Nintendo 3DS

well yeah, it would be a nice game if it would be polished. but it has more bugs than a bed at the whore house, im just tired of it.  its fun to almost complete the game and get stuck to a quest you CANT complete. yay! so much fun. even their website is buggy. i thought that this was supposed to be over, its 2013 not the 90's anymore.

Looks a bit like a cheap chinese rip of, but is real..

if you need a cheap 3ds for your children, but whitout 3d, mybe it isnt that bad, but if your realy wants to play 3ds Games, a 3DS XL is even better..

Ummm... what?

No clamshell? Is this supposed to be some kind of tablet with two screens?

I like the idea of a cheaper non-3D 3DS, but without clamshell...?

Yeah, the lack of a clam-shell would be a deal-breaker for me if I didn't already have a 3DS. A dedicated handheld games machine that doesn't fit in your pocket? Who'dathunkit?

I'm sure it'll fly off the shelves, especially for parents who might be concerned about their kids eyes being damaged by the 3D aspect. Or those with kids that break regular DS hinges.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is targeted at children under 7. Kids have a tendency to break anything with moving parts. Clamshell hinges are just one more thing to get broken. This is intentionally designed to be a sturdy piece of plastic capable of standing up to the standard abuses of childhood. Kid waves around, the hinge flips up and down, kid does not have a good time. They've spelled it out clearly in the article, this isn't meant to replace your 3DS, it's to bring in the younger audience which has trouble with the existing 3DS. That's probably also the reason they removed the wifi switch and made it software controlled, so kids wouldn't accidentally hit it while playing a game and then complain about it.

Gosh it kind of has a wii u vibe to it also, well the controller i mean. also it needs to be bulletproof to withstand the abuse a 5 year old will give it. Trust me ive seen what my niece does with the old gba i got her.

Its cheaper i guess, but is there a whole market segment of 5 year olds that will buy this? Alot of kids this young can't responsibly look after a device like this. My nephew lost 3 psp's. He was too young and didnt understand its value. Im amazed it took 3 psp's being lost before his parents said 'no more psp's.

My nephew lost 3 psp's. He was too young and didnt understand its value. Im amazed it took 3 psp's being lost before his parents said 'no more psp's.
Needless to say, that they do not seem to teach him about taking care of expensive things, if he gets replacements in these numbers.

The big size of the 2DS seems to be an advantage in this case,

but if I had a 5 year old, I'd buy him a TinWhistle for a few bucks and teach him some tunes.

He will become a "maker" rather than a "consumer" and if it gets lost, it's not that big of a problem, but it shouldn't be "okay" anyway to lose things this rapidly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back