Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

They also anounced Zelda Skyward Swords HD for 2021-07-16, they changed also the Controlls, so you can play in Handheld Mode,
I only saw the Video on this Game, as i fell asleep yesterday bevor the Direkt, like i dit when EvilDragon send me the "Pyra is ready to be shipped, make your final payment" Email..

The Controlls in Handheld Mode are so that you use your Nubs to controll the Sword, ..

Im also just bought Mario 3D World and Bowser Fury this morning, allthough im not that far in Mario Sunshine ...

Is Miitopia Switch for $50 worth it, when I already had the 3DS version for $40, and didn't really get that far in it before trading it and the rest of my 3DS stuff in?

I think the worst part will be that I can't import my Miis from Tomodachi Life this time. Creating all the new Miis for my party will be exhausting. Hopefully maybe they have a good search feature.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl announced for late 2021.

Pokémon Legends: Arceus also announced for 2022. Travel to feudal Sinnoh and help mankind destroy the natural habitat of Pokémon. Joy.

I hope this time I get to keep the eShop titles i've got. If they're dumb enough, to wanna strip me naked again when switching, I'm through with 'em.

@elw3 You're the one who was telling me how great Soul Nomad was, right? Well, now I believe you.

See, now when you're telling people about Soul Nomad, and they say, "Yeah, but is it coming to Switch?", you can say, "Yes, yes it is."

Yes, good memory here.
It has at least the most fuuuuuuuuuck moments ive ever experienced in any game.
Eg when your foster mother asks you to go out and save the world, you can just choose to say no, kill her, burn your village, kill your sister, destroy the world. Like i would care, but side char stories are great, eg the stupid boss from phantom brave gets kicked out of the game through a portal and lands in soul nomad. And you ally with those who are _bad_ on the other playthrough finding out why they are the bad guys, and its heart tearing.

Booth games suck In terms of battle system tho, phantom brave feels awkward and in soul nomad you can reach the level cap quite easy with just a day of grinding, its not very challenging.

I might buy Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. The reviews are all negative, saying they basically turned Harvest Moon into Animal Crossing. That sounds like my jam though.

BTW, I didn't mention it here yet, but Bloomberg basically confirmed DLSS for next Switch. Finally, I can Switch on my 4K TV.

Not relevant to this thread, but I noticed that I say 'basically' a lot. I need a thesaurus.

I should include something relevant to this thread, so, um, there's a guy that says next Switch's DLSS will be for docked mode only. This isn't because the DLSS is in the dock, but more like, the DLSS probably just uses too much power or makes too much heat.

I had a cool dream, and was reminded of something I've read before. Mainly, that tensor cores can't be turned off independently of the system. Makes me wonder what that guy I mentioned was on about then. DLSS for handheld mode should be fine.

I also saw the world ending by flooding, or something like that. Not relevant to this thread though.

Not relevant to this thread, but I noticed that I say 'basically' a lot. I need a thesaurus
Place I used to work had placed a ban on using the word "basically" in meetings. Not sure why to this day, but guess it was probably because the explanation that followed was anything but "basic".

My Switch has now been taken over, and almost had an argument over Animal Crossing with my wife. I started the game, and apparently am now the "leader" and only I can make important decisions in the game. It's a bit silly that you're only allowed a single island for all players in the game on a Switch, and that it's only the person who starts the game who gets to see the "important" progression areas.

I've been throwing her recipes and ingredients occasionally and -try- to make joint decisions in the game, so it's at least better now. Actually I'm really glad she's enjoying it.

Note: Mario dies in about three more hours here in NA. Time zones and all that. Nintendo of America is still in Washington state on the west coast, IIRC.

I keep hearing rumors about Nintendo Switch Online doing something in April too. It could be a few weeks though?

Good news and bad news. This article about the best handhelds in 2021 says Windows and Linux handhelds are number two, beating Switch at number three.

So what's number one? Switch, hacked. Poor ED can't compete with Nintendo when it comes to hardware, but hopefully at least he has the law on his side, unlike those dirty Switch hackers.

Nintendo had an Indie World event yesterday, where they announced Oxenfree 2 and the return of Fez, among other things.

Also, I ended up preordering Miitopia Switch physical from Best Buy the other day, because I had a $5 reward certificate that was going to expire. Miis are great, but they're even better when they're fighting for their lives. Just like Pokémon.

Damn, based on a huge chunk of money that dropped onto my debit card just now, I'd say Best Buy just cancelled my Miitopia preorder for some unknown reason. They've yet to notify me about it though, and the order status page is still the same.

Edit: They say the product is backordered, but the preorder is not cancelled. They say I'll be charged when I receive the item.

Last edited:
Backordered normally means they've sold more than they've been allocated; it's a kind of a screwup, but they're pretending it isn't. Presumably if it had been preordered and then stocked, they'd have just sent it out, but because they haven't got enough allocation to do that they've put it on the backorder so need to refund you while you wait.

Back