New Beta Of Gp2xmb

fatdad posted on Mar 14 2007 at 10:05 PM said:
is there a way to launch this at boot, rather than launching it manually?
creat a script named autorun.gpe or rename the gpe file and put it on the root of your SD card;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it's great if you like or are used to the PSP menu system. It's not going to replace GMenu2X for me. Anyway it's always nice to have a choice and I do believe a user should use whatever interface/launcher they feel comfortable with.

tryed renaming the gpu to autorun.gpe, but got no joy..maybe im to thick 10-1 on i bet that what the problem is lol

autorun.gpu i will try that

you can rename a GPU to GPE, they're both just executable files

DaveC: i consider the interface of gmenu2x to be messy and amateur-looking. just personal preference, really

kardasan: yeah i didn't think mp3 was active, thought i'd provide feedback just in case ;)

Super Jamie posted on Mar 15 2007 at 12:08 AM said:
DaveC: i consider the interface of gmenu2x to be messy and amateur-looking. just personal preference, really

There are skins out there to make it look better.

The Sony menu just takes way to much scrolling to find what you want. You have this whole screen and you have to scroll one by one, dosn't make any sense. It is really a bad design, I am suprised Sony hasn't come up with something better.

well the xmb is supposedly award winning, but its good if it isnt hacked (where you really have to do alot of scrolling)

but yeah Super Jamie try the liquido scheme for gmenu2x, it makes it look alot nicer (tho i do like the default scheme)

Sorry it's off topic, but is there any reason at all for having GPE's and GPU's then?
Or can I rename all GPU's to GPE and ignore the Utilities section of the main menu?

Scoca posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:03 PM said:

Sorry it's off topic, but is there any reason at all for having GPE's and GPU's then?
Or can I rename all GPU's to GPE and ignore the Utilities section of the main menu?
no difference there are all the same juste the GPH menu that just launch gpe from games menu and gpu from utility menu

i'm looking forward to having a look at this, but seeing that an update is due soon will wait until that is released.

personally, i'm all for style over content and as i only use my gp2x with snes, genesis, neogeo and now gba emu i dont really need the functionality of gmenu2x - though currently am using that as is much more attractive than the default.

Yod4z posted on Mar 15 2007 at 03:25 PM said:
Scoca posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:03 PM said:

no difference there are all the same juste the GPH menu that just launch gpe from games menu and gpu from utility menu
Actually when running a GPU the menu doesn't terminate, but it does when you run a GPE.

Wow, this is a really nice selector-thingy!
One problem tho: when i got back to the main menu from the video player there was a lot of fcked up noise and after about 3 secs everything just froze...

thanks for a sweet looking selector!

cant connect usb through the menu...i have this working at auto load , so now i cant get at my gp2x through my pc useing the usb lead ....tears or in my eyes

fatdad posted on Mar 16 2007 at 02:13 PM said:
cant connect usb through the menu...i have this working at auto load , so now i cant get at my gp2x through my pc useing the usb lead ....tears or in my eyes

Just eject the SD card and let the firmware launcher boot.

Back