New Psp 1.5 Hacks *single Ms*

Tried this for the first time today, and Balloon Fight looks amazing on that massive screen, especially on the fourth brightness setting.

I can see me playing on this more than Ridge Racer or Twisted Metal.

I know.

Do you remember back in your youth when the SNES was king and you had Donkey Kong and ISS on the go...then some older 'fogey' comes along and says:

"those games aren't as good as the games of my day"

You laughed. How could this be true? Asteroids better than Donkey Kong? Pah.

But now, sirs, we are the older 'fogey' types. You have Ridge Racers and Twisted Metal yet you play Ballon Fight the most. Now you understand.

It's not just about the game itself, it's about the nostalgia and memories that instantly bring you back to your earlier childhood.

Yes, we are the next generation of gaming.

ah, so true man!

and yeah, i can relate to that feeling tekt5. psp needs more good games!

and that gba emulator? how fast does it run? i hear it's very slow, but you know that if this port doesn't work someone will probably just write one from the ground up for psp.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's all so difficult to do!

I just can't see past my psp for video and umds! But I am so lazy these days! Really, so lazy!!!

im just about to try it, knowing me i'll get stuck somewhere though, all i want to know is what emus work well on the 1.5 psp? as far i can tell snes wont work on my 1.50, but what about pc engine, genesis, nes, master system? and which are the best emulators to use? cheers for any advice.

Just unpack the archive directly into the root directory of a memory stick and it'll sort itself out - now the only way of getting easier than that is buying a memory stick with them pre-installed, which I think Sony would frown upon...

The pack mentioned includes several different snes emulators, which all work on 1.50. It was only the swap method that made them incompatible. PC Engine, Genesis, etc are included also :)

it bloody worked!!! i cant believe it was that easy, i tried the hue pc engine emu, no roms but it was a black screen with some text and a big noisy ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise, i know this is probably dumb question but where do i put roms? does the kxploit thing create folders for them?

I'm stunned!!!

Edit. Which Snes do you guys finally recommend? Emu I mean?

The official one for compatability.

The unnoficial one for features.

The Unnoficial one is meant to be faster as well, but they seem pretty even to me.

Stupid question, but which one is which?

I couldn't believe how simple it was, and when Chrono Trigger loaded and played... Well, Me jaw dropped!

is it just me or does everything from psphacker.com's file archive end up being a corrupt text file ;)

If it doesn't work (or the ads are too much for you ;)), use www.psparchive.de

(Yeah... and three after I opened up my archive and announced it on their boards, they came up with their file archive using the same script and basic structure... pretty cool...)

(Yeah... and three after I opened up my archive and announced it on their boards, they came up with their file archive using the same script and basic structure... pretty cool...)
Yeah, those are quite intrusive. And the pop-ups got past my blocker.

It's pretty ridiculous they would create one if you host an annoyance-free one that I'm sure you wouldn't mind them calling 'theirs.'

Every other file is a 'corrupted data' file.

But every other obe works! Doom on a psp is sweet...

Yup, the "corrupted data" files are all the actual executables, whereas the non corrupted ones contain the icon images/etc, but can't be used to boot the emu or whatever. Most likely a bug in the directory name parsing in the PSP's firmware which allows the exploit to work.

What I'm really interested in though is how they found out about this exploit...

I'd actually recommend the 1.0 people to upgrade to 1.5 now so they can run more games, but still run all there homebrew easily.

Such a shame that the PSP is 16:9, whilst most old systems require 4:3.

SNES actually looks really nice when you stretch it to fit the entire screen, but I can imagine some of the older machines wouldn't fair so well from the stretching.

... But that's why we have GP32s. ;)

the bastards!
i will be using psparchive.de from now on as their ads do piss me off.

There's no doubt that PSP Archive is far superior in many ways, but PSPHacker is always up-to-date with the latest releases as soon as they happen...that's the only reason why I use it...especially since the plebs and the admin on the site seem a little....I dont know...monged up.

Back