New Portable Console From Panasonic!

And its starts very young. I was sitting in the train recently and a little boy of around 8 years was hovering around me while I was playing my pandora. It first I didnt know what he was doing but he was trying to get a sight of the back of lid. So I showed it to him and he asked me what it was. I explained and he was imediatly not interested anymore, later I heard him say to his friends it wasnt a nintendo and also not from apple.

:blink:

DaveC said:
Gruso said:
mecksg1 said:
That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen for a handheld system.
That's what thousands of people say about the Pandora. ;)

[edit] Thread moved & merged.
I am not sure why as Pandora basically looks like a DS lite with a keyboard instead of second screen. I don't hear people saying the DS is ugly. Doesn't make sense the DS actually looks more plain.

Where are the speakers on the jungle? I don't see any by the screen.

Uh-oh, Jungle will fail DaveC certification for sure :)

Pandora basically looks like a DS lite except with ugly glossy keys, ugly top case, ugly hinge, ugly speaker grilles and probably other ugly things which I'll remember when I get my unit back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
quartercast said:
... and probably other ugly things which I'll remember when I get my unit back :)
Love is blind, love is blind. Once you have it in your hands, you won't see these anymore....

quartercast said:
True. And there's always the paper bag method if love doesn't work.

Hahaha...

But yes, it looks interesting, hopefully it will come to market quite quickly - more handhelds can only be a good thing!

Steve

quartercast said:
True. And there's always the paper bag method if love doesn't work.

Or you could turn the lights off. Then you're saving a tree and not hurting its dignity.

Well, this is powered by Tegra 1.

My link

So, perhaps the guesses that is is based on a OnLive like services are right? Since I don't see Tegra I running modern MMOs at "nut's high resolution".

I don't like the shape of it, but otherwise the design doesn't seem so bad. I prefer the Pandora's design, but I would like the Pandora's design even more if it was glossy (at least on the lid... fingerprints would be a problem other places)

What's with all of the design hate on the Pandora?

I don't understand why people keep calling it ugly, I love the way it looks!
I suppose taste as to a device's appearance is about as subjective as it gets, but the thing looks about as bad ass as possible, in my opinion.

All it needs is offline Google Earth, offline Wikipedia, and the words "Don't Panic!" inscribed in big bold friendly red letters on the lid.

- trix

Bosbeetle said:
And its starts very young. I was sitting in the train recently and a little boy of around 8 years was hovering around me while I was playing my pandora. It first I didnt know what he was doing but he was trying to get a sight of the back of lid. So I showed it to him and he asked me what it was. I explained and he was imediatly not interested anymore, later I heard him say to his friends it wasnt a nintendo and also not from apple.

Well, even for some "grownups" think, that only brand with a super-cost, hyper-advertising and 10 things relased have a cool gaming system... Just they're interested in it, but if it's not Nintendo/Apple, they think it' shitty...

Miner49er said:
Pandora looks...retro and that's what we like yeah? The only thing missing on the Pandora is a Rainbow stripe in the bottom-right corner!
You're obviously made a mistake. You wanted to say in the top-left corner, next to Commodore logo.
Like this here:
c116_1.jpg

Ah those Speccy fans... :rolleyes:

quartercast said:
Uh-oh, Jungle will fail DaveC certification for sure :)

Pandora basically looks like a DS lite except with ugly glossy keys, ugly top case, ugly hinge, ugly speaker grilles and probably other ugly things which I'll remember when I get my unit back :)
Oh yeah I forgot about those beautiful speaker grilles on the DS lite. A couple of holes drilled in the lid, yeah that was gorgeous, real work of art, I forgot...

That didn't last long...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/panasonic-kills-off-jungle-portable-gaming-project-probably-sca/

Back