• I Prefer the new edges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Na let's stick with the old edges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

i really do not care how the case looks as long as 2 things ar right:
1.it's made of quality stuff
2.the guts of pandora are the same or even better

The old style had (at least visually) a nice feeling of ruggedness to it (like someone said, think IBM ThinkPads). But I think the new design is more appealing from an aesthetic point of view. As long as it's still black, made from high quality stuff, and the new design doesn't add to the thickness of the device, I'm all for the softer edges.

New design looks like it will fit more comfortably in your pocket, no sharp edges digging into your skin :p Ergonomically it will feel much nicer in your hands too, for the same reasons as above.

I hope it doesn't lose its nice thickness when you hold it, so those with large hands won't get cramps from using it for 5 minutes :)

Ooohh....
I do like the black version of the new render....Shiny.

And, I am concerned about the ease of opening with the close fit between top and bottom.
I posted this modified render in the other topic, but it fits here:

j.pickens said:
And just so I'm not just complaining about the clamshell, I worked up a modified render for what might help out in the design.
In this render, I cut out the ridge above the SDHC slots, and keep the recess all the way to the top of the bottom case half. The top clamshell would then overlap the bottom by the depth of the front panel recess, and allow your thumb to easily pull up on the lid to open the Pandora.
Here's the render:
pandoralid2jpickens.png

Please let me know what you think.

Also from the other thread:
Zoxc said:
Also the Pandora logo won't be a part of the case right? A sticker or embedded maybe?
I personally hope the logo is molded into the case.
It will make modding the case to cut out the logo, backing it with frosted clear plastic, and inserting blue backlight led's that much easier...

Last edited by a moderator:
i trust the Pandora team to make the right decision, i leave it up to them and as i can see, the design they chose is very flashy and will gain a lot more attention from all parts of the public.
grats +1

Rounded corners are a definite plus. I carry these things in my inside jacket pocket, and those kind of pockets are sensitive to sharp corners. So, if the new one has rounded corners that's the one I would like, never mind the colours.

Hmmm less lethal as a weapon... But Damn sexy.
We went from Pandora to pandora 2 with the new design.
I'd say the new one... EVEN if im a big fan of retro... i like my technology to be sexy.

anyway if a need a good weapon i still have my transparent Gameboy classic.

Ryuu said:
To whoever is designing the case, Nice change but as before how do i open this thing ? do i position my thumb at the front and press very hard so as to get enough friction to be able to lift the lid. Is that good for the hinge? or do i use the non-existent ridge between the bottom of the case and the lid and lift like any other clamshell device?

OH! i get it, its a Clamshell design so like a real Clamshell i have to use a knife to open it :lol:

Sounds like someone's never handled a DS, which has no recesses or ridges either and opens just fine.

I prefer the new design. And I even prefer it in white. I usually hate white elcetronics. Odd...

Is it genuinely slimmer than the original case? New or old design, both are cool - but I want whichever gives the slimmest device! :D

craigix said:
It addresses the boxyness of the case which some of you didn't like, making the Pandora slimmer and more rounded, this is the design we will be going with unless a major flaw is found.

MDave said:
I wonder how close I am guessing what its final appearance will be, and guessing where the LEDS are going to be :)

Oh, having the logo painted blue would look pretty swish!

pandora_blueemblem.png
Holy crap yes

Back