Opinion? New Subforum - Pandora Sw/hw Mods/forks?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
One of the core design principles of he pandora is it's openness and hackability. The firmware is as open as can be (only a couple binary blobs), there's extra solder pads on the mobo etc. Not only do we expect people to alter their firmware, to change what the lid close does, or to add new drivers or whole new operational bits, or to fork the firmware or roll their own.... We wholly encourage it :) This is not Sony where the customers are viewed as competition.. You toss out half The firmware and we'll be proud you did :)

I know I've spent a bit of time working on a fastest possible boot fw for straight to games for instance :)

so strikes me we could use a subforum to keep semi organized. Plus he usual wikis etc for long term knowledge. Hacknig a firmware script or Conf or app? Post here! Got your own packages or your own firmware?

Got a new pkg manager or launcher? Dflemstr and a dozen others are working on both these things for instance, but too easily lost in General?

Post your thoughts! If a good idea we can bug poor ED, he's not nearly busy enough ;)

Jeffphone

Not sure what a "fork" is in terms of hw/sw mods, but I'm all for this idea as well. I would imagine with Pandora coming out now there will be far more people posting their works. The General forum has already gotten super cluttered in recent weeks (or months...) so it'd be great of we could get a new subforum for just mods and such.

I say +1. :)

You've got my vote, too. :p

(While I'm here, I'd love to see a gaming-specific one myself, as well.)

Yes
However i would recommend waiting until 1000 or 2000 pandoras are out
and wait till this forum calms down

we have organise how organisation
the sub forums may need a total re-haul
or a different system might be best

"and wait till this forum calms down" I don't think that this would happen.
I agree to skeezix!

SomeGuy99 said:
You have my vote.
And my Axe!
gimli.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tensuke said:
emcp said:
and wait till this forum calms down
It won't calm down for another two months. :)

I didn't get that at first. Jeez.

Yeah, sadly the calm down period is delayed at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Idea!

I think it should be "Hacking" or along the lines of that. Needs to have Hacking in it :)

"hack the planet!" - okay always a sucker for any Hackers reference :)

jeffPhone

anyone halfway near Toronto have a good condition Killer Instinct cab? (no need forit to work, just good sideart)

HACK THE PLANET!
You're not alone with loving references to the good old movie Hackers!

3675717991_f750f4a35f_o.jpg
vrqy5f.jpg

RAZOR and BLADE!

Although if we slide to the topic of hacker movies - TAKEDOWN!

Attachments

• 3675717991_f750f4a35f_o.jpg
    3675717991_f750f4a35f_o.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 75
^ Actually "hacking" is no proper term regarding warranty discussions, imo. There should be a warranty notice somewhere in the Pandora package which clarifies what voids warranty. Also "hackers"/modders should already know how to deal with this stuff.
There should be a note in every single modding suggestion thread clarifying that "hacking"/modding is just for people who know what they are doing. Including this line is in responsibility of the particular thread starter.
People don't read stickies ;)

Hacking is just the new term for anything that's nerdy these days.

I miss the old days of hardware hacking, phreaking and all that good fun stuff! (Social engineering!!)

Back