Do you prefer the New Design or the Previous Design

• I Prefer the new edges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Na let's stick with the old edges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr.Gonzo said:
jpenguin: that would be simply awesome.
You could just aim it at people and give them epileptic seizures!
I knew we could use it as a weapon!
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i prefer the all black case with the Pandora sign BLACK.
and no LEDs on top of it.
OR all black with transparent Sign not bumped... more like Flat. but transparent.

That would be the best. i prefer my LEDs on the inside

Mr.Gonzo said:
OR all black with transparent Sign not bumped... more like Flat. but transparent.

As long as I get to play the damn thing I don't care if it was transparent dildo purple with pink polka dots.

i still yearn for my poor reflective analog wells
i will miss you, my sweet children

mali said:
pandoratr3.jpg
Where the hell did that one come from?

I voted for the older, boxier version, but I was going on the four pics as seen at the http://openpandora.org/ website (look at the fourth pic in particular to see what I mean). I've never seen that version above before.

If it's for the version as seen on the openpadora website vs the new curved one, I go for that, but if it's for the ugly thing pictured above vs the new curved look, I want to change my vote.

EDIT: the logo MUST be blue as shown by MDave.

PoisonedV said:
i still yearn for my poor reflective analog wells
i will miss you, my sweet children
yeah that's this nostalgia that makes me wanna have the transparent logo :(...

But if its to much complication. Simple Black ( less effort and pretty damn sexy ) will do!
I don't believe they will change where the LEDs are at anyway... they pretty much finished the damn thing.

CandidStan: Sure i just want to get the Pandora not caring much about the design.
But this thread is about HOW will we prefer the design.

MWeston said:
MDave said:
I wonder how close I am guessing what its final appearance will be, and guessing where the LEDS are going to be :)

Oh, having the logo painted blue would look pretty swish!

pandora_blueemblem.png
That looks really cool, but I thought people agreed a light in the lid was cheesy?

It does look gorgeous though, especially with such a soft glow and not the bright 'keep you up at night' glare. It looks like an interesting case mod some day.

That gives me an idea for my first mod.

A dremel + http://www.glonation.com/Products/GlowPowder/GlowPowder.html + http://www.dickblick.com/zz335/20/

Cut the shape of the logo out, mix the powder and resin, pour in, let harden, polish and glowing logo it is :)

This will give that logo the same glow effect without LEDs that use power and it won't be too bright and obnoxious. Plus you can then find it in the dark as logo is always glowing :)

I'd want clear plastic for the case, but with that you'd only be able to see the battery and the rubber keyboard mat :( . Oh well, black it is.

White Demon said:
Where the hell did that one come from?

I voted for the older, boxier version, but I was going on the four pics as seen at the http://openpandora.org/ website (look at the fourth pic in particular to see what I mean). I've never seen that version above before.

If it's for the version as seen on the openpadora website vs the new curved one, I go for that, but if it's for the ugly thing pictured above vs the new curved look, I want to change my vote.

Well those versions you saw on the website were just concepts. With those proportions like the thin lid etc it would never work, you couldn't fit real components in there like the LCD etc. Those were just artists conceptions not taking into account fitting in batteries , PCBs, LCD etc. So those could never be an option. The "ugly thing" was a first boxy prototype with the sizes and proportions needed to house actual working components.

There may have also been some confusion. Those aren't "bevels" or "facets" on the top of the lid like it may look in that pic. They are actually blended radii. It will look allot smoother in person then it does in that pic.
lidside.png

White Demon said:

EDIT: the logo MUST be blue as shown by MDave.

I agree, that the pic from the homepage looks much better than this one. I don't know where this picture comes from. But putting the three pics(#4 from homepage, this one and the new from craig) in context, it seems, that this one is newer than the one from the homepage. I didn't follow the case design discussion, because it is relatively unimportant to me. If I had to decide between the one from homepage and the new one, it would be fairly hard to decide. But for me function goes over design and the newest version has got a dirt protection for the screen and the controls, so I would have had to vote for the newest one. Deciding between the uber-brick from the newer pic and the newest curved one, is very easy for me.

Edit: Too slow as always :rolleyes:

DAP said:
I'd want clear plastic for the case, but with that you'd only be able to see the battery and the rubber keyboard mat :( . Oh well, black it is.
The clear plastic case of the classic gameboy did leave a mark on your heart too huh ? :(

Mr.Gonzo said:

Argh! The blue logo in my mock-up is supposed to be paint, not a LED lighting it up! It seems people skip the text and look at the pic and jump to conclusions!

And those other LEDS I added on are actually indicator lights for the bluetooth, wifi, SD 1, SD2, mic hole and power light. Similar to how you can still see the LEDS on a ds lite when its closed.

Forget the Rest said:
MDave said:
I wonder how close I am guessing what its final appearance will be, and guessing where the LEDS are going to be :)

Oh, having the logo painted blue would look pretty swish!

pandora_blueemblem.png
I voted for the original look but after seeing this, I've changed my mind!! :p

Looks great with the blue logo.

I really, really!!! like the look of that. :)

I would like to see the final render with the leds and such, maybe even an animation preview of the system.

I personally don't like glossy finish at all, even to the point of hating it. It may look cool under certain circumstances and lights, but it gets dirty quite easily so finally ends as a pain in the butt. I don't like that now famous Apple style in all kind of devices, Wii looks good for me but that's an exception.

I prefer the matt finish on wearable devices, it gets less dirty and not shows those ugly light reflects.

I also think still suffers the Apple/DSL syndrome. Maybe those rounds needs to be better done and have a more distinctive style.

I think the device must look good but still easily able to differenciate to other devices or people will think it is some kind of cheap knock off when it's totally the contrary. It's a fact that Pandora has a lot higher spec and higher quality components than those lot more known brand products, but average people don't know it and will think bad of unknown products.

Please modify the design so don't appeal too gamer oriented or too business but something between the two, and try to not being easy to confuse to other products.

timofonic said:
I think the device must look good but still easily able to differenciate to other devices or people will think it is some kind of cheap knock off when it's totally the contrary. It's a fact that Pandora has a lot higher spec and higher quality components than those lot more known brand products, but average people don't know it and will think bad of unknown products.
That's what i'm worried about most of all... I know £199 isn't that much for this device but i really hope it doesn't look like a knock off imported from Asia.

I'm extremely happy with the newest design, it looks like a Pandora to me :p
The bricky middle-version lools like a DIY superstore multi-purpose case to me.

Back