Nintendo 3DS

NintendoLife is in an uproar at that little revelation. I swear, the server is going to burst into flames.

k so i never played monster hunter....is it like pokemon for grown ups? and that extra circle pad accessory is confirmed to be made by nintendo it seems
Monster Hunter is pretty much what the title says it is. :lol:

But, to go into a bit more detail, you create a character (you choose their facial features, scars, clothing, hair colour, voice clips, and so on), hunt monsters, and forge weapons and armour from the hides, fangs, etc., from the monsters. In some games, there are little cat-people companions, known as Airou/Felynes, who can assist in battle in various ways, or who might be pacifists but can cook power-up food for you (they have different personality types that dictate how they will fight, or whether they'd be better off as chefs), or be sent scouting, and stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Orion

But doesn't that mean you have to buy this new add-on if you want to play games that support it?
Well I would hope there would be alternate control layouts you could choose. Like how you play Resistance on the PSP for example, it's great but would be so much better with a second analog. But you're right, it is a possibility, but they would also conceivably be loosing a lot of sales from people who choose not to buy it or who don't buy it right away. Hopefully they won't continue this pattern of stupid mistakes with the 3DS!

Completely off topic, what do you guys thnk of this? http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Portable_Hand_Grip_Stand_with_Speaker_for_3DS_Blue__Built_in_4000mAh_Battery_-44283

With the exception of the color it looks like it would be pretty handy.

Completely off topic, what do you guys thnk of this? http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Portable_Hand_Grip_Stand_with_Speaker_for_3DS_Blue__Built_in_4000mAh_Battery_-44283

With the exception of the color it looks like it would be pretty handy.
Honestly? I'm not sure I would risk buying a lithium battery from such a site, for some reason... The pricing doesn't seem to be too different to batteries which definitely have proper safety approvals and suchlike (not saying that this one doesn't, but I just can't see the advantage of not buying from somewhere better-known). :p

Well it's not just the battery, I already have the Nyko battery, it's also has the game grip form and speakers. But you're probably right about the quality, sub par more than likely. But for $20 it's a little tempting.

k so i never played monster hunter....is it like pokemon for grown ups? and that extra circle pad accessory is confirmed to be made by nintendo it seems
Monster Hunter is pretty much what the title says it is. :lol:

But, to go into a bit more detail, you create a character (you choose their facial features, scars, clothing, hair colour, voice clips, and so on), hunt monsters, and forge weapons and armour from the hides, fangs, etc., from the monsters. In some games, there are little cat-people companions, known as Airou/Felynes, who can assist in battle in various ways, or who might be pacifists but can cook power-up food for you (they have different personality types that dictate how they will fight, or whether they'd be better off as chefs), or be sent scouting, and stuff like that.
right, so its pokemon for grown ups?

Monster Hunter is nothing like Pokemon. :p I don't really know what to compare it to, though...

I couldn't comment - I'm completely unfamiliar with World of Warcraft.

Monster Hunter's primarily a single-player thing, if that's of any interest. :p Some games have an online mode, but generally multiplayer is local-only, from what I know.

Monster Hunter's primarily a single-player thing, if that's of any interest. :p Some games have an online mode, but generally multiplayer is local-only, from what I know.

Is Monster Hunter Wii indicative of the series on the whole? It was terrible.
I can't say I know. It's the only one I've played, and I rather enjoyed it, aside from the fact it's not portable, and the sad lack of the adorable cat-people companions (who, I've learned, are sadly absent from the 3DS one as well) :p .

Back