New Dedicated Gizmondo Site Launched

I like the fact that they're using the GPS and camera functions in actual gameplay, but I agree that £229 is a little too much to pay. Maybe if they eliminated those features it would cost less to produce...I don't think gamers really care about them, anyway.

too expensive for my blood.

I wouldn't pay that for any handheld..

Unless it secretly made money.

The screen is just too small for a system that is that expensive. It is even slightly smaller than a GBA-SP.

Since I already have the GP32 and that does all my gaming and acts as an eBook machine (TXT files only), I would rather buy a seperate GPS system which can do even more then this machine can do. And my mobile phone already has a camera in it :D

clever play on words my friend....very nice.

n-GAYge.....just let the master do it

[Mod - Please use the "Edit" button found at the top-right of your own posts. I give one warning then start deleting double-posts.]

I agree. Its been my experence that people that do the most gay basing are in denial :)

N Gage has to many problems to be a hit.

Gizmondo stands a good chance but it needs to sneak under the £200 mark. i guess the yhave droped the ad supported idea.

The software looks stunning and they have proved to me they are deadly serious by signing up Jenson Button for an exclusive game.

Nice looking machine, but i'd let it rest a year or two and let it show us what it can do, if it's good enought, and if the price is right then, i maybe conciter buying one, but for now, my gp32 is far enought ^^

I'd just like to say on the record for those people, no I only put 1 message on here, that was last night to post our new web site, so no it wasn't me who had a go at the GP32, and why would I, I own a GP32 for starters along with a GBA, N-Gage and numerous other handhelds gone past.
I can understand why people got mad/got out of their prams but come on that poster was trying to wind everyone up and it worked by the look of it, i didn't care so much of the responce, hey it is a GP32 forum after all! but just wanted to let people in the know about it.

I would have thought the GP32 forum would have had the most open minded people in it (after all we all bought a GP32!) and not have replys akin of a GBA forum.

Lastly to the Gizmondo name - sure not the best but get over it cant change it now.

Price - £230 yeah should have been £199 at most, but you get the camera and
gps and mp3 and mpeg4 built in along with the best specs (sshh i'm still speaking!)

Screen sure its not as big as Gp32 or Zodiac but they didnt want it to be, they wanted a compact system, why cant people understand that?
Looks - if you check some of the videos on the official site, the actual unit he's playing is a stunning silver with metallic blue, but not sure what the retail machine will be not confirmed yet - but overall its not as not that bad is it (come on GP32 isnt stunning is it!, don't forget i own one as well)
What needs to be said is, don't slam the system before its had a chance to perform, come on you guys, you should realise that with the GP32 - crap commerical games, crap support but picked up with the homebrew, emulators.
Think about it.. thanks for reading.

I don't quite understand why the Gizmondo is such a flame magnet. Yes the name is silly but then again so is the 'Super Nintendo Entertainment System' (could you imagine the PS3 being called the Super Playstation?). The screen is also dissapointing.

It's not that overpriced considering how it has very good specs (except for the screen size). Yes the GP32 and GBA are cheaper but neither of them have specs which come close to this and the GP32 suffers from slightly suspect build quiality.

the speed will enable for more advanced emulators like CPS-II and theoretically reasonable speed PS emu (don't flame me for saying that, on paper it can handle it)

Like JayCee said, wait before you judge it

I really don't see the problem. The GamePark, Zodiac and now the Gizmowhatever are all similar products, in fact programs would be (relatively) easy to compile for the different systems and probably will do.

PS It's not really gay bashing, "gay" has just developed a third meaning in recent years.

Damn Geordies started that:
Scouser: "Just getting my coat"
Geordie: "What are you some sort of queer?" or "Don't be a puff"

jaycee900 posted on Jul 26 2004 at 07:32 PM said:
I would have thought the GP32 forum would have had the most open minded people in it (after all we all bought a GP32!) and not have replys akin of a GBA forum.
Yes but it was that "other poster" that jumped to conclusions and spouted a load of shit when all someone said was it was over priced. It is over priced. Doesnt mean its bad, just too much money.

PS I still think it will be shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back