Nintendo Wii U

So basically remote administration over your Wiiu? And howmany different controllers will i need to play one game!

but the big question is whether we could use the pandora as a "new" controller as well, it has all the same features!

I must say, it just looks like a bloated Wii with an overweight aborted DS fetus for a controller, and the supposedly hardcore lineup.... from what I read there wasn't anything Nintendo-ish, didn't see a Metroid or a Mario, there was the Zelda thing but that's a 25th anniversary thing.

EA have jumped straight on the wagon proclaiming 'imagine battlefield on it!', for some reason I never imagined Battlefield on it, I feel a bit cheated, I want Nintendo consoles for the Nintendo games! Give me pikmin or mario, after a single day (and the 3DS eShop being so poor), I'm put off, the Vita it is then.

Sorry about the rant, just felt like getting it out there, if you have read that there are any big Nintendo titles around launch then correct me.

There will be another E3 before the console comes out. And I really like the looks of the new controller.

Kind of reminds me of a Ben Heck style handheld.

I've never been a fan of big controllers and this takes the cake. I have a good feeling that we'll be seeing some of the same people who ridiculed XBox's original controller standing behind this completely. Sure, not an apples to apples comparison at all, but by and large big in a controller is either bad or it isn't.

I can't really look at this and think that Nintendo isn't influenced by tablet popularity here. I guess if they're smart they can make this thing double as an actual standalone tablet.

So basically remote administration over your Wiiu? And howmany different controllers will i need to play one game!

but the big question is whether we could use the pandora as a "new" controller as well, it has all the same features!

Not without a softmod. :) After that comes out... sure, I don't see why not. (unless it uses a wireless connection method the pandora can't handle.)

It's probably fake, because Nintendo GameCube physical disk support is no longer viable in today's world of digital distribution (business wise).
Virtual Console Gamecube maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never been a fan of big controllers and this takes the cake. I have a good feeling that we'll be seeing some of the same people who ridiculed XBox's original controller standing behind this completely. Sure, not an apples to apples comparison at all, but by and large big in a controller is either bad or it isn't.

I can't really look at this and think that Nintendo isn't influenced by tablet popularity here. I guess if they're smart they can make this thing double as an actual standalone tablet.
I love solid controllers like the one on the 360. They feel well built, and not as flimsy as the ps3 one feels, I feel like I'm gonna snap it in half when I use it :s

It will be a bit bulky probably, but certainly easy to hold. Your hands will only be a bit further apart than usual.

That shouldn't be a problem, or should I remind you at this controller?

gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

I think Nintendo was influenced by their own DS, not by tablets.

And no, it won't double as a standalone device, because it has no processing power. The Console itself handles everything. They mentioned this in the livestream.

EDIT: does anyone know if those gamecube keyboard controllers work with a computer? I'm guessing it's not a usb controller, but is there an adapter maybe? This would be pretty cool, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that Luigi's mansion 2 is coming out for it, it's about time (I retract an earlier comment about no Nintendo-ish games coming out on it).

1. Many other examples. Take you pick.

2. I can't imagine a 4 y.o. holding it. The Wii U controller isn't child-friendly, really. In saying that, I hope it's light-weight, as I wouldn't trust kids to hold it, because they might accidentally drop it and smash the big LCD screen.

3. I guess a single-touch resistive screen isn't too bad with a stylus.

EDIT: does anyone know if those gamecube keyboard controllers work with a computer? I'm guessing it's not a usb controller, but is there an adapter maybe? This would be pretty cool, actually.
I have one of those, but unfortunately don't have a GameCube to USB adapter for it.

All of the best Nintendo games coming out are the 3DS titles, somehow I feel Nintendo are jumping the gun a bit with the WiiU

have to say this looks extremely cool i read somewhere this morning that it will be compatible with most previous nintendo products (probs just Wii and Game Cube) but wouldn't it be awesome if they managed to get a cartridge port in there for 64 snes and nes games and a ds and gba port in the controller (Before people start shooting me down i know they wont and it doesn't make sense just saying it would be cool thats all)

have to say this looks extremely cool i read somewhere this morning that it will be compatible with most previous nintendo products (probs just Wii and Game Cube) but wouldn't it be awesome if they managed to get a cartridge port in there for 64 snes and nes games and a ds and gba port in the controller (Before people start shooting me down i know they wont and it doesn't make sense just saying it would be cool thats all)
Officially licensed Retrode?

We can but dream! :)

Well, there's still virtual console to play those games... no need for a shitload of dated hardware in there to support old game cartridges.

Back