Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Not really, I still have a lot of playtime to make in Witcher 3 and Dragonquest 11 on Switch, and Borderlands 3 on Xbox, as well Borderlands 2 and Preprequel,
And lots of other Games on Switch..
Si I think my next Switch Game should be much more impressive than just a new Pokémon Game..

Finally got a microSD card for my Switch for Christmas. Then I found out that you can't directly transfer stuff from the hard drive to it. So my Switch spent over two hours this morning downloading 27 GB of stuff, 17 GB of which is stuff I cleared from the hard drive, and 10 GB of which was World of Final Fantasy Maxima, which I already owned, just didn't have room for it.

As for what Switch game I got for Christmas, it's a retail copy of Enter the Gungeon. Already beat the tutorial, but man, I kinda suck at this game.

So, how trustworthy is this site?

They're claiming a new Switch model will debut in mid-2020.

I've come across digitimes before now. They're taiwan-based, so not in China but close enough to be able to find out some stuff I guess. I can't find out what an ABF substrate is or how it would affect the type of chips in a switch without signing up for a subscription there though, so I can't say what this means particularly, other than presumably smaller transistors and a smaller power budget.

Yeah, there was another story floating around about a week ago stating that the guy that predicted the Lite and the Pro for 2019, is now saying the Pro will come out this year

Not sure if this goes here, but also not sure if it needs its own thread yet. Alienware has revealed Concept UFO, which media outlets are dubbing the "Nintendo Switch of PC gaming".

'Cause yeah, if there's one thing Pyra and GPD are both lacking, it's detachable controllers.

Hm, couldn't like like ::haha:: ::sad:: ::angry::, though I don't play Pokemon. But I hate NIntendo's (the Japanese one, not ours) capitalist-on-steroids politics.

In case you missed it, Pokémon games now have DLC. Thirty dollar DLC.

It seems a little shady at first, but I'm with everyone who says it beats buying a third version.

Wasn't always that way with those games ?
I mean, it started with RED/BLUE/YELLOW, that were essentially the same game with different Pokémons... and just multiplied this kind of rule over the years...

Hey @Nintendo did you see the new Smash fighter?

It's more Fire Emblem.

Edit: I stopped watching too soon. It appears there will also be a second Fighter's Pass with six more characters. Good to know that everyone's hopes for their favorite characters are alive for six more rounds.

Last edited:
So, right at the beginning of January, GameStop's listings got updated with a bunch of new unnamed Nintendo Switch SKUs. That caused people to anticipate a Nintendo Direct for this month. Things haven't really panned out that way though.

My guess at this point is that Nintendo really had a Direct planned for this month, but ran into video production issues, so they quietly delayed it. It actually wouldn't be the first time that's happened, IIRC.

There is a rumor going around that the next Switch model might not be much of an upgrade. It's fine by me, I already have a Switch.

I am kinda puzzled by some of the people who want a non-portable 4K Switch though. If that's the case, why not buy from Sony or Microsoft?

They say they want more ports, but I don't think those would help Switch. There are already three other options for ports. Switch games are what sell Switches.

Yes, the new SKUs might just be a new revision forced by Nvidia or someone stopping producing the old chip. I was thinking of the old days of consoles like the PS2 where new revisions came out and you really had to dig to find out the differences, but that was a mains powered console so if it becomes more power efficient, very few people care. With a battery powered console less power means longer battery life, which is worth celebrating. But I'm not convinced this end of this month SKU will be especially more powerful or especially more efficient, it's just a change of BOM due to supply constraints maybe.

Back