Negotiations With Chinese Factory

It seems that you misunderstand some things. The cases that should go out on the 15th are samples that are sent to Michael in Canada to check if they are ok for mass production.

mali said:
It seems that you misunderstand some things. The cases that should go out on the 15th are samples that are sent to Michael in Canada to check if they are ok for mass production.
Then it's... mmm.. maybe a week for all 10K cases to be completed, and then up to 8 days for them to arrive in Dallas if UPS is to be believed (although they did have a next day delivery option that they may go with). So let's say we're looking at February 3rd at the earliest for the first really real Pandora to be shipped? According to my calculations, anyway. And maybe we get lucky and it's a little sooner than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
mali said:
Then it's... mmm.. maybe a week for all 10K cases to be completed, and then up to 8 days for them to arrive in Dallas if UPS is to be believed (although they did have a next day delivery option that they may go with). So let's say we're looking at February 3rd at the earliest for the first really real Pandora to be shipped? According to my calculations, anyway. And maybe we get lucky and it's a little sooner than that.

Cutting it a bit close... I'm doing my thesis presentation in the end of february and would very much like to use a pandora as one network node in my demo (along with an N900 and a laptop). Well, I'll just cross my fingers then :)

zevdawg said:
Probably why people get headaches while watching 3D.
As far as I know it's due to the eyes constantly trying to refocus. It's recommended that to stop the headaches in 3d movies you should only pay attention to what is in the foreground.
This is because if you look into the distance and the image is blurred, your eyes will automatically try to refocus, but obviously this won't be possible. After a couple hours of this as you glance around the screen you're bound to get a headache.

B-ZaR said:
Cutting it a bit close... I'm doing my thesis presentation in the end of february and would very much like to use a pandora as one network node in my demo (along with an N900 and a laptop). Well, I'll just cross my fingers then :)
Don't worry he was talking about 2011, you have plenty of time!

In all seriousness, as much as i would love as many case revisions as possible, there comes a time when perfection is 'too' perfection for some people, as long as the case does its job, i dont care if the mould is slightly 'off' colour, i used to work in a injection moulding company for Hotpoint and the amount of console fronts allowed through that some people would have turned away....

Of course i've appreciated all the extra care and attention thats gone into this project, and of course know the early case revisions were essential for a perfect fit, but time is money as they say, and with paying customers having waited 16+ months i say enough is enough lets get this out of the door now...

WizardStan said:
mali said:

Assuming Craig and Co don't find any other 'issues' with the cases.

Back