Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Wondering what others here think of this.. I've just heard that Nintendo is supposedly funding the development of Beyond Good & Evil 2 (apparently subtitled The Prejudices of Philosophers) and will announce it when they next talk about the Switch http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/03/nintendo-allegedly-funding-nx-exclusive-beyond-good-and-evil-2 there's quite a few sources but nothing concrete that I can see so far.
I'd love for this to be true, but can't see it happening for all sorts of reasons.. I'd say you'd be hard pressed to get a greater coup for the Switch if correct though, what do folk here reckon?

Last edited:
What the switch needs is assassins Creed part 17... I'm not sure if that's a joke or not as there's ALOT of assassins Creed games.

Last edited:
Well BG&E2 has probably been in the works as long as the Last Guardian has been, and has probably had has many issues in the process. If "N" is indeed paying for it to be done, or for a short term exclusive, that would be cool. Honestly, I can only see "N" paying for it out right, as they wouldn't want others to have it, so if it happens, it will probably remain exclusive to the NS.

Now this title is a much better buy than Bayonetta 2 was, as this will have a wider appeal and is a good fit for a "N" console. I don't own any of the next gen consoles yet, so if this is only coming the the NS, I'm more than likely to play it sooner there, than I would on the PS4/ONE, only due to my son, as I'm sure I'll be getting him an NS before I get one for me.

The Holidays of 2017 is probably when I'll get in on some of the new systems, as the slim models should be $200 and less by then, as well as some cheap AAA titles. I may get in on the NS if it's proven itself by then, but probably for my sons holiday gift, as I don't see buying it full price for myself unless it has tons of great games, which I doubt will have happened by then. I'll be happy to play my sons NS in the same way I use his Wii U from time to time.

Chris

That price pretty much ensures I will be able to need around with one that will purchased as a gift for someone. When is the Zelda game supposed to be released? Both will probably be the gift if timing and funds works out.

So according to rumors , the dock will have fans that will enable the switch to run at a higher clock speed and pupm out 1080p to the TV.

CzAxNmzXgAQTxi1.jpg

Nintendo NEVER has higher specs than any console maker(s)....they don't innovate. They go for the "kid" market. Nintendo hasn't been relevant in decades. What a flop this will be.

Nintendo NEVER has higher specs than any console maker(s)....they don't innovate.
They built the NES, SNES, N64, which where one of the most powerful consoles at its time.
They have many inovations. (More then Sony and Microsoft)
But many of them don't sell very well.

They go for the "kid" market. Nintendo hasn't been relevant in decades. What a flop this will be.
Hey, there are Doom, Resident Evil, Counter Stike on Nintendo Consoles.

Most of the Nintendo consoles are sucesful.
But the most profit comes from inhouse titles.
The only reason Nintendo dosen't look that sucesfull is because they are more decent and not like the hyperactive shooter-kids aiming Sony / Microsoft.

Nintendo NEVER has higher specs than any console maker(s)....they don't innovate. They go for the "kid" market. Nintendo hasn't been relevant in decades. What a flop this will be.
I don't normally reply to comments like these, but I don't really understand how someone could think that Nintendo doesn't innovate. Could you elaborate a bit?

So according to rumors , the dock will have fans that will enable the switch to run at a higher clock speed and pupm out 1080p to the TV.
Too bad. Although very unlikely I still hoped they would come up with a external gfx solution (much like the pc4e cards from HWTools for the pcie bus of x86/64 systems) to connect a more powerfull gfx chip in the dock.

I don't normally reply to comments like these, but I don't really understand how someone could think that Nintendo doesn't innovate. Could you elaborate a bit?
Okay, I had a gameboy back in 1989...they did push the envelope THEN. They came out with the Snes the next year, then NOTHING. They had to compete later with Sega, Atari, Sony, then later MicrosuX (in 2001). For all intents and purposes, Nintendo's gaming machines since 1990 have been under-powered when compared to their competitors. The PSP was far more advanced than the DS. The Playstation was also generations ahead of a Wii.

Inovation in the last years:
Really good working 3D screen on a portable device.
Motion contorl on Wii / DS.

Calculation-power is not inovation.
There's no accounting for taste then. The Vita was vastly superior to the DS, yet you're telling me otherwise. I'd rather not play kiddy go-kart racer games.
[doublepost=1481113759,1481113515][/doublepost]The problem that these megalithic companies have is that they won't allow their own consumers to unlock the console's potential.

Okay, but that's computational power then, that's something else than innovation.

If you're comparing to competitors in terms of graphical fidelity, the Gameboy is not very capable actually. I guess the prime example there would be the Gamecube vs. Xbox and PS2, but don't quote me on that...

Okay, but that's computational power then, that's something else than innovation.

If you're comparing to competitors in terms of graphical fidelity, the Gameboy is not very capable actually. I guess the prime example there would be the Gamecube vs. Xbox and PS2, but don't quote me on that...
I won't quote you because you quoted yourself. Ben Heck did a good show on a rare collaboration between Nintendo & Sony -

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement...
Nintendo is in fact the ONLY console maker which still innovates.
The incremental hardware updates which Sony and Microsoft do with their consoles can hardly be called innovation.

I just wish they would create some fresh new franchises instead of rehashing their standard ones over and over again.

Back