New Dedicated Gizmondo Site Launched

I would have thought the GP32 forum would have had the most open minded people in it (after all we all bought a GP32!) and not have replys akin of a GBA forum.

I can't speak for everyone, but I was just having some fun flaming an idiot who clearly deserved it. Don't take everything so seriously!

Don't worry I'm not personally worried about what people think, but until its released and given to until at least after christmas then its only fair to give it a fair 'trial'.
And yes it is expensive, mainly due to the GPS probably, but same as the N-Gage, £300 when that was released last october, also i bought my GP32 in feb for £200 (FLU 166), feel abit miffed you can get the BLU 200 for less than that now!

carlgeorge posted on Jul 28 2004 at 08:57 PM said:
PS It's not really gay bashing, "gay" has just developed a third meaning in recent years.

Damn Geordies started that:
Scouser: "Just getting my coat"
Geordie: "What are you some sort of queer?" or "Don't be a puff"
Uhh, what?

1. It was started in the US.
2. That example didn't even use the word gay.
3. As a geordie I object to being typecast as a homophobe, there are no homophobic scousers?
4. You wear a coat? Pfft, wimp.

ok, please refrain from general homophobic remarks :)

No one made any general homophobic remarks, that was my point.

And on topic, too expensive and the screen is too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen sure its not as big as Gp32 or Zodiac but they didnt want it to be, they wanted a compact system, why cant people understand that?

Cause people want to actually see what their doing, well at least i do.

the speed will enable for more advanced emulators like CPS-II and theoretically reasonable speed PS emu (don't flame me for saying that, on paper it can handle it)

I thougth they said it was not going to support a homebrewn scene

In this day and age gay is slang for something that is lame. Such as the word sucks. Get used to it this is the world we live in. That comment is not homophobic it is just culture. Anyway I could understand if he was insulting homosexuals but he is not.

Also is this thing going to be open source? And since it has windows on it will you be able to play emulators that are already made for windows? I am definetly intrigued by this system and if it is open source I will support it over GP32 2 since it appears it will be more mainstream. Anyway Jaycee you need a better layout contact me and maybe I can help you out.

Its not open source, but it might be hacked. Also its not really an advancement if the screen is smaller than the gp32. Ill be waiting for the GP32II

SephirothIce posted on Jul 29 2004 at 06:53 AM said:
In this day and age gay is slang for something that is lame. Such as the word sucks. Get used to it this is the world we live in. That comment is not homophobic it is just culture. Anyway I could understand if he was insulting homosexuals but he is not.
Yay, someone who makes sense.

If this was out a couple of years ago it might have done ok, the problem is it's up against the Sony hype-machine. It'll probably cost only a little less than the PSP and more than the DS.

They also have to make a profit on their console as they can't rely on selling games, Sony can happily make a loss on consoles...

yes, it IS a homophobic remark. using Gay in place of -ga-, and in a negative connotaion, thats a homophobic remark.
theres a sayin i like, " its not what people say, its what people mean by it", think about it, he didn't mean offense to homosexuals he meant offence to a console, stop being so politically correct

abigsmurf posted on Jul 26 2004 at 07:44 PM said:
I don't quite understand why the Gizmondo is such a flame magnet. Yes the name is silly but then again so is the 'Super Nintendo Entertainment System' (could you imagine the PS3 being called the Super Playstation?). The screen is also dissapointing.

It's not that overpriced considering how it has very good specs (except for the screen size). Yes the GP32 and GBA are cheaper but neither of them have specs which come close to this and the GP32 suffers from slightly suspect build quiality.

the speed will enable for more advanced emulators like CPS-II and theoretically reasonable speed PS emu (don't flame me for saying that, on paper it can handle it)

Like JayCee said, wait before you judge it
Well said.

sounds like a good piece of kit to me. some of the specs are similar to what people were hoping for (400mhz ARM9 proccessor, higher capacity storage, graphic accelerator, etc.) in a previous post about gp32's successor so why the flaming?

have any of the flamers actually looked past the pricetag and (dissapointingly small) screen size? looks like it's gonna be open source judging from the emulators part of the site.

fair enough it's pricey but wasn't the gp32 when it came out and look at the difference in specs. chances are the next generation of gp32 is gonna be steep to start off with too.

might as well give it a chance instead of flaming it before it's even out. i'm sure there would have been similar flame posts about gp32 on other forums when that was announced and we all know how that turned out.

just my thoughts.........

mike5622 posted on Jul 31 2004 at 07:36 PM said:
looks like it's gonna be open source judging from the emulators part of the site.
The sites unoffical <_< .

midget posted on Jul 29 2004 at 08:37 AM said:
yes, it IS a homophobic remark. using Gay in place of -ga-, and in a negative connotaion, thats a homophobic remark.
theres a sayin i like, " its not what people say, its what people mean by it", think about it, he didn't mean offense to homosexuals he meant offence to a console, stop being so politically correct
im not being politically correct, just respectful. there was a time when it was socially acceptable for a white person to say nigger in reference to a black person, insult or not.

what are the makers of it saying then? has it been confirmed officially either way if it's open source?

surely it doesn't need to be open source for emulators to be ported/developed for it anyway. can play emu's on my ps2 and xbox but pretty sure they're not open source :p

mike5622 posted on Jul 31 2004 at 08:55 PM said:
can play emu's on my ps2 and xbox but pretty sure they're not open source :p
Yes, they are chipped.

I think it will be a signing thing like zodiac, but they wont sign any homebrew.

i think the gizmondo looks cool
but what is up with those bottons

does it use sd cards
if it turns out to be open source
and devs pick it up
and gp32 2 never gets released
i will buy it

gps sounds cool
i usually get lost on desert islands

Back