaten. :(

i think the people that respond to the people that don't get it are as bad as the people that don't get it... they're dragging the argument out more than it needs be, it seems like everyone on the internet is no long entitled to just be wrong anymore, they need to be told they are wrong.

Personally, I think it's people responding to people that respond to the people that don't get it that don't get it.

ok seriously, where are all these new people coming from? lately ive just seen random people post here, which is great dont get me wrong, but where are you guys coming from and what brought you here? was there some big openpandora advertisement somewhere that i missed?

Back