Next Gen Survey In Japan

finty posted on Jul 15 2005 at 08:13 PM said:
Is that total bullshit I smell?

nope, i really mean it!!! i mean who would lie about there family dieing? well not me! my grandma is still kind of effected by it as it being passed through her parents genes...

EDIT* :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this doesn't show an uprising of kinky homosexual japanesies who can't find any sex stores nearby :unsure:

finty posted on Jul 14 2005 at 09:24 PM said:
Ganepark32 posted on Jul 14 2005 at 06:17 PM said:
I'll grant u that the GPU's for PS3 and Xbox360 are going to be amazing. But we'll have to wait a couple of years before any company can be bothered to shell out millions of $ to use all of the power and i doubt we'll see that many companies doing that. With the revolution, yeh its not going to be as powerful as PS3 or Xbox360 but it'll still be capable of producing the same graphical quality but at a cheaper price for the developers.
Ok man, I know you like Nintendo but you cannot simply ignore what is right infront of you. Joe Public loves graphics and big name brands. At the minute Sony have the biggest name brand and look set to have the best graphics and developers will pay millions to get better graphics as it will benefit them sales wise.

As for the money thing, it does not matter, they can afford to lose that and will eventually make money as they will be selling more games.

Note - I'd like to state again that I do not side with any company. Even if it does look like I side with sony, this is simply because I think they will come out on top in the Next Gen console race, I do not know which I will buy.

I second this post to the letter. Ganepark I know you live the big N but come on dude you gotta look at things a LITTLE more realistically....

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... I highly doubt they'd bother to make the system at all or sell it at whatever price they're planning on selling it at if they're gonna lose 100 bucks for each one they sell... That wouldn't make sense. And as far as the DS outselling the PSP is concerned, correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked, the PSP still wasn't released in Europe... and as Reggie says, that's not Nintendo's problem, which is true, but what he's not considering is that if it was already in Europe, a lot more people would be buying them... So no matter whose problem it is, it doesn't change the fact that the two systems are not equally distributed... so the DS has an advantage because of that. But that doesn't mean that people necessarily prefer the DS or that more people like it, that just means that more people have bought it due to low availability.

And I don't know whether it's true or not, but someone told me that the reason Sony changed their controller is because some company is trying to sue them for ripping off their controller design... I find that hard to believe because I never saw anything like that controller until the PSX came out... and they've had the same basic design for the past 10 years, so it's probably a crock. He also said they're still working on it... which seems more believable. Whatever the reason, the new one looks retarded and will probably suck.

I saw all 3 press conferences, and while neither of the 3 new systems excites me too much(the graphics on the ps3 and xbox 360 are amazing, but I know that graphics don't make a game good...), as usual, I'm leaning toward Sony's system, the way it's been ever since I first played Twisted Metal 2. I can see why Japan isn't too interested in the Xbox 360 or the Nintendo Revolution... Microsoft is an American company, and I don't like them too much either. But Nintendo has released next to nothing about their new system. All we know for sure is that the internet that "didn't matter" a few years ago is gonna be one of the Revolution's features... that, and so far its main selling point is the ability to play OLD games(whoopty doo, I can do that on my computer, GP32, and the systems I still have). I'm not interested in either of those 2 systems any more than the Japanese are. Most of what both companies said at their press conferences was BS anyway... What makes Microsoft think that they're gonna get people who don't play games interested in buying their crap by allowing them to design skins? If they don't play games, they wouldn't be using the skins and probably wouldn't give a shit anyway. You wouldn't see me designing a new car or dirtbike because I have no interest in either of those two things... why would non-gamers be any different?

PS2 and XboX were both sold below cost of making it. Most systems are, and $100 is not bad. Game systems rely on the software for them to make the money, not hardware sales.

Back