New Blog Entry

Yea, just saw it. Finally, we get to see the WiFi and Bluetooth chips. ^_^ I don't like that he's not telling what the analog nub solution they came to is.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Yea, just saw it. Finally, we get to see the WiFi and Bluetooth chips. ^_^ I don't like that he's not telling what the analog nub solution they came to is.

-God Ginrai
Would we ever let you down? Even 2mm? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never gonna give you up...
Never gonna let you down...
Stick click? ;)
Wait, no-one wanted it :D

"Preorders in approximately August?" Can that be reworded somehow? It just doesn't seem to fit.

So if we are pre-ordering in August - shipping would be in "approximately" September....

*sigh*

Well...

You also might want to change the bottom paragraph of the center column, since "the community" doesn't want people coming on here asking for a tablet mode or GPS or an added cell phone feature. Even though the website says "I have an idea / Will you please change Xyz...
Head over to the OpenPandora Forums and tell us your idea..." From what everyone here has said, it's too late to ask for changes. But, with another 3 months before shipping, maybe it's not too late.

Stick click? wink.gif
Wait, no-one wanted it biggrin.gif

I did...

craigix said:
Ah excellent, you've gone with these ones. ;)

joystick-791304.jpg

craigix said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

I would like to hope not, but seeing the direction the topics on it have taken, I am not sure what to believe.

Joppu said:
Stick click? ;)
Wait, no-one wanted it :D
Bullshit if I ever saw it. (chad's post just proved that you're wrong anyways ;P)

EDIT:
Lurkio said:
craigix said:
Ah excellent, you've gone with these ones. ;)

joystick-791304.jpg

LOL.

-God Ginrai

Lurkio said:
joystick-791304.jpg

O M G

there has to be a specific game that was made for, right? How would you even use that thing? It's like the precursor to Steel Battalion, right?

yikes!

chad78 said:
"I have an idea / Will you please change Xyz...
Head over to the OpenPandora Forums and tell us your idea..." From what everyone here has said, it's too late to ask for changes. But, with another 3 months before shipping, maybe it's not too late.
Oh no, it's still too late. The recent delays have mostly involved finalizing the hardware. Once you have finalized hardware you still need some time to test that hardware and develop software for it. If you start adding / changing hardware again then you have to start the testing and development from the beginning.

Dev boards that have shipped until now should really be thought of as beta versions. Boards that have the final wifi chips and final analog pads and all the other retail-ready hardware should be thought of more as "release candidates". You don't start adding or changing features once you're in the RC phase of development.

I agree, they should really change or clarify that particular sentence. I get the feeling that it has caused quite a lot of confusion of these forums, and is a big reason for all of these newbie "you guys should redesign it" threads.

craigix said:
I've read this particular post a few times. I'm not entirely sure about the meaning of "Even 2mm?" - I mean I know exactly what it relates to (the nubs) put the wording makes me wonder if they have nubs with the original travel?

TaG said:
craigix said:
I've read this particular post a few times. I'm not entirely sure about the meaning of "Even 2mm?" - I mean I know exactly what it relates to (the nubs) put the wording makes me wonder if they have nubs with the original travel?

Agreed, the wording is very enigmatic. I've been puzzling over it.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
I think its pretty clear. He is implying that he will not let you down (You SPECIFICALLY), so that means that stick click is back in since you have been so vocal about it.
'Not even 2 mm' suggests to me that he is exceeding our expectations (2 mm) by 2 mm.
...So we have clickable analogs with 4mm of travel. I think that is what the assumption going forward should be unless he choses to clarify further...
;)

ingrin said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
I think its pretty clear. He is implying that he will not let you down (You SPECIFICALLY), so that means that stick click is back in since you have been so vocal about it.
'Not even 2 mm' suggests to me that he is exceeding our expectations (2 mm) by 2 mm.
...So we have clickable analogs with 4mm of travel. I think that is what the assumption going forward should be unless he choses to clarify further...
;)

Hell, if that was true. I'd be extremely happy. But I have to agree with Sphinxter, I'd need to hear it from Craigix more literally to actually believe that.

-God Ginrai

Sphinxter said:
Never assume anything and you'll be disappointed much less often.
Um, didn't anyone else see the winky? He was being silly. There's no reason to think that it will be 4mm! Or clickable. The best theory is 2mm non-clickable nubs.

chad78 said:
Sphinxter said:
Never assume anything and you'll be disappointed much less often.
Um, didn't anyone else see the winky? He was being silly. There's no reason to think that it will be 4mm! Or clickable. The best theory is 2mm non-clickable nubs.
Couldn't you tell from my post that I knew he was joking? I said that if that was true I'd be happy. That doesn't mean that I believed him.

-God Ginrai

Back