New Port : Egoboo2x

I restarted again from scratch on another SD Card. It worked fine using the slow setting this time. It must have lost a few ones and zeros on the first copy, that or I now have a corrupt sd card.

Thanks for your help buddy.
No problem, though I'm not sure I really helped at all.

@namco; I'm running 2.1.0 I'm not sure if that makes a difference though. Maybe try what Fez did. With the amount of files to be transferred it stands to reason that there's greater possibility of corruption occurring.

Also a word of warning Egoboo does write to the Sd card at least once, I think on the character import screen or something, so always exit out safely..

Last edited by a moderator:
All I get is a green screen with the clock speed, then another green screen, then it goes back to the menu.

Please try to connect (telnet) to the gp2x and define SDL_DEBUG to something :

$ export SDL_DEBUG=1

Then run something like that (see the gpe file) :

$ killall -9 gp2xmenu
$ chmod a+x load940 egoboo
$ ./load940 gpu940_225
then
$ ./egoboo

And looks what he has to say.

All I get is a green screen with the clock speed, then another green screen, then it goes back to the menu. I've tried running it with the different settings (ie changed the gpe file to the one that people said) and it doesn't work. I have enough free space (about 600-700mb) and i'm running firmware version 2.0 (haven't updated as not got round to it yet).

Have I missed something?
I got a similar behaviour at first. I then found some files had 0 length on the SD card. So I redid the copy and did not let my Linux computer unmount the drive before running a sync command which took about a minute.

All I can say is WOW.
Rixed your work really shows just what the GP2x is capable of.
Excellent game, Awesome colors, Awesome playability.
I don't have any suggestions yet for improvements (only payed 10 minutes), but I am awed. Excellent work.
File size was my only issue, took 1 1/2 hours to unpack onto SD (ton of files).

Looks like rixed has made a major breakthrough in gp2x dev here- congrats rixed! Keep up the great work!

Indeed, xmoto would be a great game to try next but I'd encourage rixed, zodttd or any other coders here who know a good shmup when they see one to try porting mr. cho's gunroar first. Gunroar is my fave Linux ogl game and is highly recommended to fans of games like robotron, smash TV and mutant storm.

Other games I'd love to see ported to gpu940 include

foobillard - an open source, ogl Jimmy White's alike. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this already

Torus Troopers

xmoto

None of those games would require anything special from the 3D hardware

just download egoboo2x.gz After extracting I get one large 35510kb egoboo2X file.... What next? This does not seem to be a gpe file??
I had this trouble. The only program I managed to open it with was winrar. Extract using that and you should get a folder with lots of files.

winrar doesn´t bring any difference....

.... still one large file....

edit : got it the large file is still a compressed archive... Opening that in winrar does the job...

Back