New Gpu940, New Egoboo2x

rokdcasbah posted on Feb 12 2007 at 08:16 PM said:
rambozo, like blah already said twice, your sd card is bunked. try reformatting it.

Works now. Forgive me for not paying close attention to replies when many of them are condescending and hurtful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rambozo posted on Feb 13 2007 at 04:22 AM said:
rambozo, like blah already said twice, your sd card is bunked. try reformatting it.

Works now. Forgive me for not paying close attention to replies when many of them are condescending and hurtful.
That was not my intention , my english is limited.

Rivroner posted on Feb 13 2007 at 09:02 AM said:
Rambozo posted on Feb 13 2007 at 04:22 AM said:

That was not my intention , my english is limited.

nor was it mine, even though english is my first language :)
i'm glad you got it working though.

rixed: finally got a chance to try this. it looks awesome. feels smoother to me too. amazing work.

Rambozo posted on Feb 13 2007 at 03:22 AM said:

You wouldn't be the same Rambozo from YakYak, would you? You do "sound" the same... What's your stance on leprachauns?

:)

D.

Egoboo! i just remembered what this game was, cant wait to try it, ty for the port (seems like opengl support is finally getting somewhere)

So, let's say you get egoboo installed, and it runs well. Is it fun? It certainly looks amazing, and has value as a tech-demo / proof-of-concept. But as a game, is it as fun as it looks?

Great!

Is it just me or is there z-buffer support in this version? The textures look like they are clamping to the surfaces much better, and everything looks a lot more solid, maybe the lighting is just making it look filtered, but this is a much better looking release, and fast too!

[edit]

I think its a great little game, its not exactly finished (the original, not this port), and it is more a proof of concept, but it does have a few very playable and challenging levels, Rogue start is one of my favorites ;)

markiej posted on Feb 13 2007 at 06:31 PM said:
So, let's say you get egoboo installed, and it runs well. Is it fun? It certainly looks amazing, and has value as a tech-demo / proof-of-concept. But as a game, is it as fun as it looks?

Yes, it's quite fun once you remember all the controls (lot of buttons to press). Very playable.

I'm utterly beset by a pink screen when I start the game, even though I changed the CPU setting to 250MHz which I know is usually OK. Is the second core overclocked and could that be the problem?
It looked brilliant for the 1 second it was running though.
I know it's Valentine's Day and all, but the pink I can do without!

game, is it as fun as it looks

I took the advice of the mob and loaded it. I answered my own question. It is pretty f'ing cool. -And I do need to RTFM because I'm a little lost on the buttons.

I feel very privileged because I managed to get a very overclock-friendly unit (seems fine at 280).

lol, i couldnt install it, everytime i tried drag and dropping it o my sd it cant copy certain files (which ones i have no idea) and takes up a large amount of space (and takes like 10 min to install) idk if its my mac acting up or what (any help is appreciated)

Goemon4 posted on Feb 14 2007 at 05:50 PM said:
lol, i couldnt install it, everytime i tried drag and dropping it o my sd it cant copy certain files (which ones i have no idea) and takes up a large amount of space (and takes like 10 min to install) idk if its my mac acting up or what (any help is appreciated)
try reformating your SD, Egoboo use a lot of small files that make transfert to SD slow

I finally got around to trying this. It looks great. Now I just need to figure out how to play it, lol. I died to the first enemy I came across. [/newb]

Hit em! Thats how I win, fists, and dying is no problem in Egoboo, you just have to remember where you dropped stuff!

Tried deleting all 2.2.2 stuff for 2.2.4 stuff, but it didn't compile for me at all, maybe too much new scripting stuff, or maybe I am dumb, but Egoboo 2.2.4 would be a better port, IMHO, just because of scriptability, if I am missing something, I dunno what it is :<

Same with me, on my 4GB SD 150x transfer with USB 2.0 it's taking time about one hour to finish the copy, what's wrong with that?

yodaofborg posted on Feb 14 2007 at 10:33 AM said:
Change this line in egoboo.gpe

./load940 gpu940

to

./load940 gpu940_225

This clocks the second CPU down to 225 Mhz, good luck :)

Super!!! This is the best looking thing on my GP2X since i transferred some Lexx episodes to my SD card! Wwwaaayyy too many buttons for my arthritic old fingers, but if nothing else it shows the GP2X can take on the PSP for 3D once the 2nd processor is recruited.
Maybe it's time to revisit that Oolite port that needed OpenGL?

Back