Gizmondo

Dude, that's old as hell! How far back in time are you? It was posted on the GP32x boards a long time ago, back when it wasn't the Gizmondo, but instead the GameTrac.

sorry didnt kno I have never heard of it before and I just seen it on a mag for E3 crappiest crap section. Just wanted to hear what pple thought of it the only good thing about that Gizmondo is that the cpu is 400mhz thats pretty impressive aint it

They aren't going to support homebrew development. For that reason, I have no interest in getting one.

For those in Australia, I saw a press release the other day - an official distributor has been signed up here for 2005. I predict it will be a monumnetal failure given the imminent arrival of the PSP and DS.

yea without homebrew support this handheld has no chance especially with the big dogs comeing up PSP and Nintendo DS.. Cant wait for the PSP gfx looks like PS2 quality and the new MGS AC!D for it looks great!

Screen isnt that small its 4.3 inch screen with 16:9 ratio which means movies wont need to be cropped or converted to pan and scan and everyone who has seen one at E3 raves how great the screen looks and Sony says the graphics is near Ps2 quality so far the screen shots Ive seen of MGS AC!D looks beeter than any PS1 game I ever seen its def pushing closer to PS2 graphics than a PS1.

Gizmodo is definately big and well pretty damn ugly and it does resemble an
N-gage the only thing I sweated about it is the 400Mhz Cpu too bad it doesnt support homebrew :(

At E3 they couldn't start a buzz with bucket of angry hornets. It's totally DOA, they might get like 2 or three well known companies and maybe a couple of euro develoepers to make games for it but they'll buried trying to compete with the Big boys in terms of "actual" games.

The PSP dose have graphics very, very close tp PS2 quality, if not in the number of polygons it can push than in the quality of what it can DO with the polys. It will have no trouble mimicing many of the PS2s games with great effects. The DS with kill the Gamtrac(gizmondo) simply with it's name.. because frankly changing it to a stupid name like gizmondo gaurenteed this sucker's death.

no homebrew support

soooo... what does that mean, for instance GBA has "no homebrew support" either and look at that scene. as long as they don't make it hard as hell to crack, then it should be interesting eh?

don't write it off before it's even out the door. at least it's got some power and it's being made by a weird little company (as opposed to the big boys) -- sound familiar?

Screen isnt that small its 4.3 inch screen with 16:9 ratio which means movies wont need to be cropped or converted to pan and scan and everyone who has seen one at E3 raves how great the screen looks and Sony says the graphics is near Ps2 quality so far the screen shots Ive seen of MGS AC!D looks beeter than any PS1 game I ever seen its def pushing closer to PS2 graphics than a PS1.
are u aware that MG AC!D is a turn based game and thegraphics are (roumered to be) rendered

Last edited by a moderator:
OK the psp won't have ps2 graphics because it doesn't have the power to do it and even if it did the small screen would make them look crap.
Lol, that's great. Do you even know what the psp is? It has the biggest screen I've ever seen on a handheld, maybe even too big and the specs actually beat the ps2 in some departments.

um if the gizmondo doesn't suppport homebrew then why are they releasing it with the x forge 2 development suite?

are u aware that MG AC!D is a turn based game and thegraphics are (roumered to be) rendered
I kno we all expected AC!D to be your run of the mill MGS game but turn based MGS sounds interesting and could be fun and for the graphics I dont care if they are rendered even tho I dont think so all I kno it looks awesome and I will definatll buy it who knows maybe the turn based can be like a mini game to AC!D and they will surprise us with the real game. I can only hope :p

Simply let me put it this way. More people are going to by the ds. This is because it will be bout £200 cheaper and plus the quality of games like metroid prime: Hunters and super mario 64x4 will just halt the psp's sales.

yea the DS looks cool also and plus its going to be cheaper but Im going to end up getting both I believe they'll be great games for both handhelds. I can have my Mario cart and Metroid on one and Twisted Metal and MGS on the other B)

isn't the ds still going to use carts
if so hello more homebrewn

i also heard that if has 2 cart slots

one for new ds games and two for gba lower

i can't remember if i heard this from a good source
could someone verify this?

Back