New Picture

20080620221536.jpg

Mithrildor said:
Q: Can we say: OMFG OMFG OMFG?
- A: Yes we can: http://picasaweb.google.com/mfk.pandora/LifeInColor#5458480551155078914

So cases are going to be shipped too, this looks really really final and HQ

That picture is one of beauty for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
@Mithrildor - That, and the "square" on the lid seems to be gone. :p

EDIT: Ninja'd again! Bah!

NightArck said:
PokeParadox said:
What's with the PINK case? :-||
Well, I suppose some females do have interest in the Pandora..
Maybe some of them are even among the community?
And that means we have to have pink? :p
If you don't want it, I'll take it!
Pink is awesome!
:D

Prometheus said:
And that means we have to have pink? :p
Well an option for pink is something some might like.
I know a chick that a Pink Pandora will fit her just right.

Besides, an option for pink means there's a good chance for an option of any other colour.

NightArck said:
Besides, an option for pink means there's a good chance for an option of any other colour.
Very true. I'm very curious to see what else they're thinking of.

NightArck said:
It's painted so I suppose there is a standard colour palette available to choose from :)

mali said:
NightArck said:
It's painted so I suppose there is a standard colour palette available to choose from :)

We won't be doing anything but black for now, changing the paint colour means changing the plastic colour under it (chipping would be an issue if we didn't).

But you can see in those photos how smooth the top part is, those marks on the non-painted version make it look as if it isn't.

Hey Craig, have those new fresh cases shipped yet? If not, does anyone know when?

Chris

craigix said:
We won't be doing anything but black for now, changing the paint colour means changing the plastic colour under it (chipping would be an issue if we didn't).

But you can see in those photos how smooth the top part is, those marks on the non-painted version make it look as if it isn't.
I understand. UMID painted their white M1 black, though. I don't know if they had complaints, as I wasn't interested in their product, anyway.

:eek:

thats some really nice job, at last!!! it only took that much of time but it seems it was worth it.

(as long they are not cheating painting black black).

SHIP EM ALL!

after a more closer look

:(

speaker grid have a pair of broken links
(on the left speaker (the right one in the picture))

DroneB Dev said:
That's no cheating, many netbooks/laptops are painted afterwards even when they are black. It's a much nicer finish :)

mali said:
DroneB Dev said:
That's no cheating, many netbooks/laptops are painted afterwards even when they are black. It's a much nicer finish :)

i know but it wouldnt be the expected after treatment OPT Talked is it?
if they do the painting with no authorization then it would be cheating
unless they do paint them all

plus they way they seem to be painting i hope it doesnt add more assembly issues,
because some extra microns might be the difference between a good case hinge and
a non working one.

(not to say i hated my 600m hand rest because they kept loosing colour)

The Pink Pandora case looks realy good too, but i be happy whit the black one, because black is the best colour for such a Pandora, its realy cool. :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, I don't like the idea of paint that much. :unsure:

After many hours of playing and mixing with sweat, the paint will start to get bumpy dull-ish and begin to come off, uncovering more-shiny plastic, and it will look ugly and worn out.

While the brand-new pandora might look great at first, after some years usage, the plain plastic version would look better. Just look at all the other video game peripherals - none of them are painted.

Back