15th Preorder Confirmed?

oblivioner said:
My humble opinion is that the team need the money from pre-orders for payment of some part of the production costs
Of course - that is how the GP2X rolled out, and how the Wiz is rolling out. Nothing strange about that.

Oh, and I suspect the Pandora team are having a good giggle at the doomsayer speculation in this thread ;)

Until this past week I never intended pre-ordering, but now I think I'll jump on the first batch. But if I don't get one, I'll be equally happy to wait a short time for the second batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
just thought id add, im against the whole pre order by numbers thing, i signed up here when i was using my gp32 post a little bit but not alot then once gp2x came out didnt have time or cash for it so went away n now im back for the pandora hoping to start posting more but being away from forum for 2+ years means i have a lower number than alot i dont think this should mean im infront of anyone, (nor behind them)

I am a little bit scared of the 15th. I bet everyone will post in htis thread that he has just done his pre-ordering.
On the other hand, we would have an easy wy to fin dout how mny Ps are sold form teh 3000 batch :)

Actually, we should probably create a new thread for "I Got My Pandora" posts, like they have for the GP2X.

(And before anyone hits that New Topic button, we should wait until the pre-orders actually start. Don't celebrate too early - you might jinx your pre-order.)

i'm ready to preorder, no issues with the monies, i just have the issues of getting a pandora :)

not sure how many will preorder, but hopefully there's less than 2999 of us that want one.

It should be by "first come first serve", not that I care because I'm probably gonna wait for the second batch so there are less complications (i.e. server errors in processing my request), and I want to see how things roll out.

AireTamStorm said:
On topic, I'm also kinda against preorders by member number. Maybe mods (because there are so few) should get a unit guaranteed, but doing the entire forum community = big no-no.
You know, I really like your idea. :D

((((((CRAIG)))))) [Cough] :rolleyes:

Trooper

notaz said:
jaycee900 said:
I know alot of 'parts' in games consoles were British designed, i.e the SVP chip in Megadrive Virtua Racing
Where did you get that from? SVP is really Samsung DSP with a bit of additional hardware.

Sorry my bad, I got mixed up with the Argonaut designed SuperFX chip for the SNES!

trooper said:
AireTamStorm said:
On topic, I'm also kinda against preorders by member number. Maybe mods (because there are so few) should get a unit guaranteed, but doing the entire forum community = big no-no.

You know, I really like your idea. :D

((((((CRAIG)))))) [Cough] :rolleyes:

Trooper
This is soooo wrong. The mods will be excessively busy keeping the boards under control at that time as everybody goes wild or asks silly questions. It is important they don't don't have any distractions at this time, so their Pandora orders should be 'lost in the system'.

Just kidding. I hope the mods do get their Pandoras - then they will be able to help everybody more effectively.

What will be the minimum reserve preorder price? I don't want people hogging slots with $50 reserves.

i personally think the orders should be unlimited, first come first serve..free market = good.
it's not like everyone doesn't know, i for one, will be online checking every minute or two....just like the people who wait in line for days when starwars comes out.

the line is already forming, just make sure you're there when the ticket booth opens.

sverm said:
How about if pre-orders were taken, then on shipping day, they get sent out by order of Forum Member Number (oh dear, looks like I'm outta luck ;) ) hehehe -- then the veterans who have been around for ages, following this whole thing from the start will get priority over those like me who heard about the Pandora a mere 2 weeks ago when their GameBoy Advance purchased from eBay failed to satisfy his expectations with the crappy reflective color display (I still wince, twist, turn and crick my neck to try to see stuff on the screen...)
I was going to answer this with my own words, but then I found a post that pretty summed up the flaws with that idea:
meandu229 said:
just thought id add, im against the whole pre order by numbers thing, i signed up here when i was using my gp32 post a little bit but not alot then once gp2x came out didnt have time or cash for it so went away n now im back for the pandora hoping to start posting more but being away from forum for 2+ years means i have a lower number than alot i dont think this should mean im infront of anyone, (nor behind them)
Fishbong said:
Exclusive preorders for gp32x users are a bad idea because there will most likely be no use for them anyway, it's very unlikely that the first batch will be sold out in less than a day. And if interest in the Pandora would really be that huge, imagine what would happen if it's official preorder day and there aren't any left. How would you explain that to the people who read about the Pandora in the more mainstream media, especially bloggers? "Sorry, no preorders for the general public, they're all gone already"?

That wouldn't make a terrific impression, amirite?
Obviously you have no faith in the popularity of the Pandora.

WizardStan said:
I would very much hate it if they were handed out by user id, not because I have a high user id, but because that implies they've taken more preorders than they have product.

I can imagine a couple hundred being set aside though such that, if they sell out in a couple days and there are forum members that did not get one, they can order one of these. After a week, if everyone from the forum who wanted one has gotten one, they're turned back over to the masses. That would be how I'd do it.
That's actually a pretty good idea.

atomicthumbs said:
I think that the preordering is going by "who signed up for the Pandora mailing list first", not by anything on the forum.
So is that, maybe.

I just hope that even if Craig doesn't give us an earlier pre-order, that he will at least tell us the ballpark of when he will start the pre-orders. Because, since this pre-order is starting on Tuesday instead of on the weekends, I have classes that I have to attend. As long as it is after 1 PM EST, I'll be fine, but if it's before that, I might need to consider skipping a class or two. However, I don't want to skip a class unless I know the pre-order will actually start during the period of time that that class takes up.

-God Ginrai

-God Ginrai

If they were all reserved for the forum members that want one wouldn't they all be gone in like 2 days? If they start orders for forum members early, there won't be any left for the masses (not that that's a bad thing, if the first ones go out, more will definitely come).

Username said:
If they were all reserved for the forum members that want one wouldn't they all be gone in like 2 days? If they start orders for forum members early, there won't be any left for the masses (not that that's a bad thing, if the first ones go out, more will definitely come).
I've been following this project since August last year. I don't think it's fair that I might not get my pre-order in because of someone who just decided to get the Pandora 3 days ago was quicker to the click.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
I just hope that even if Craig doesn't give us an earlier pre-order, that he will at least tell us the ballpark of when he will start the pre-orders. Because, since this pre-order is starting on Tuesday instead of on the weekends, I have classes that I have to attend. As long as it is after 1 PM EST, I'll be fine, but if it's before that, I might need to consider skipping a class or two. However, I don't want to skip a class unless I know the pre-order will actually start during the period of time that that class takes up.
That is exactly the concern I raised a couple of days ago. Being on a Tuesday, I'm sure most people here have things to do/places to be at different times, and being a worldwide community makes it harder for those in different countries who might have to stay up all night to be sure they are there when the preorder starts (even if they can not afford to). Being told a ballpark time (eg morning/afternoon/evening/whenever) may make it easier for some people here.

Having said that though, maybe moving the preorder to the following Saturday/Sunday, the 4/5 October would be a better idea, giving more people a chance to be there when it starts?

Wonslung said:
i personally think the orders should be unlimited, first come first serve..free market = good.

but price gouging = bad

Why exactly would you suggest something that's against your own interest? (unless you're planning to buy all 3000 first-batch Pandoras and resell them at a profit)

Esn said:
Wonslung said:

but price gouging = bad

Why exactly would you suggest something that's against your own interest? (unless you're planning to buy all 3000 first-batch Pandoras and resell them at a profit)
Price gouging is bad, but relying on supply/demand principles is a good thing. If someone wants to go selling Pandoras on eBay for more money, more power to 'em. It's a right they should be afforded. If you can't do what you want with your own damn money, then what's the point of earning it?

I too think having preorders on a work/school day is a horrible idea. Not only is it not convenient to have a late night trying to snag one, but a purchase would be delayed into the evening for most people due to their busy schedules. After waiting this long to secure one, waiting 3 extra days until Saturday would be absolutely nothing. Or 2 days earlier on Sunday, depending on how it all works out. Either way, they should open the preorders up for folks on a weekend, as that's how this kinda thing is normally done, especially when it's a hyped product with limited numbers.

Back