Anybody Buying Gizmondo?

The launch of the Gizmondo is imminent, with the company looking to shift half a million units in the UK alone and 3.2 million worldwide by the end of 2005.

giz.jpg

The device will hit the shelves in the UK during the first week of September at £229 and across Europe at 345 Euros.

The device, which was originally set to launch during May, will be supported by 11 software titles including the flagship game Colors. Gizmondo says it is currently finalising the release of 13 more titles and expects to have 34 available by the end of the year. Software will retail at £19.99 and £29.99.

Jamie Robertson, Gizmondo's head of sales, said: "These are ambitious targets, but certainly realistic and achievable."

Gizmondo will roll out without an official software bundle, but it is in talks with retailers on tailor made packs.

Stay tuned to Gamestyle for more information on the Gizmondo as it arrives.

Mark posted on Aug 6 2004 at 05:55 PM said:
When game had that "take any four games and 99p for a brand new game" deal on I went in a few times, even though it was only one per customer.

I played dumb so they didn't realise what I was doing.

*Picks up copy of Ninja Gaiden*

Mark: "Is this game good?"
Manager: "It's graphically pretty, but its hard"
Mark: "Harder than Tomb Raider?"
Manager: "Yeah."
Mark: "I love Tomb Raider"

etc.
i dont get it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted User posted on Aug 12 2004 at 09:44 PM said:
When game had that "take any four games and 99p for a brand new game" deal on I went in a few times, even though it was only one per customer.

etc.
i dont get it...
Read it over and over, look at the tomb raider part.

(I assume you are refering to AOD, because 1, 2 & 3 rocked).

finty101 posted on Aug 12 2004 at 09:19 PM said:

etc.
i dont get it...

oh no! Im stoopid!

Actually, i never played tombraider, so i duno...

Deleted User posted on Aug 12 2004 at 09:21 PM said:
finty101 posted on Aug 12 2004 at 09:19 PM said:

etc.
i dont get it...

oh no! Im stoopid!

Actually, i never played tombraider, so i duno...
Well, then it's understandable.

Man i laughed so hard at that ^^

Personally i can't see it take off, although it looks like a nice bit of kit it on paper kind, good specs of think its looks wise its quite sleek except the joy pad, doesn't look very gamer friendly.

Also I think there marketing team needs their heads examining, i mean gizmondo it sounds like a kiddies toy, worst toys r us are distrubting... a toy shop....

Websites nice but have you seen the titles of the games....colors?!!! City, Stunt car Extreme, speed gun stadium, they hardly grab you buy the balls and say buy me, in fact they sound sound, like bad budget games, in fact they remind me of the games you used to have to type in the code from magazines (You have had to around be in the early 8bit era to undertand that last one, i kid you not back in the 'olden' days there were no cover discs u typed the source code on yourself and then ran it :p)
The descitptions are just as bad... third party stuff can't see any mention of any cool sounding games..

Commercial success not a chance, they've already shot themseleves i the foot before its released, with the name etc.....

Probably end up like the gp32, very much a commuity driven bit of gear... maybe the sucessor to the gp32 ;) :p Specwise its got a few things we would like to see in the GP32 400mhz ARM cpu, 3d capability SD storage , although can't see how much internal ram it got though ... :huh: ...looks good ...well apart from the crappy joypad...

Will i buy it.... erm no! GP32 does what i need, theres more than enough classic games to keep me occupied on travels....if i want flash gfx i'll play on my pc

Mark posted on Aug 12 2004 at 10:40 PM said:
....I actually meant all the Tomb Raiders ;)
Well its still funny, 'cause tomb raider is so mainstream. I forgive you.

skysnapper posted on Aug 12 2004 at 05:44 PM said:
Probably end up like the gp32, very much a commuity driven bit of gear... maybe the sucessor to the gp32 ;) :p
No, it won't. Gizmondo will lose lots of money because it is a piece of shit. It's not going to be the successor because the announced GP32 2 is going to be.

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 13 2004 at 11:18 AM said:
the gizmondo is going to fail miserably. nobody will buy one now the psp and ds are coming out
the same could be said about gp32 ;)

I won't buy that anyway...
I prefer million times my actual GP32 & later a PSP + a GP32 2 :)
/Me Need to save alot of money :rolleyes:

Im getting a DS and then a GP32-2. Probably wont buy a next-gen machine when they come out but will get a PS2/ Cube/ Xbox, probably all 3 if they are cheap enough :)... to be honest graphics have come far enough for me and I just want gameplay now :/

Back