The Recall Announcement From Gph

From post I have read, these problems are affecting the UK supplied units as well - Mine flickers particularly with a blue background (Vieo menu, Ebook meny, Explorer menu and Green backgrounds - Loading screen and Game menu).

Waiting for an announcement from GBAX about how this will us.

codeninja posted on Dec 4 2005 at 02:56 PM said:
http://www.gpx2.co.kr/support/support_noti...age=1∂=00

They're recalling all 500 preordered units in Korea to fix LCD problems including dark screen, screen shaking, uneven brightness, waving screen during button/stick inputs.

They'll fix 2GB issue and battery problem in December.

Every unit pre-ordered in South Korea? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did all of the 500 affected go within Korea or did some go the GBAX?

My unit number is less than 500 but I dont really see cause for a recall.

My unit number is less than 500 but I dont really see cause for a recall.

Likewise. But if they are really going through with this recall it'll probably cause a minor panic and some units which aren't faulty may be sent back.

Well, that's the price you pay for releasing faulty hardware, I guess...

...unless you're Apple or Sony, in which case you can claim it's just a 'design feature' :blink:

my gbax unit most definitly has this problem, so i'm interested to see how this plays out :ph34r: B)

i'm not sure why but none of these problems surprise or bother me, maybe i'm infatuated with gph ... and they seem to be taking responsability and are fixing the problem ... :wub:

i can understand why the firmware hasn't been touched in weeks if they're worried about hardware issues at the moment!

Jackie B posted on Dec 4 2005 at 10:02 AM said:
I tried putting headphones in mine this morning and the socket broke off :(

Wonder if that's a design feature.

oh, no ... you're going to have to send that back unless you're any good at soldering.

i work with a lot of old drum machines and gear where power and headphone jacks are always comming off the board so i'm used to that fix.

the other week i had a usb header snap off the small pcb in my portable hard drive ... that was a bummer, but there was no way the company that manufactured those things were going to stand behind their product.

at least with gamepark you've got a chance sending it back :)

I thought about that, and how I could solder it, and then I thought Nah, I might just take it to an electronics place and ask them to solder it for me. Don't want to wait another 2 months for my GP2X - I've only had it a day!

Jackie B posted on Dec 4 2005 at 04:02 PM said:
I tried putting headphones in mine this morning and the socket broke off :(

Wonder if that's a design feature.
No.

But no problem, it's getting solved with the next firmware update :p :blink: <_<

Seriously. I've been very tolerant to any early-adopters problems, but the flickering screen, the screen shadows I saw last time on ancient passive notebook LCDs, the inability to upgrade the firmware without buying a dozen different SD cards, and the mono speakers and switched headphone channels are pissing me off. Again, I was expecting some problems, but not pre-alpha level hardware. So far I'm not too pleased and I'm considering to sell my "precious" first edition on ebay and buy a V2 release later on, since it's been of no use and no fun to me so far.

I had the same prob as jackie b and it was the first thind i did with my brand new unit i had to send it back and wait another painfull week without being able to play zelda just the thought of it makes me want to cry....they were hard times. (by the way jackie b i wouldnt use your unit with the headphone port ratteling about inside it might kock somthin important or somin or nothin or whatever)

Back