Replacement Joystick Caps Available

DaveC

Internal Development
Hi,

I have a couple of joystick caps available for those that may want something other than the stock one. They are made from nylatron GS plastic which is tough and has excellent wear characteristics (google it if you want). They are concave and larger than the standard one, giving better grip. The concave fits the thumb comfortably. I use one on my GP2X and it seems better to me than the regular cap. They are made with the hole drilled as close to the surface as possible to help with throw distance.

I only have 3 right now. I figure the first 3 that PM me for one will get them. For others if you are interested I will make more, don't panic :) . I make them by hand (don't have a mold) so it may take a little time to get some more but I will edit this with any updates. I am doing mostly as a test to see if there is interest. I have sent out some others already recently and am waiting for some feedback as to whether people like them or not. My own opinion may be biased :p

They are $10.00 USD in the US and $11.00 USD international (because of extra postage) through Paypal.

Thanks, Dave

gp2xsticklg.jpg

gp2xcaps.jpg

Do you guarantee 1000000000% satisfaction from this product?

Well it is always possible that someone won't like it. At $10.00 it wouldn't make much sense to send back, but if you hated it that much I would refund the payment minus shipping and Paypal fees though (around $1.00 US).

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one is gone now though.

I will make more and will bump this topic when I have some.

Dave

it looks cool, im happy with my original stick, but i'll take one when i get some birdseed to put on it ;)

If the people who have bought them off you say they are any good, then I will have one.

If the people who have bought them off you say they are any good, then I will have one.

Fair enough. I am kind of waiting for feedback too. I don't want to put a dodgy product riddled with bugs out there, we already have plenty of those ;)

I'd probably like one too but I'm not sure if it would fit. My stick isn't centered over the hole. It's like 1mm down from the center :)angry:). I'm worried that it might hit the slightly raised edge around the hole. As it is, the default cap just barely makes it. A bit lower and it would hit the edge.

I wonder why they put that stupid raised edge there anyway? If it wasn't there you could put the cap closer to the casing. Decrease the long throw of the stick a bit.

I'd probably like one too but I'm not sure if it would fit. My stick isn't centered over the hole. It's like 1mm down from the center :)angry:). I'm worried that it might hit the slightly raised edge around the hole. As it is, the default cap just barely makes it. A bit lower and it would hit the edge.

I wonder why they put that stupid raised edge there anyway? If it wasn't there you could put the cap closer to the casing. Decrease the long throw of the stick a bit.

My stick is a lower profile and also a little thinner cross section wise but solid with no webs. GPH had a thicker but webbed cross section. Mine uses a much stronger material than the styrene or ABS that GPH used so I could use a thinner cross section while being actually stronger. Bottom line is that it should fit better.

Back