Nintendo Ds

Mofokubik posted on May 14 2004 at 09:00 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 14 2004 at 03:15 AM said:
bringoutthegimp posted on May 12 2004 at 09:49 AM said:
holy shit im beginning to think i might actually get one of the DS's.  its a shame though, ive gotten so used to having quality software for free i dunno how i'll feel about buying games
I thought it actually looked kind of lame. What a gimmick, the PSP looks WAY better, both the system and the graphics. Nintendo is in a world of hurt after PSP comes out. I mean the thing looks like a GBA SP with one more small screen BAH! what a joke!
The PSP will be a HUGE disappointment. There are so many design flaws. The speaker size for one. Nintendo has never let me down game wise, which is what PS2 did to me. I can't think of a good PS2 classic that I can just play and remember for years. Nintendo DS is powerful, with good set of games, plus the ability to play gameboy games, with a new twist... Two screens. Not to mention it's cheap. :p
The PSP is being marketed as the new walkman remember. Emphasis will be on headphone use no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
kraahl posted on May 14 2004 at 11:09 PM said:
joffe posted on May 14 2004 at 08:30 PM said:
Final Fantasy offerings
I serioulsy doubt there will be any Final Fantasy for the DS, if so it would be along the lines of FF:CC (not a part of the original series)

Sony owns part of square... they will probably make PSP-titles.
Actually Squarenix has already pledged both a Final Fantasy game (although it is in the CC vein) and a Dragon Warrior game for the DS. There is no word at all about any PSP titles coming from them yet. Biggidee-bam.

kraahl posted on May 14 2004 at 11:09 PM said:
Sony owns part of square
Damn I didn't know that.

Personally I'm hoping neither handheld dominates the market. I'd rather it be more equal - neither company will become complacent then. Although having said that out of the two the PSP looks more appealing to me (I don't own a PS2 so spewing out all the best PS2 games would be great for me :)).

nooo fanboy fight lol! speaking of E3 does anyone know what digitrex pulled out of their trousers? Im praying they unvieled shenmue 3!

dizzytheegg posted on May 15 2004 at 06:25 PM said:
nooo fanboy fight lol! speaking of E3 does anyone know what digitrex pulled out of their trousers? Im praying they unvieled shenmue 3!
Their penis's?

meh I know its shit but Im a bottle of wine down.

Phil posted on May 15 2004 at 05:20 PM said:
[actually sony owns about 35%, while nintendo owns 25%.
Didn't know that either! *hangs head in shame* That makes things interesting ...

Enjoy your wine PinkSpider. I'll be enjoying a few beers soon myself (whilst getting shot to pieces by 12 year olds in Rainbow Six 3 on the Xbox no doubt ... *Sigh*).

Memnoch posted on May 15 2004 at 06:48 PM said:
Phil posted on May 15 2004 at 05:20 PM said:
[actually sony owns about 35%, while nintendo owns 25%.
Didn't know that either! *hangs head in shame* That makes things interesting ...

Enjoy your wine PinkSpider. I'll be enjoying a few beers soon myself (whilst getting shot to pieces by 12 year olds in Rainbow Six 3 on the Xbox no doubt ... *Sigh*).
lol. Im about to go get raped on CS.

Ontopic: By the time these both come out I should be in a steady job so buying both wont be so hard :)

PSP has a bettery life of about 2 and half hours.

Brilliant.

DS has innovation.

Nintendo own you all.

Yes, i'm a faboy. And I love it.

mattribute posted on May 16 2004 at 04:52 PM said:
PSP has a bettery life of about 2 and half hours.

Brilliant.

DS has innovation.

Nintendo own you all.

Yes, i'm a faboy. And I love it.
Nice selective hearing there. PSP has 8-10 hours battery life. The 2.5 hours is only for movies as the disc will be spinning constantly. For gameplay and music, the disc only spins when it needs to load.

2.5 hours is not nearly long enough, even if it is just for movie playback, I don't want a handheldthat can play a movie all the way through and then die on me, thats crap. Also the size is putting me off a bit. Of course it all depends on the games in the end...

4.5inches wide + the rest of the unit, the psp reminds me of a way overpriced game.com
I think its just to big of something to carry in my pocket and not have people think I was trying to put a sock in my pants
I know I will get the DS tho
it says you could play peeps over the net
and it has a headset

" breaker breaker , this is rubber duckey, you got a boogie on you 6 "
"aww SHIT "
" need back up "

talking while playing games is the best

~Octavious

i hate to repeat myself but,

from static media (the sony memory stick) it has a life of 10 hours.

from the UMD it has 2.5 hours power. because of cd laser motor and the like.

and DS only uses static media.

to me the ds looks way bigger than the psp :huh: i love ninty and hope they do well but im no fanboy and ill buy wahatever syatem looks better. Right now the psp is ahead but ds is still a possibiltiy. Psp definatly has the edhge in power, but nintendo made NES hmmm...i'll have to wait and see.
P.S fanboys die!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

edit: sorry the ds is definatly smaller(i was lookin at some older pics)

a general size comparison from the pics I took of both
pspwt.jpg

nds2.jpg

(keep in mind the DS is roughly twice the width of the SP)

I'd personally be more interested in the PSP for it's games simple because I wouldnt want to have to decide between buying a UMD or a DVD for my collection, unless the UMD was a quarter of the price. Sony's going to have a tough time getting people to buy PSP movies but the games will still sell like hot cakes. The 3d on the ds is competant but it wont hold a candle to the PSP. the DS needs to seriously make the touch screen screem coolness, right now it's just "nice to have."

Man that PSP looks awesome, it is all screen! So many new toyz ;)

The DS is gigantic try and fit that in your pants. As if the PSP is big. And its 2.5 hours for movies 3-10 hours for games get your facts straight nintendo fanboy. Nintendo has innovation???? OMG :lol: In what way? releasing OLD N64 titles with added 4 player stages an innovation. They wont even make a new mario game no they have to port an old one. Innovation indeed.

kotd posted on May 18 2004 at 05:54 AM said:
The DS is gigantic try and fit that in your pants. As if the PSP is big. And its 2.5 hours for movies 3-10 hours for games get your facts straight nintendo fanboy. Nintendo has innovation???? OMG :lol: In what way? releasing OLD N64 titles with added 4 player stages an innovation. They wont even make a new mario game no they have to port an old one. Innovation indeed.
Yeah just likeNintendo's current "innovation" for the GBA, porting old NES games over and charging $20.00 apiece <_< With Nintendo it is wait and see for me.

Back