New Twitter From Craigx May Be Of Intrest To All Of You

I actually appreciate these videos and the new products he's seeking out. The wait for the Pandora is absolutely inevitable, so the opportunity to pass the time reviewing these slightly humbler alternatives is a great one.

The T5 ain't bad for £80. That's a couple of Xbox 360 games! Sheesh. Although I think the A320 price is slightly high on Gbax, I'm still digging these sub-£100 Gadget addiction feeding toys.

http://gbax.com/mp4.html

One potential problem with the SmartQ T5II is that SmartQ stopped making them to concentrate on the SmartQ 5 & 7 MID's that they released since March this year so stocks may be thin on the ground.

Hmmm I wonder... would he give out a free Pandora to the first person to find him? Even if he doesn't I'm on the hunt. I'm gonna find you and take your Pandoras by force! >:|

Craigix said:
I need more suggestions

Stop trying to act, and stop trying to direct artsy films. When it comes to advertising the Pandora to new audience, hire an agency!

Most people here just want to see the Pandora in action. Being played, being typed on, being browsed on. The interface being used, the emulators being used.

And the SNES emulator may well have been impressive on that Media Player, but with that button layout most games will be unplayable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Craigix said:
I need more suggestions

Stop trying to act, and stop trying to direct artsy films. When it comes to advertising the Pandora to new audience, hire an agency!

Most people here just want to see the Pandora in action. Being played, being typed on, being browsed on. The interface being used, the emulators being used.

And the SNES emulator may well have been impressive on that Media Player, but with that button layout most games will be unplayable.
i like his videos, i dont like that he only has put 10 secs of pandora in that video.

borgqueenx said:
Pleng said:
Craigix said:
I need more suggestions

i like his videos, i dont like that he only has put 10 secs of pandora in that video.
Dude! I just had the greatest idea!

Let's all tell YouTube that they should trash the old 5-star rating system, and instead make a robot that looks on all uploaded videos and measures the time a Pandora is shown and/or mentioned, creating a rating based on that time over the total video time! It'll totally work!

Especially since the only thing that makes a video good is that the Pandora is mentioned in it, right?

Pleng said:

+1 re the stop arsing about and get a video out!

The button layout is not ideal, but you can buy a wireless joypad that gives either full control in 1 player mode or allows for two players to play on the one unit at the same time. It also remotely controls the TV out so you don't have to sit on their shoulder to play along.

WoD said:
I actually appreciate these videos and the new products he's seeking out. The wait for the Pandora is absolutely inevitable, so the opportunity to pass the time reviewing these slightly humbler alternatives is a great one.
Plus it gives them a chance to learn from the software and interface mistakes of the other companies. This of course increases the chance of them getting the Pandoras right first time.

Nice one Craig :)

p.s If you want to really sell the Pandora, make an advert with those two young ladies from the rubber duckzilla advert ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
p.s If you want to really sell the Pandora, make an advert with those two young ladies from the rubber duckzilla advert ;)

I think we need some twins. The Pandora Twins :D

does anyone really think there wont be a proper video for the pandora? a proper, professional and quality video? you're mad if you dont. craig is just teasing us whilst we wait, or at least making sure every video he puts online has some self advertising so we will get more incidental awareness. i am sure its been said that they are going to wait for the final production unit and case before making one as anyone with any sense knows that yet another prototype video means nothing to any of the tech press and really to any of us. a final production unit in video, in our hands and in the hands of press is the only stage that will really count now we are so close to the end. why make a video now when it will be almost instantly made redundant when the final units comes?

If anyone wants to work out the location in the main part of the video, i'll leave a clue.............

When Craig pans in on an Object/Area in the distance, the object in question has the initials, P.P

Pandora Pastures maybe?

PS. Hilarious Video!

Since ED's day job is in television production, there will surely be a pro video for the Pandora once it's ready for regular orders.

These teasers are fun though.

RenegadeChic said:
a final production unit in video, in our hands and in the hands of press is the only stage that will really count now we are so close to the end. why make a video now when it will be almost instantly made redundant when the final units comes?

I get you and agree with most sentiments expressed in your post. I do think, however, that documentary style in-development snapshots of the actual process would in themselves be invaluable. People could get a better conception of what the whole process involved and how the project was realized. A quasi-experimental small-scale production of a computer handheld device of this potential, designed "by the people" to do exactly what they want without being restricted to it, in my opinion holds huge cultural value too. Developers, please document it.

I have a couple of thoughts about the video...

1 - get a head mounted cam so you can use two hands.

2 - buy a shed so you don't need to climb on the roof for 'special quiet-craig time'

3 - If you've GOT to climb on the roof - get a wind baffle for the mic!

4 - :angry: Stop pissing about and send me my Pandora! :angry:

I LOL'd when the wiz slapped you upside the head though ... nice touch :)

Anyone noticed that Craig is getting more camp with each video. I think there is a deeper message hidden in these clips ;-)

Back