New Gpu940, New Egoboo2x

Rambozo posted on Feb 11 2007 at 10:00 PM said:
Blah posted on Feb 12 2007 at 04:52 AM said:
Your ARM940 chip apparently can't handle 250mhz (neither can mine). Open up the .gpe file with wordpad and replace gpu940 with gpu940_225 so that it clocks to 225mhz.

edit: Apparently your SD card also needs a backup and reformat.

I tried adding the files to the game folder on my harddrive and it gave me the same error. I tried changing the CPU speed with the utility included in the game folder, but the game still won't run.

Apparently you didn't read my post :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Feb 12 2007 at 07:27 AM said:
Apparently you didn't read my post :p

egoboo.JPG

What do I change and where? I see the text "gpu940", but it has some stuff after it and I don't know how much of it to replace. I also see something that says clockspeed = 266, is that what I alter?

Download from the archive the last version updates and well packed.
Then get notepad2 , edit egoboo.gpe and change 266 for 240 for example.
You need notepad2, windows notepad or wordpad does not work well when you edit GP2X (linux) files.

Done, but I still have the problem illustrated in the pics I posted: I can't copy the GPU940 folder into the Egoboo2X folder because there is a file with the same name as that folder already in there.

How do I resolve this?

Rambozo posted on Feb 12 2007 at 10:09 AM said:
Done, but I still have the problem illustrated in the pics I posted: I can't copy the GPU940 folder into the Egoboo2X folder because there is a file with the same name as that folder already in there.

How do I resolve this?

You don´t need to do that, just download this in the archive , unzip it and put into SD.
You need to edit egoboo.gpe with notepad2 if you GP2X can´t reach 266 mhz.
You will need Notepad2 for windows if you are using windows.
Notepad2 is easy to find, search in emule like notepad2 winall for example.

Man! can't wait to test this out! Gotta get coffee though. Thanks Rixed, for the blast nay-sayers out of the water proof of concept/cool 3d game.

@Rambozo you just need to copy the contents of the folder into the egoboo folder. Then it will tell you files exist there with that name and offer to replace. Apparently windows doesn't like the idea of replacing a file with a folder.

Or you could just get it off the archive.

rixed posted on Feb 12 2007 at 12:38 AM said:
So, gpu940 was made faster.
I used the supplementary FPS to add the lighting effects in Egoboo2x.
required data.

Hi

Could you please clarify or point me to the right place, what exactly
gpu940 is ?
Right now I think about it like a HW accelerated OpenGL driver or the GP2X.
If so, this could be used to give better results in Games like Descent 1/2 and psx4all
on the GP2X.

There are also no examples in the package for how to use the lib, how is mainting it etc.

Thanks in advance and best regards

paines

I think gpu940 (openGL on the second processor) is close enough to hardware acceleration for us to put a 3D gamepark on hold.

I am amazed how nice egoboo looks. Any chance of adding the wizard starter, or the gocart mode?

Thanks again.

Cervante posted on Feb 12 2007 at 06:55 AM said:
Rivroner posted on Feb 11 2007 at 09:04 PM said:
JimmySlam posted on Feb 12 2007 at 02:58 AM said:
Rivroner posted on Feb 12 2007 at 01:56 AM said:
JimmySlam posted on Feb 12 2007 at 02:53 AM said:
Blah posted on Feb 12 2007 at 12:57 AM said:
@jimmyslam: check the clockspeed in the script.

it could be that

i changed them on the first version... hang on

You can download Evildragon version in the archive too.
Qué?? No entiendo ingles... ;)

IT WORKS it is so cool it works very well!!

good for gp2x :)

Ni yo :D Nada, te decía que te bajases el de Evil que ya lo había actualizado en el archivo por si acaso, que igual al actualizar tú te había hecho algo raro por lo que sea :D ( no sé pa que te traduzco si tu sabes más ingles que yo :D Pero por si no era muy comprensible mi inglés te lo pongo)

Si ustedes necesistan ayuda tranduciendo, yo les puedo alludar

translation

If you guys need some help in translation, ill be glad to help
As far as I know "necesistan" is actually spelt "necesitan", "tranduciendo" should be "traduciendo" and "alludar" "ayudar" ;)

I will try as soon as I'll be back home! but is it possible to disable lightning to have better speed?

Both shifts and joystick click to disable debugging onscreen info (top buttons on gp2x are shifts).

Rambozo posted on Feb 12 2007 at 04:09 AM said:

How do I resolve this?

rambozo, like blah already said twice, your sd card is bunked. try reformatting it.

mth411 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 02:03 PM said:
Both shifts and joystick click to disable debugging onscreen info (top buttons on gp2x are shifts).

thanks that was my only annoyance with this version. great job rixed you've done some amazing stuff.

oh and DBH if you already have the egoboo data files all you need are the new binaries.

DBH posted on Feb 12 2007 at 06:54 PM said:
Ah hell... is this gonna take another 120mins to transfer to SD card again? :(
I waited 15 minutes for it to extract after I'd copied the zip to the SD...

Back