New Notice On Korean Gp2x Site.

ok, here it is. Note, this has been cleaned up, since the korean language would make no sense verbatim. You can thank my friend for this, (He will probably get a GP2X when he goes back to korea for winter vacation) All credit goes to Cmbae90.

1. please notify the below dates for refund procedure
every users please notify below
if u do we will appreciate
1) recall and improvements
this recall includes improvements of better LCD quality plus SD card and more battery life. we are now in process of final checking.

*2G SD compability
we are installing newfirmware for this recall which includes 2G SD card compability partialy
the improvements are written below

-improvements : From PC to GP2x through USB CABLE, it is allowed to transfer data

but transfering from SD card to pc is still in development

this will be completed within december or early january

*Power manegmant(battery life extension)
this recall is same as the follwing

-improvements : it is true that every consoles have different variation of battery life(HM) so using 2500mA if u are playing movies with earbuds approx. 3 hours u can play straight( late december or early janary, we are planning to extend to 4 hours)

*LCD quality improvements
screen backlight improved/fixed blurrs / fixed wavey screen
for LCD after this recall AS, the LCD has small horizontal line, but this is just a special charater of LCD

rest of them are how to refund

wait i missed the most important part
u ready?

this improvements including 2g SD compability and battery life extension will be avaliable this week or next week by 4th firmware upgrade by downloading from the internet

SO BASICALLY, BETTER BATTERY LIFE, SCREEN DE-INTERLACE FIX, 2GB SUPPORT, BETTERY USB TRANSFERRING, NEXT WEEK OR 2 WEEKS!

this recall is fix the LCD's problum. (and fix to more bright :) )

and install the 1.0.1 that cann't install with SD card

4th firmware is.....probably release in this weekend

dateno1 posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:17 PM said:

someone elseware posted it will be out the 15th. so TOMORROW!!! (waits)

Last edited by a moderator:
dateno1 posted on Dec 15 2005 at 02:17 AM said:

Well originally the backlight was brighter but it caused much washing out of the colors and black level. If they are going to go back to that again (brighter) I wouldn't want that. It is fine as is since the latest except for the interlace.

Is this what kind of modifications they're doing to the "official release"? Does anyone have news about that? (Not intended as a hijack...)

This is really good news, I feel like GPH is getting their proverbial 'shit' together.

Gamers Galaxy posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:08 PM said:
So uh might be a stupid question but how do you extend the battery life with firmware updates?

Not that stupid :)

The GameParks current firmware is running the hardware at 100%, 24/7. This incudes the TV Encoder Chip, the Second Processer, and most likely a whole slew of multimedia functions. These chips are not needed, and can be scaled down when not in use to save battery life.

The menu for example most likely only needs about 100 MHz off the first core, but it is running right now with both cores at 200MHz. Also, the TV encoder is running, and when it is turned off it should get at least 15 minutess or so of extra battery life.

Also, for the movies, I think much of that is handeled by the mutlimedia co-processers. This means the second core can most likely be toned down a little.

And... the GP2x includes a uber-hidden AMD 64 processor. It is running at 100%, and is currently unused. This is currently hidden in the sound card, and will be revealed at next year's E3 and smash all competeors, including Sony and Nintendo. This will make the GP2x not only the most powerful handheld gaming console, but the most powerful console in the world! :lol:

Ok.. not really.. :(

Anyways, I hope this was a tad informative.

PSyMastR posted on Dec 14 2005 at 05:53 PM said:
for LCD after this recall AS, the LCD has small horizontal line, but this is just a special charater of LCD

From how I understood, those who complain about scanline issue are out of luck because now they call it a characteristics of the type of LCD that they're using.

SlackwareLinux posted on Dec 15 2005 at 05:43 AM said:
Also, the TV encoder is running, and when it is turned off it should get at least 15 minutess or so of extra battery life.
The tv chip was measured as using about 200mA. Switching it off would gain well over an hour or two instead of 15mins

SlackwareLinux posted on Dec 15 2005 at 05:43 AM said:
Gamers Galaxy posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:08 PM said:
So uh might be a stupid question but how do you extend the battery life with firmware updates?

Not that stupid :)

The GameParks current firmware is running the hardware at 100%, 24/7. This incudes the TV Encoder Chip, the Second Processer, and most likely a whole slew of multimedia functions. These chips are not needed, and can be scaled down when not in use to save battery life.

The menu for example most likely only needs about 100 MHz off the first core, but it is running right now with both cores at 200MHz. Also, the TV encoder is running, and when it is turned off it should get at least 15 minutess or so of extra battery life.

Also, for the movies, I think much of that is handeled by the mutlimedia co-processers. This means the second core can most likely be toned down a little.

And... the GP2x includes a uber-hidden AMD 64 processor. It is running at 100%, and is currently unused. This is currently hidden in the sound card, and will be revealed at next year's E3 and smash all competeors, including Sony and Nintendo. This will make the GP2x not only the most powerful handheld gaming console, but the most powerful console in the world! :lol:

Ok.. not really.. :(

Anyways, I hope this was a tad informative.

Yes indeed, thanks for the enlightment. I didn't know everything was running all the time, well than plenty of battery life to be gained from the new firmware :)

codeninja posted on Dec 15 2005 at 08:46 AM said:
PSyMastR posted on Dec 14 2005 at 05:53 PM said:

From how I understood, those who complain about scanline issue are out of luck because now they call it a characteristics of the type of LCD that they're using.

>_< grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I hope there will be a utility or something to execute the update, I just don`t want to send my gp2x back to upgrad the firmware which hardly take 5 minutes...

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 15 2005 at 02:37 AM said:
why do they call a firmware upgrade a recall?

same question here

rSl posted on Dec 15 2005 at 03:19 PM said:

same question here

Because it's a recall in Korea. They've only shipped 500 units there and they're recalling them to fix firmware/hardware problems. I think someone also said that the first 500 units had trouble with bad quality (grandma production batch).

Eolair posted on Dec 15 2005 at 07:31 AM said:
rSl posted on Dec 15 2005 at 03:19 PM said:

same question here

Because it's a recall in Korea. They've only shipped 500 units there and they're recalling them to fix firmware/hardware problems. I think someone also said that the first 500 units had trouble with bad quality (grandma production batch).

And, it's more than just firmware update. They're tweaking some stuffs at the factory and installing the latest firmware which is not yet released. The latest I heard from Korean sources is that GPH is testing if there are side effects after the latest firmware that they made with 2G SD support, LCD fix, and battery life improvement (for some).

I know this seems like a silly question but...

Will we need to ship the thing back to korea to get this or are they going to release it as a patch (hopefully one without the bricking potential the last one had)?

Eolair posted on Dec 15 2005 at 03:31 PM said:
I think someone also said that the first 500 units had trouble with bad quality (grandma production batch).

Damn the grannies! They should have let the trained gp32 monkeys do the job. Well it's not my problem anyway, I got one of the monkey units and it works very fine :D

Back