Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Erm Limbo is not a 2d game guys.
Actually, it is.
No, it's not. Many 3d elements in every scene. Have you ever played it ? 

It's not because its gameplay is on a 2d plane that it's technically a 2d game.
Yes I know, but I don't care so much if 3D elements are used for creating a 2D environment and gameplay, although I prefer pre-rendered sprites in most cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I saw this clip a few days ago, and "N" isn't going to deliver anything this cool anytime soon. They are just coming to grips with HD in general, they don't seem interested in high levels of detail or realism. 

Chris

They are just coming to grips with HD in general, they don't seem interested in high levels of detail or realism.
To be fair, most Nintendo games have been excellent without the need for high levels of detail or realism...
I do agree strongly with this.  They do make fun games, and the stories, even if a bit light, aren't too bad.  I still enjoy many of the early games, and not just because I have been playing some of them for all these years.  Graphics may be nice, but they aren't one of the main things that makes a great game (Yes, I am going to say "Zork" again, and I also really want to give The Lurking Horror a play, not that either of those are Nintendo titles, but they didn't have graphics.).

They are just coming to grips with HD in general, they don't seem interested in high levels of detail or realism.
To be fair, most Nintendo games have been excellent without the need for high levels of detail or realism...
I agree, as I still play Donkey Kong Arcade on a regular basis, but that doesn't change the facts that we will probably never see a game from them that looks like that demo does. It also doesn't change the fact that most of the excuses "N" has given this generation for Wii U games taking so long, was because they where trying to come to grips with HD(or at least that was the "excuse" they have been giving). I personally don't believe 99% of what they ever say, as it defies common sense, but then when I watch how they operate business wise, it becomes a lot more believable. 

Chris

So...what year does everyone think NX is going to launch? 2016 or 2017? I sure hope it's November 2017, because Wii U owners will feel like crap then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back